Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser Pinks 2023  (Read 68582 times)

stsfisher

Re: Fraser Pinks 2023
« Reply #540 on: September 13, 2023, 08:23:31 AM »

Also be aware that there are good numbers of interior coho in the Fraser now.  I hooked three of them in a short span today. gently released of course.

Bump this very important message to those enjoying the pinks in the Fraser system. Each year we have a pink or even sockeye fishery that runs into mid/late September there are many mis identified coho being harvested.

Aurora

« Reply #541 on: September 13, 2023, 03:34:22 PM »

Went out for an hour this morning around maple ridge area.  Didn't see any fish rise and didn't get a nibble.  Hope others had better luck.

redside1

« Reply #542 on: September 13, 2023, 03:41:46 PM »

The 7gram chartreuse in slow/ frog water is pretty damn effective on coho.

For me I've been tossing the small 7gram pink luminous at Ambleside with amazing results, a pain to cast but with 12lb fluro leader, thin braid and a light breeze these things catch air and sail.

Fraser on the opening week at first light the 7gram worked like fire but during the afternoon or evening bite they seem to want the larger 14gram size more.

A little bird told me that they will be getting another shipment some time this week.  :-X "A small shipment"
And for anyone wondering only the Cambie and 6th location carries Tas-lures, the other Can-Tire locations don't and I am unsure if they will be getting them in the future.

the Can-Tire on Cambie is going totally against Corp policy carrying these lures that's why other stores don't have them.
Local distribution received an order yesterday and sold out of the "pink" colours within hours. They still have other Coho catching colours in both 7gr & 14gr in stock.

redside1

« Reply #543 on: September 13, 2023, 03:45:27 PM »

how can a lure that's been around for 40 years be a secret? :)

When I first saw it I thought it was a kids toy.

Many companies over the years have tried to sell Tassie Devils into the Canadian and failed. Tackle shops never purchased many if any and anglers never bought them when shops brought them in. Funny how out of almost nowhere they are a "must have" lure this year for pink salmon which will most likely transition into a coho & trout lure.  Still next to no one using them on Vancouver Island. It's really just a lower mainland thing right now at this point

redside1

« Reply #544 on: September 13, 2023, 03:48:19 PM »

I've heard aswell, dam a chartreuse or blue one would be killerrr.

Searun tackle now carries a wide range of colours in the 2 sizes available. Local tackle distributors now carry 14 different colours in 2 sizes. Where ever you shop can get them quickly for you.

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #545 on: September 13, 2023, 03:49:37 PM »

Many companies over the years have tried to sell Tassie Devils into the Canadian and failed. Tackle shops never purchased many if any and anglers never bought them when shops brought them in. Funny how out of almost nowhere they are a "must have" lure this year for pink salmon which will most likely transition into a coho & trout lure.  Still next to no one using them on Vancouver Island. It's really just a lower mainland thing right now at this point

Where is this local distribution, May I ask

redside1

« Reply #546 on: September 13, 2023, 04:38:31 PM »

Surrey BC, why?

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #547 on: September 13, 2023, 04:56:43 PM »

I will not be buying 9$ a piece anymore when I can buy in bulk from China for half the price, buy any color I wish and any size.
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #548 on: September 13, 2023, 05:37:14 PM »

it's similar to the buzz bomb though that is made out brittle metal but it's patented.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #549 on: September 13, 2023, 07:28:36 PM »

Reminds me of the soft bead craze that started a few years ago.  Soft beads were around for many years mostly used by our neighbors down south but now it has really taken off

Wade

« Reply #550 on: September 13, 2023, 07:45:35 PM »

Wedding bands working pretty well too…

sumasriver

« Reply #551 on: September 13, 2023, 09:24:09 PM »

I like to fish vintage....

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #552 on: September 13, 2023, 09:25:16 PM »

I will not be buying 9$ a piece anymore when I can buy in bulk from China for half the price, buy any color I wish and any size.

You got 2 years to stock up

redside1

« Reply #553 on: September 14, 2023, 08:07:42 AM »

Reminds me of the soft bead craze that started a few years ago.  Soft beads were around for many years mostly used by our neighbors down south but now it has really taken off

Soft Beads have been around for many decades and used lots in BC. At least since the 1960's.
They are called Jensen Eggs. lol

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #554 on: September 14, 2023, 08:29:40 AM »

Soft Beads have been around for many decades and used lots in BC. At least since the 1960's.
They are called Jensen Eggs. lol

No kidding lol. I still have a pile of original jensen eggs before they were discontinued, I have a stock of soft plastic single eggs and clusters a member off this board made for me around 10 years ago. I only used them for steelhead, last year was the first for fall salmon.