Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Furry Creek Pink Salmon  (Read 46484 times)

DanL

• Old Timer
Re: Furry Creek Pink Salmon
« Reply #135 on: August 14, 2019, 03:36:42 PM »

And people are still trying to retain pinks today, had to tell some people that there is no retention but luckily it was all civil.

...checking the website this morning (even though he doesn't know the link to the fisheries notices)

FWIW, the online synopsis was not updated until sometime this afternoon. If he checked in the morning before hitting the road, he would have legitimately thought retention was still open...

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #136 on: August 14, 2019, 04:03:27 PM »

FWIW, the online synopsis was not updated until sometime this afternoon. If he checked in the morning before hitting the road, he would have legitimately thought retention was still open...

Usually this is the good time for COs to issue ticket. Didn't they show up?

243Pete

« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2019, 05:42:22 PM »

With the amount of social media (facebook, twitter and ect) information like this notice has been posted since yesterday and people should keep an eye on any update reguarding so, it's not to say that I wouldn't have blamed him if no one told him and he kept a fish, but a fair number of people today could be heard saying "Hey, you aren't allowed to keep any pinks."
Honestly, DFO really need a better system to show notices when they do changes, but at the same time we have lots of social media posting info so it kinda makes it hard to play the game of "well I didn't know" Sort of like a double edged sword if you ask me.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2019, 11:24:49 PM »

Lost my cell phone at the parking lot at the townhouse today (Friday). If anyone found it, please let me know here and I can provide a reward of $50 for the return. Thanks.

By the way, fishing at FC is slowing down tremendously compared to a few days ago.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 11:30:53 PM by Steelhawk »