Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Bodybuilding Thread!!  (Read 72618 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: Bodybuilding Thread!!
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2006, 08:38:08 PM »

You sure are strong. I have certain exercises that I am weak at. Bench has always been one of my weaker exercises. I can do 220lbs but I my strength is with dumbells. When I do dumbbell presses I can do 110lb dumbbells where I should be able to do more with the bench press. The straight bar I guess is my nemesis. Maybe because when I was young I seen two of my friends seriously injure themselves on the bench press and the fear is still with me. Maybe one day Rick,yourself and I can get together and hit the gym.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2006, 10:26:24 PM »

Sounds good to me!!!  I like working out with new people sometimes!!!  Mainly because I like to steal workouts or portions of workouts that seem like they would work for me!!!  You know, seeing things from a different way never hurts!! 
  I guess the strength just comes natural.  Apparently, when I was 4, I don't really know if this is true or not, eventhough my mom seemed to collaborate my brothers story, I got mad and pounded on my brothers door, guess what, I busted it down!!!  Yeah I am still calling BS on it myself!!!!  Anyhow, I have always been able to do a decent amount of weight that I was happy with, not expecting to get real strong or big!!!!  Just want to take better care of myself then I had been.  But now I have to bug, so I'll just see how it goes!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2006, 10:58:59 AM »

hey sorry it took me so long to respond....  those are some great pics man.. you are very thick .. awesome.. as for getting together and training.. that sounds really good.. we have to try and make that happen... sounds like you are both pushing some really good weights in the gym... I like to lift heavy aswell!!!!!  even though I have found that sometimes the heavier weights aren't neccessary to pack on size....anyways lets keep this thread going.. isn't anyone elase on this site into lifting the iron??

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #48 on: March 20, 2006, 12:51:52 PM »

Just curious are you on sterioids???
weeeeeeeeeow!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2006, 12:56:01 PM »

Read even a few posts before asking such a stupid question  :-X
Actions speak louder than words.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2006, 01:49:03 PM »

hey sorry it took me so long to respond....  those are some great pics man.. you are very thick .. awesome.. as for getting together and training.. that sounds really good.. we have to try and make that happen... sounds like you are both pushing some really good weights in the gym... I like to lift heavy aswell!!!!!  even though I have found that sometimes the heavier weights aren't neccessary to pack on size....anyways lets keep this thread going.. isn't anyone elase on this site into lifting the iron??

I don't nessicarily think that what I am lifting right now is heavy, as I am doing that weight for isolation!!  On chest, i was using 280 for 12 slow reps on a couple of sets, and shoulders was the same deal.  Right now I am working on isoloation on everything, aas I feel that has more benefits then lifting heavy.  II like to feel each muscle fiber twitch on each rep!!
  By the way, who are you talking to roe kid?? ::)  I'll leave it at that for now and await your reply.
  Also on a different note, thanks Rick.  Means alot coming from a guy that looks like you!!  Makes me train even harder!!! ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 01:51:27 PM by Big Steel »

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: March 20, 2006, 02:09:46 PM »

Well, I thought that I would post again, as I just got back from doing legs!!!  I used to hate doing legs after the accident, but you know what I am starting to not mind them so much again!! ;D  I feel that I am doing some respectable weight and that I am making some improvements on them.  Just a little annoyed that I won't be able to get them all the way back to what they had looked like before you know what!!  One leg, my left, is now shaped a bit different than the other one.  But I will keep at it and see how it goes.  Haven't missed a workout yet, and I am getting more inspired and intense with each workout.  Maybe in another 6 weeks I'll do some more pics if there is any improvement!! ;)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: March 20, 2006, 02:29:48 PM »

I did Chest & Bi's today. Did 110lb dumbbells for 8 reps on my DB Bench press which is pretty good. Needed a liftoff though. I have always had strong bi's like today I did 60lb dumbbells for 8 reps, but my biceps are only 16.5''. Just started to add more protein to my diet and more calories to try and gain some needed size. I dont want to lose any of my lean muscle so I am going to try and do a clean bulk.

Rick I e-mailed you about a certain supplement, can you get back to me on it? I actually returned this supplement after reading up on it.

As far as people asking about steroids dont ask on a public forum ask it in a PM if you want to know so bad.

Back & Tri's tomorrow. Going to hit those pullups hard!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: March 20, 2006, 02:34:19 PM »

I did Chest & Bi's today. Did 110lb dumbbells for 8 reps on my DB Bench press which is pretty good. Needed a liftoff though. I have always had strong bi's like today I did 60lb dumbbells for 8 reps, but my biceps are only 16.5''. Just started to add more protein to my diet and more calories to try and gain some needed size. I dont want to lose any of my lean muscle so I am going to try and do a clean bulk.

Rick I e-mailed you about a certain supplement, can you get back to me on it? I actually returned this supplement after reading up on it.

As far as people asking about steroids dont ask on a public forum ask it in a PM if you want to know so bad.

Back & Tri's tomorrow. Going to hit those pullups hard!!!
Good job Eddie!!!  Sounds like a great workout!! ;D  I have Bi's and Chest tomorrow!!!  One of my favorite workouts!!  I think that I'll stick with the workout plan I have going right now for a bit and see what it does!!  As I said before my Bi's seem to be hard gainers, but I feel that this workout will do the trick for a while, if not, then I have something else planned for them!! ;)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #54 on: March 20, 2006, 03:55:50 PM »

Well as soon as I shut the store down today I am off to do a crazy puke bucket quad workout.. any one care to join me????  ;D ;D  today is Barbell Squat followed by one legged leg press, then hack squats followed by leg extensions and then finish her off with C & C squats.... after this workout if you aren't blacking out or puking ....... add weight  :o :o :o  seriously though doing this intense workout once every week and a half has taken my quads from 27" in 2004 to a respectable 31"
today....... the problem is when you leave the gym you can't even hold your own body weight up anymore.. you have to walk with your knees locked or you are going down hahahaha  and believe it has happened to me before ... usually in a very embarrasing place too..... ::)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: March 20, 2006, 04:09:06 PM »

Well, I don't think that I have pushed it as hard as you yet, but I have almost passed out in my last three leg workouts!!!!  No blood left for the head!!  Legs have also given out at times and put me on a knee!! ::) ;D
  I have thought about doing the one legged leg presses, but I figured that I would give it a bit yet!!!   :)
  I haven't measured anything yet ( arms, legs or chest).  Don't usually care how big they are.  Just trying to keep everything looking right.  But I just might for curiosity sake!!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #56 on: March 20, 2006, 06:19:19 PM »

Sorry BIFFCHAN ..I read the last 7-8 or posts and found nothing
« Last Edit: March 20, 2006, 06:28:43 PM by THE_ROE_KID »
weeeeeeeeeow!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #57 on: March 20, 2006, 06:59:53 PM »

Sorry BIFFCHAN ..I read the last 7-8 or posts and found nothing

Than you also found nothing to suggest anyone here uses illegal drugs. Already excited about tomorrows workout. I picked up some supplements over the weekend ($300 worth) and today decided to pick up another new multi vitamin. Went with the Animal Vitamin pack after hearing such great things about this product. So how many people buy a ton of supplements? Also how much protein do you intake per day. After calculating todays totals I am up to about 225grams of protein today. Todays dinner was two chicken breasts, a salad, and some carrots. My kids are also eating healthy.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: March 20, 2006, 07:08:15 PM »

Well, to be honest with you BB, I am not sure how much protien I am intaking!!!  Suppose I will have to add it up!!!  I am thinking somewhere around 200 to 250 grams with some quick math.  I am also probably just above that in carbs.  But, I have been thinking about getting some supplements.  Not using anything as of yet, just working with intensity and eating a lot and healthy.  With as much sleep as I can get.  I feel that I am doing well right now, but I wonder what I'd be able to do if I were to take some. :o :D  Supplements (legal of course) that is!!  I am drinking a fair amount of milk and a ton of water. :)
 So as of right now, I am not taking anything. Reason being, MONEY!!!!  I don't have much right now, but I hope that will change!!!!  Wink Wink, check the buy and sell page!!  Nudge Nudge!! :D :D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: March 20, 2006, 07:45:11 PM »

For some reasno my wife doesnt mind me buying so many supplements and spending that kind of money on them. Now if I was spending that much money on fishing gear she would have my head.

Here are my staples of supplements:
Whey Protein
Multi Vitamin
Vitamin C
Glutamine
BCAA's
Tribulus
EFA
Creatine ( cycled- on one month off one month )
Fat burner ( when going lean )

I dont take anything illegal or something that would harm me.

Belong to the "4 F Club"