Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: Bodybuilding Thread!!  (Read 72951 times)

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: Bodybuilding Thread!!
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2006, 07:47:46 PM »

Where did you tell her your 6 new fly rods came from  :o
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2006, 07:52:16 PM »

BTW, how do you like my new Sig!!! :o ;D ;D   It is a Sterling creation I think created buy a buddy of mine!!! ;D ;D
  Hoping to get some purple K Creatine and testofen though!!  I have heard some awesoome things about these.   The K Creatine is a massive pump inducer and well you could probably guess what the Testofen helps!! ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #62 on: March 20, 2006, 08:31:51 PM »

I use XPAND as my creatine of choice. Have been using it since it first came out. Love it and always recomend it. Never used Testofen though. My next testosterone booster is going to be Vitrix.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #63 on: March 20, 2006, 08:35:37 PM »

Well, when I get them and try them out, I'll let you know what I think!!  They were highly recommended though by someone that if you looked at him, you would definately take his advice!! :o ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #64 on: March 20, 2006, 10:30:46 PM »

Iam not suggesting any one is using illegal drugs.. IM JUST ASKING becasue you guys are huge ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2006, 10:39:05 PM »

No problem Roe Kid!! ;)  I sent you a pm regarding this, I am not really that offended, as I am sure Rick & Brian are not as well!!  At least I hope not!!  ;D My girl said to take it as a complement, so upon thinking about that for a sec, I agreed!!!  SO thanks I guess!! ;) ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 10:48:45 PM by Big Steel »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #66 on: March 21, 2006, 10:57:36 AM »

Hey Roe Kid it isn't a big deal....  it is something that gets asked of me alot especially when I am close to a competition.... the fact of the matter is when I compete I have to take a urine test and a lie detector test to prove that I am clean.... so I hope you can guess the answer on whether I use them or not....

I think the fact that I have been hitting the weights since three years befiore you were born has something to do with the size that I am ....  :o

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #67 on: March 21, 2006, 12:50:23 PM »

Not offended either. Maybe just read what you wrote before hitting the post button. I get asked in the gym if I am using anything by young guys all the time. I just tell them that its nothing but hard work and time.

Did back & tri's today. Felt pretty good but could have done better if people would have left me alone. Some people like to socialize and I am not one of them. I did dumbbell rows today and used 100lb dumbbells so I was happy with that. Wish I could get my CGBP up a bit as I was only lifting 155lbs, had no spotter around so I could not lift more or try. The smith machine is broken otherwise I would have used that to add more weight.

I have a question for you Rick. Have you experimented much with reverse grip bench press? I have heard that using this grip can add size to your chest faster than a regular grip. Can you let me know your opinion? Thanks.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #68 on: March 21, 2006, 12:53:24 PM »

Cool ..take it as a compliment. Was just curious. Good for you guys for not getting invovled in that. Keep trainin ;)
weeeeeeeeeow!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: March 21, 2006, 01:02:05 PM »

Well, I just got back from the gym.  I was not expecting what happened today!! :o  When I got there I wasn't feeling that good about myself this morning, felt weak and thin!!!  That happens sometimes I guess, but today it made me a bit mad.  So, I trained even harder on Bi's, which felt good, did some heavy hammer curls, cable preachers, and concentration curls.  Felt a bit better about myself at that point.  I went on to do chest, started off ok, was doing some wide grip chest.  After my warmup set, decided to punish myself and go a bit heavier than usual. So by my third set I was up to 290lbs.  Was able to squeeze out 12 reps.  Then I was just going to go up another 20 lbs. BUT, One of the guys I had met there, all 315lbs of him, came over and said don't wimp out and that he had seen my last set, told me to take off the 35 lb plates and put 2 more 45's on each side!!!  Well I thought that he was nuts, but he wouldn't back down from it and egged me on so I figured, WTF might as well.  I am sitting there getting ready for my set, thinking about it with 405 lbs on there, then out of nowhere, I felt a bit of a rage come on and said NOW!!!  Well, 8 reps plus 2 forced reps later I was done the set and found myself a bit stupified!!!  Felt good though. Finished of the wide grip with 310 lbs for another 8 reps!!!  After the workout, I am feeling it, but I am also more pumped(mentally)then ever.  I also didn't feel thin and weak anymore!!!  Needless to say, I am a bit surprised! So bring on shoulders and back tomorrow!!!   ;)
  BB as for your only doing 155 on close grip, I wouldn't worry as much about that. For me Close grip has always been an isoloation burn.  I do three sets at the end of my chest workout with the last set being a drop weight set and concentrate on getting as much blood into the area as I can.  I am usually only doing about 135 lbs and squeezing like crazy till I can't even do 50 lbs anymore, that ends my chest workout!!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 01:24:46 PM by Big Steel »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #70 on: March 21, 2006, 05:06:38 PM »

hey eddie ..... changing any movement up is always a good idea... I don't do the reverse grip anymore myself because I feel it puts too much pressure on my shoulders.... doing one arm at a time dumbell press is another good exercise to change things up a bit..... anything you do with a dumbell that forces you to use stabilizer muscles and strengthens your core is a good exercise.....

on another note it was great to meet you today steel... you are a big boy.... and now your gonna get bigger...  seriously though I couldn't have met a nicer guy.. look forward to fishing and training with you in the future.....

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: March 21, 2006, 06:32:40 PM »

on another note it was great to meet you today steel... you are a big boy.... and now your gonna get bigger...  seriously though I couldn't have met a nicer guy.. look forward to fishing and training with you in the future.....
The feeling was totally mutual Rick. ;)  Total class act!!   ;D Thanks for the tips and the diet!  Mine is ok but there is a few things I could do to it!!  But about that"big boy"  thing!!  I usually feel pretty good, but standing beside you made me feel small!!!  :o ;D Again, more inspiration, MUST TRAIN HARDER!!!  Thanks for the bag and the shirt!!  They will come in handy, along with a couple of other things!!! ;D ;D
  Yeah, we will get out fishing, sooner than later hopefully.  About the training thing though, give me a bit, you guys would put me to shame!!!   ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 06:35:06 PM by Big Steel »

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #72 on: March 21, 2006, 07:45:59 PM »

Haha, just found this topic the other day, who would imagine lazy fishermen to become body builders. Well I guess ill just have to show off my winnings from my high school 'Strong Man' that took place before spring break.

Second Place ;D
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 09:02:02 PM by BigFisher »
The Bigger The Better!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2006, 07:50:30 PM »

Great job on the STRONGMAN thing Bigfisher.  ;D
  Also for anyone else that might veiw this topic, please feel free to ask any questions about training, diet or whatever you can think of.  There are some people on this thread that have a great deal of knowledge on the subject!!  I am excluding myself of course!! ;D ;D  But if I can help I will!! ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #74 on: March 22, 2006, 10:21:05 AM »

Haha, just found this topic the other day, who would imagine lazy fishermen to become body builders. Well I guess ill just have to show off my winnings from my high school 'Strong Man' that took place before spring break.

Second Place ;D

thats awesome man....  do you still hit the weights or are you just a lazy fisherman now???  haha  ;D ;D ;D
it is great that there are quite a few of us on this site...

The feeling was totally mutual Rick. ;)  Total class act!!   ;D Thanks for the tips and the diet!  Mine is ok but there is a few things I could do to it!!  But about that"big boy"  thing!!  I usually feel pretty good, but standing beside you made me feel small!!!  :o ;D Again, more inspiration, MUST TRAIN HARDER!!!  Thanks for the bag and the shirt!!  They will come in handy, along with a couple of other things!!! ;D ;D
  Yeah, we will get out fishing, sooner than later hopefully.  About the training thing though, give me a bit, you guys would put me to shame!!!   ;D ;D

Big Steel no problem for the bag and shirt... again thax for making the long trip out here

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15