Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Carp places?  (Read 3839 times)

Jelly_

Carp places?
« on: October 31, 2022, 06:37:55 PM »

So i heard somewhere that Delta have some carp around, and i was wondering if someone knows where they are? if you are willing to share the location, could you pm me?

Darko

• Old Timer
Re: Carp places?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2022, 06:53:09 PM »

So i heard somewhere that Delta have some carp around, and i was wondering if someone knows where they are? if you are willing to share the location, could you pm me?
you can catch them at deas slough at deas island. Just probably not the prime right now. As weather cools they are header to deeper waters.
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Jelly_

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2022, 06:58:05 PM »

deas slough eh? think i fished there twice. Went to the dock at the rowing club couple years back and had no luck. Might head there again in the future but has anyone successfully caught a carp there?

salmonrook

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2022, 07:16:14 PM »

Early in the year you might catch the odd salmon that has lost its way from the Fraser
Heading upriver in the fall

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2022, 07:18:25 PM »

deas slough eh? think i fished there twice. Went to the dock at the rowing club couple years back and had no luck. Might head there again in the future but has anyone successfully caught a carp there?
there are carp there, one of my friends frequently course fishes there in the summer and has caught them numerous times. worms are probably your best bet there because of water clarity, anything smelly would do well. although fishing now would be rough, also is tidal dependent, there are lots of better places for carp fishing.

Jelly_

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2022, 07:27:05 PM »

Darko, do you mind telling me some of the places?

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2022, 07:37:41 PM »

Darko, do you mind telling me some of the places?
Deer lake, burnaby lake, como lake, lafarge lake, green timbers lake, hatzic lake, all have carp. Aswell as most sloughs in areas such as pitt meadows. Como and Green timbers are probably the worst/least popular for carp. Sloughs tend to have more abundance but generally smaller fish. Each lake is a bit different in terms of when the carp tend to sort of hibernate due to size, depth and other factors. Carp are warmwater fish. They generally do well in 15 degree plus water. Meaning in our seemingly more extreme winters nowadays it will be harder to catch them as they huddle in deeper water. This is when searching a depth chart comes in handy. Some lakes you may need a boat to access it, some not. They move less in the winter so they feed less aswell. Carp are smart fish and not easy fish to catch, but they put up hell of a fight. I have spent many many hours learning about them from master carp anglers, and by my own experience and readings. Although they follow patterns each year can bring new challenges different conditons and change things up.

Jelly_

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2022, 07:57:53 PM »

wowee :o
yeah carp may seem dumb, but they are really smart and hard to catch. I once some big carp swim by, but they got spooked the moment i tried to drop my line. ill try the sloughs in the summer. Thanks for the info Darko!

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2022, 08:01:14 PM »

wowee :o
yeah carp may seem dumb, but they are really smart and hard to catch. I once some big carp swim by, but they got spooked the moment i tried to drop my line. ill try the sloughs in the summer. Thanks for the info Darko!
yea of course, there's nobody who loves Carp more than me.. You can message me anytime if you need advice or have questions. Do not get discouraged, I didn't even catch one until probably my 40th outing. I mean not even a nibble despite doing LOTS of research. Research hair rigs. They will make sure that when you do hook one it stays on so you can land it.

Jelly_

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2022, 08:13:42 PM »

Yeah ill pm you if i got any questions. Ill look into the hair rigs. thanks for the info!

coastangler

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2022, 11:52:25 AM »

Thanks Darko. Carp is definitely on my bucket list and many compare it to Bonefish. There is also some good info on setup, rigs, methods, etc on these PA reports:

https://www.pacificangler.ca/pacific-angler-friday-fishing-report-may-20-2022/
https://www.pacificangler.ca/pacific-angler-friday-fishing-report-august-19-2016/
"It is not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.”
Sir Edmund Hillary

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2022, 08:15:41 AM »

Como def has carp. Fished it only once this year and that was the only fish I caught. A ten inch carp.

Jelly_

« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2022, 03:56:11 PM »

yeah como does have carp and bullheads, only caught trout there though. Also heard somewhere that sanctuary pond holds some carp as well, not sure if its true though.

Darko

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2022, 04:17:14 PM »

yeah como does have carp and bullheads, only caught trout there though. Also heard somewhere that sanctuary pond holds some carp as well, not sure if its true though.
i was told that it has been stocked with some carp like fish to keep the weeds down. I don't know if this is true. If it is, it is probably grass carp which makes sense. Though I'm not sure if this is true and if it is I do not know why there arent any signs to indicate no fishing for them or must release immediately or something like that. I do not even know the legality of introducing them in there. It's all up in the air.

Tylsie

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2022, 10:21:38 PM »

It's been a decade since I lived close to there, and believe the city has cracked down on dyke access but I can remember and older Eastern European fellow who used to fish for carp in the Serpentine where it crosses 64. The old Bose Farm. If you could find access I am sure there are still carp in the system.