Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: 2023 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 41919 times)

Darko

• Old Timer

Will be out there tomorrow morning I've been to the vedder twice this week ( way more then usual) with decent success I've been seeing quite a few springs still in the lower river.
same here fish for a couple hours see what bites..
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

I'll even tape off an area and put up "reserved" signs just for you... ;D

Just arrived home from a morning at the Vedder. Did I miss the mass evacuation order ? Traffic heading out of town was astounding ! Fished Rodney's taped off area. Had 4 strikes and missed them all. My nephew on the other hand landed 5 and losing 5-7 more.

Darko

• Old Timer

Not a bad day today

Early morning there were tonnes of cohos running through, then around 11 onwards swarms of chinook.
The bite was slow despite being in an isolated run. Fish seemed to get pretty lockjawed after ~ 12.
Caught everything on beads. Blades, spoons, jigs did not produce.
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Noticed people fishing after dark tonight at the Vedder crossing in the pitch dark. I hollered at them from the bridge to stop fishing after dark. They ignored me. I will report this to the DFO in the morning. It burns my a$$ that the fish don’t even get a break in the extremely low water even after night fall. It’s sickening how much abuse this fishery gets.  >:(
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 08:30:12 PM by Wiseguy »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Just arrived home from a morning at the Vedder. Did I miss the mass evacuation order ? Traffic heading out of town was astounding ! Fished Rodney's taped off area. Had 4 strikes and missed them all. My nephew on the other hand landed 5 and losing 5-7 more.

I taped off the wrong run... ;D
The abundance of coho salmon in the river right now continues to amaze me. Just about every run I've looked at, I've seen coho salmon either schooling together, or a line of coho travelling upstream continuously.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

The abundance of coho salmon in the river right now continues to amaze me. Just about every run I've looked at, I've seen coho salmon either schooling together, or a line of coho travelling upstream continuously.

I'll be out on Sunday again. You can text me the taped area. ;D You know my number. ;D

psd1179

• Old Timer

I need a new pair of polarizer. Cannot see that at all

bigsnag

• Old Timer

Considering the amount of advertisement on this site. I will only believe half of what Rodney says. ..and that's still some pretty good fishing.  ;D ;D ;D
It ain't the roe bro'

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Considering the amount of advertisement on this site. I will only believe half of what Rodney says. ..and that's still some pretty good fishing.  ;D ;D ;D

Yeah. 😆

The ads on the website is out of control, but that will change. The website is being redesigned this year, but halted this summer because of my dad, but i'm hoping to resume soon and it'll be completed near the end of this year. Once done, it'll look a lot cleaner I hope.

clarki

• Old Timer

I think he meant the BNR, Shimano and Simms advertising by the host 😀

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

That too, those pay the bills. ;)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Oh just wait till I start 'advertising' all my unique, custom developed coho flies and lures! Available soon from Craigs List and Facebook Marketplace.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

canoeboy

• row row row my boat

I had quite a bit of luck the other day walked put with my 4 hatchery and released around 15 or more pinks. Didn't get into any chinook but saw alot.

DanL

• Old Timer

It’s sickening how much abuse this fishery gets.  >:(

Speaking of abuse, saw a large quite chrome chrome spring in a plastic fish bag lying by the side of the road in the upper area where cars park this morning. Figured someone packed up and accidentally forgot it.

Then later in the day saw the same thing in the canal. A gutted spring in a plastic bag left to rot. In retrospect it seems obvious what's happening. People are keeping springs for the roe then dumping them at the side of the road.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Speaking of abuse, saw a large quite chrome chrome spring in a plastic fish bag lying by the side of the road in the upper area where cars park this morning. Figured someone packed up and accidentally forgot it.

Then later in the day saw the same thing in the canal. A gutted spring in a plastic bag left to rot. In retrospect it seems obvious what's happening. People are keeping springs for the roe then dumping them at the side of the road.

Text the pictures of those to me if you took some.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14