Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Furry Creek Pink Salmon  (Read 46687 times)

fic

• Old Timer
Re: Furry Creek Pink Salmon
« Reply #90 on: August 05, 2019, 02:58:25 PM »

Lots of people out on the River today. I managed to get one. Most people did not.  A few who are skilled and/or lucky got into multiple fish.  FC apparently had some fish earlier in the day but when I tried it, it was devoid of fish and people.

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2019, 09:05:48 AM »

Furry Creek parking lot and a couple of spots further north seemed busy when I went by around 4:00pm Sunday.

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2019, 11:38:01 AM »

Rain coming Saturday/Sunday/Monday.  Probably best to get out before the river is blown.  Probably not fishable by Sunday/Monday.  Lots of cars are parked near Furry Creek at times, but many are just site seeing, or waiting to see other people hook fish before casting.

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #93 on: August 10, 2019, 06:17:26 PM »

A few fish coming ashore on the Squamish today.  Tons of people, at least double the greatest number I have ever seen before.  Finding a place to cast a major problem.

DFO out in numbers all day checking everybody.

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #94 on: August 10, 2019, 07:30:08 PM »

A few fish coming ashore on the Squamish today.  Tons of people, at least double the greatest number I have ever seen before.  Finding a place to cast a major problem.

DFO out in numbers all day checking everybody.

WHy does DFO care?

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2019, 10:12:59 PM »

My friend was there today. He was checked by DFO. There was a rumor circulating that the officers were telling people it will be shut down this week

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2019, 12:45:37 AM »

My friend was there today. He was checked by DFO. There was a rumor circulating that the officers were telling people it will be shut down this week

Better shut down. very very poor return. People still try to hook the odd fish in Manquam river

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2019, 05:22:32 AM »

Better shut down. very very poor return. People still try to hook the odd fish in Manquam river

I agree 100%

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2019, 09:02:20 AM »

I heard it could be shut down on thursday

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #99 on: August 11, 2019, 05:01:41 PM »

Actually my experience Saturday was better than any day in 2017 in terms of the number of fish observed.   The run is nowhere near 2015 or 2013 but not as bad as some are saying.

zap brannigan

« Reply #100 on: August 11, 2019, 05:26:48 PM »

so many scumbags killing fish on the mam all weekend, saw lots of fines handed out and some rod confinscations wich was great.

MetalAndFeathers

« Reply #101 on: August 11, 2019, 06:16:58 PM »

Was good to see the COs going up and down the bar yesterday, one of them was even carrying a expensive fly rod! ;D Still seeing people killing them on Mamquam though, even Fred's posted on their social media of a pink that was seen killed on the mam....

VAGAbond

• Old Timer
« Reply #102 on: August 11, 2019, 07:05:53 PM »

From the present fishing regulations:

downstream of the fishing boundary signs at the power line crossing approximately 1.5 km upstream of the confluence with the Cheakamus River, and the Mamquam River downstream of the CN rail bridge.

I think the regs are different than a couple of years ago in that the lower part of the Mamquam is included in the Squamish retention area whereas there was a time when it was excluded.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #103 on: August 11, 2019, 07:53:36 PM »

Up until 2001 or so pinks could be retained in the Mamquam below the Highway Bridge.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2019, 07:59:50 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

zap brannigan

« Reply #104 on: August 11, 2019, 10:46:35 PM »

From the present fishing regulations:

I think the regs are different than a couple of years ago in that the lower part of the Mamquam is included in the Squamish retention area whereas there was a time when it was excluded.

thats wrong and confuses people in the actual fishery notice the lower mam is excluded and not open for retention, had a chat with the dfo officers about it and theyve been ticketing any and all mam retentions.