Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2022 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 67223 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

Now I know where to go tomorrow morning...

Don't trust everything you read on the internet. ;D

psd1179

• Old Timer

Slow day somehow. 3 coho and a few chum the whole morning. It is just a little rain, but the fish has all moved somewhere. Thought the rain would improve fishing, but looks on the contrary.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 10:26:44 PM by psd1179 »

Phronesis

Slow day somehow. 3 coho and a few chum the whole morning. It is just a little rain, but the fish has all moved somewhere. Thought the rain would improve fishing, but looks on the contrary.

Haha....yes i can see having 3 coho is definitely not worth going out for fishing...4 is the minimum

psd1179

• Old Timer

Haha....yes i can see having 3 coho is definitely not worth going out for fishing...4 is the minimum

It is about the action and also the sight of fish. seems much quiet than before. Thought will limited out in one hour after rain, but the bite came through a long way.

Phronesis

It is about the action and also the sight of fish. seems much quiet than before. Thought will limited out in one hour after rain, but the bite came through a long way.

I see, I thought you were being sarcastic, cause landing 3 coho for me is epic........nice fish btw.......I never had more than 2 in a day, although I lose a lot of fish either not hooking them right or they are just that good at escaping :P
Does colored coho taste any different?

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.

interesting setup psd; what rod /reel is that. Were you using spoons....thanks

psd1179

• Old Timer

interesting setup psd; what rod /reel is that. Were you using spoons....thanks

one fish on spoon, rest on jig. Shimano Curado DC and a 7' casting rod

VAGAbond

• Old Timer

A blue jig!  Hardly anybody in my experience uses blue as opposed to pink etc but I once had a guide say cohos like blue and put on blue wool.  It really worked.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

clarki

• Old Timer

obie1fish

Glad you were able to find that beauty after our efforts yesterday.  It was good to fish and chat with you!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Glad you were able to find that beauty after our efforts yesterday.  It was good to fish and chat with you!

Yesterday was a day to be forgotten, beside the good conversations. ;D It's amazing how different each day of coho fishing can be, that's why we love it so mcuh!

bigsnag

• Old Timer

Great catch, Steve.
What a beauty, Rod.
It ain't the roe bro'

matrix111

Has the water level increased by a lot today? Planning on going to canal tomorrow.

Darko

• Old Timer

Has the water level increased by a lot today? Planning on going to canal tomorrow.
its showing about a cm an hour since around 6
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin