Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2013 Pink Run Timing  (Read 7181 times)

jimmywits

Re: 2013 Pink Run Timing
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2013, 09:45:35 AM »

Thanks for doing that Dan, very interesting data, amazing consistency year to year!

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2013, 10:00:58 AM »

You are all very welcome. I thought it would be an useful exercise for my own edification but it turned out to be such an interesting result I was happy to share it.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2013, 07:40:44 AM »

I've been fishing pink in non-tidal waters since they were opened in '93. I have noted high returns and good fishing don't necessarily correlate all that well. For example I checked my journal for 2007 and I noted lots of fish and good catches in the Fraser by the 2nd week of Sept and good fishing in the Vedder in the last 10 days.

One thing I do note is that the graphs discount the idea some people have that pinks start to show in fishable numbers by the middle of August. For the most part it's the 2nd week of sept before the test fisheries get their first big spike of pinks
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

phatwop

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2013, 03:33:51 PM »

Great chart!

What's the latest date that anyone has ever caught a pink salmon in the tidal part of the Fraser?