Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates  (Read 297644 times)

SteelHunter

Re: 2013 Lower Fraser River Pink Salmon Fishery Information & Updates
« Reply #630 on: September 16, 2013, 10:11:15 PM »

Thats a beauty!!

Thanks I have been working hard for last week  ;)

Some gorgeous fish came in tonight , Gratz  very nice, notice when you are clearing fish the river seems cooler , few days ago it felt down right warm , even the fish were warm

Yes very fresh fish i have been landing it makes me not wanna pay the extra gas money and head up to chilliwack , sure you catch more up there but you get way fresher fish fishing no.3 - no.5 road. Awesome day  ;D

Nice fish!

Yup there sure chrome down at no.4 road area  8)

Yvrsilver

« Reply #631 on: September 16, 2013, 10:17:53 PM »

Thanks I have been working hard for last week  ;)

Yes very fresh fish i have been landing it makes me not wanna pay the extra gas money and head up to chilliwack , sure you catch more up there but you get way fresher fish fishing no.3 - no.5 road. Awesome day  ;D

Yup there sure chrome down at no.4 road area  8)

7 fish in 2 days no need to drive any where , dont say to much :P the honey hole is only good for like 9 or 10 rods well 15 if they pack in like 5rd lol

robbyvanz

« Reply #632 on: September 16, 2013, 10:23:21 PM »

Another Commercial Fishery opening tomorrow for the Straight of Georgia: 

Area 29 (Strait of Georgia)
This is a limited participation fishery with a maximum of 20 boat days.
Arrangements to participate in this limited opportunity fishery must be co-
ordinated with the Area B Harvest Committee.  This fishery will not proceed
should undesignated seine vessels attend or attempt to participate in this
fishery.

For those vessels authorized to participate, the fishery is open from 06:00
hours to 21:00 hours daily commencing Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 until 21:00
hours Thursday September 19th, 2013 in Subareas 29-4, 29-6, 29-7, and 29-9 in
waters no shallower than 45 metres (approximately 25 fathoms).  There are no
identified depth restrictions in place for those fishing areas south of Delta
Port closed to crab fishing.  The fishery is directed at harvesting pink salmon
and releasing sockeye, coho and chinook salmon.  Minimum bunt mesh size 70 mm.
The use of power skiffs is permitted.

SteelHunter

« Reply #633 on: September 16, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »

7 fish in 2 days no need to drive any where , dont say to much :P the honey hole is only good for like 9 or 10 rods well 15 if they pack in like 5rd lol

yeah we already said to  much now its going to be gong show down at no.5 road like today it was bad around 4-5pm people jamming in everywhere and crossing your lines start to get annoying, the south arm is a big area like many others said you can walk down 2 min and have a spot with lots of room  ::)

tight lines !

SteelHunter

« Reply #634 on: September 17, 2013, 09:30:44 AM »

Another Commercial Fishery opening tomorrow for the Straight of Georgia: 

Area 29 (Strait of Georgia)
This is a limited participation fishery with a maximum of 20 boat days.
Arrangements to participate in this limited opportunity fishery must be co-
ordinated with the Area B Harvest Committee.  This fishery will not proceed
should undesignated seine vessels attend or attempt to participate in this
fishery.

For those vessels authorized to participate, the fishery is open from 06:00
hours to 21:00 hours daily commencing Tuesday, September 17th, 2013 until 21:00
hours Thursday September 19th, 2013 in Subareas 29-4, 29-6, 29-7, and 29-9 in
waters no shallower than 45 metres (approximately 25 fathoms).  There are no
identified depth restrictions in place for those fishing areas south of Delta
Port closed to crab fishing.  The fishery is directed at harvesting pink salmon
and releasing sockeye, coho and chinook salmon.  Minimum bunt mesh size 70 mm.
The use of power skiffs is permitted.

Tried a diff spot this morning with my  2" pink bb in richmond this morning. I certainly like the cast distance compared to the spinners thats for sure

slow straight retrieve, Four hookups & two landed in the space of about an hour. I notice even with all the netting going on , I have been surprised on how many fish are still rolling through.  ;D
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:34:15 AM by SteelHunter »

Yvrsilver

« Reply #635 on: September 17, 2013, 09:43:17 AM »

Low tide is really hard to fish in Richmond very very slippery, 5rd is ok and Gary point only places I have found , want to say where you were , very few are fishing low tide don't think you would get crowded out  :P and gratz , nice start to the day on 2nd thought don't bother , they might all come at high tide , I will keep looking
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 09:48:40 AM by Yvrsilver »

robbyvanz

« Reply #636 on: September 17, 2013, 11:25:39 AM »

Richmond was hot this morning.  Fished the end of Dyke Rd, past 4Rd.  Drove all the way to the end and parked by the gate, and walked west down the path.  This must of been the "honey hole" these guys were talking about.  Caught 4 in the hour I was there, and helped the guy next to me land 3.  Large schools of fish moving in this morning.  I guess the run was 2 weeks late.  Didn't think there was water access past the "NO EXIT" sign, but there is.  Check it out on Google Maps and you will know where I am talking about.  Happy Fishing!!

robbyvanz

« Reply #637 on: September 17, 2013, 11:36:39 AM »

For those having problems catching fish, try using a pink #4 spinner like this: 

http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Fox-Vibrax-Bullet-Fishing/dp/B009GYD076/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379442809&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+fox+pink+uv

I was using a 1/4 pink Gibbs croc spoon last week, but find the fish hit the spinner much more often.  I was getting bites pretty much every other cast.  Of course you have to cut off the treble hook and put on a single barbless hook.  Use a #1 hook and a split ring. 
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 11:38:19 AM by robbyvanz »

Yvrsilver

« Reply #638 on: September 17, 2013, 12:00:33 PM »

Anyone fish that new dock they put in end of 6 rd last night? was just checking it out for a low tide fishing spot , goes a good 30 feet out into the river , they said 100 fish were pulled in there last night , kind of hard to believe put I did see a good 20 kill/blood spots

htdub

« Reply #639 on: September 17, 2013, 01:34:32 PM »

Anyone fish that new dock they put in end of 6 rd last night? was just checking it out for a low tide fishing spot , goes a good 30 feet out into the river , they said 100 fish were pulled in there last night , kind of hard to believe put I did see a good 20 kill/blood spots

By the car ports? Or on the River road end? it's always 100 fish being pulled out from every location. LOL

TheDingo

« Reply #640 on: September 17, 2013, 03:57:40 PM »

A huge school went by my work on Annacis Island between 11:30 am and 2:00 pm. They were surfacing every few seconds. So naturally I took a half day and ran out there.

They were hitting every cast for the first five-ten minutes or so (around 12:45).. but then they stopped biting. You could still see them surfacing everywhere though.... They seemed to stop biting as the current changed from downstream to upstream.

Had too many hits to count, 5-6 on, 3 landed, 2 kept in an hour and a half. All very chrome with sea lice.

They were being very weird on retrieval speed.. when I went slow they wouldn't bite. When I sped up they would hit the lure but above the hook. I could see them rolling when they hit it, but nothing would set. I guess I should try a smaller spoon?

Also tried out a buzz bomb I recovered from a piling and tied it on with a pink fly behind it. Got one in the first few casts but it broke my line as I was only using several year old 6lb test and had forgotten to fix my drag after I had tightened it to fight off a snag.

By 2:00 they had moved onwards up river.. There were a ton of them - like I said non stop for almost 3 hours - so I suspect fishing will be good up river tonight?

TheDingo

« Reply #641 on: September 17, 2013, 04:14:28 PM »

PS. That is the first time this year I have seen that many move through.. only the second day there has really been any sustained surface action in that area.

Long_Cast

• Fish Smart
« Reply #642 on: September 17, 2013, 05:42:50 PM »

Today, I went to Wal-Mart in New West and I found out that they don't carry any Buzz Bombs anymore! The store clerk stocking the shelves in the fishing section was puzzled too! I bought Buzz Bombs/Zzingers from that store before, so instead of buying nothing, I bought a 3/8 oz silver fluorescent red Super Vibrax spinner.

I fished in New West this afternoon with a silver fluorescent red Blue Fox Super Vibrax spinner and fluorescent red Gibbs Kit-A-Mat lure for about 2.5 hours. Note:  I ended getting one bite about 3 cm from surface about 3 feet away from where I was standing with my Gibbs, but it spat out the lure so quickly that I didn't even feel anything at all! I was actually talking to my Dad when it happened, as I was asking him if we should leave and go home, and I looked down and we both saw what happened.

Afterwords, I fished in the same area where I got the bite for another half hour, but I ended getting a nasty snag on my Gibbs Kit-A-Mat which took me a good 15 minutes to unhook.

I almost lost my new Super Vibrax due to line twist as it got twisted so badly, the line snapped, but I caught the line with my hands and I pulled the lure in.... another reason why I dislike using spinners with spinning reels.

Yvrsilver

« Reply #643 on: September 17, 2013, 06:50:12 PM »

Richmond was hot this morning.  Fished the end of Dyke Rd, past 4Rd.  Drove all the way to the end and parked by the gate, and walked west down the path.  This must of been the "honey hole" these guys were talking about.  Caught 4 in the hour I was there, and helped the guy next to me land 3.  Large schools of fish moving in this morning.  I guess the run was 2 weeks late.  Didn't think there was water access past the "NO EXIT" sign, but there is.  Check it out on Google Maps and you will know where I am talking about.  Happy Fishing!!

Gave your honey hole a try, Fished it for 6 hours saw 3 landed and 2 lost  :-\ , back to my spot further down river tomorrow thanks any ways

FishingKing

« Reply #644 on: September 17, 2013, 08:10:03 PM »

Very good action this evening, tons of fish.