Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A real winner here...  (Read 50395 times)

A Frayed Knot

Re: A real winner here...
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2014, 12:37:43 AM »

Yeah I saw his videos...Less then impressed with his character.    The whole incident re. his fish tank shows his lack of respect for not only the fish but also people in authority. 

I have a had time believing his story of a hatchery giving him fish for an experiment for several reasons.
A. I don't know what his profession is, but I'd be surprised if it was resource/environment/fisheries related.
B. He is definetly not the type to be doing any sort of research at a university for a graduating essay or Masters/PhD.
B2. The Animal welfare board would shut that experiment down before it got that far.
C. We already know the maximum temperatures for O. mykiss is around 26 degrees but thats tolerable, so they won't be doing so hot...

As I am skeptical about the story behind the fish (in fact skeptical is a bad word, lets use exceedingly unconvinced) I believe he chose to angle for them and bring them home.  Now i would assume if he brought more then his quota home they would fine him there.

But the major one that I would throw the book at him with is the transportation of live fish.

Yeah thats more then fair I think.
Just frustrating. He definitely doesn't look bookish to me either more like a washed up amateur wrestler. Not that I would ever judge someone in that sense, which i kinda did but it was more so from watching the videos a second time and just doesn't carry himself like someone took pride in their quest for knowledge.

#Page5First... :o
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

Carich980

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2014, 08:29:03 AM »

Its pretty obvious to me that he was just raising those trout so he'd have a steelhead to pose with for his upcoming Dec/Jan Vedder river fishing report at Tamahai Rapids.  ;D

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2014, 04:42:36 PM »

Its pretty obvious to me that he was just raising those trout so he'd have a steelhead to pose with for his upcoming Dec/Jan Vedder river fishing report at Tamahai Rapids.  ;D

Haha! Nice! throw it on the hook then toss the whole thing in the water and record brilliant!
For the supreme test of a fisherman is not how many fish he has caught, not even how he has caught them, but what he has caught when he has caught no fish.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2014, 05:27:24 PM »

Hahaha

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2014, 08:54:27 PM »

Could be preparing a steelhead for the Boxing Day Derby.

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2014, 09:07:41 PM »

Weeeeeeelllllllll sh!- I better get to superstore and start to bu---fish---saving my trout now!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 04:38:58 PM by A Frayed Knot »

TheLostSockeye

« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2014, 10:24:43 AM »

Honestly I don't think this guy understands what he is doing. He posted a new video yesterday and tries to explain how to get a fish to bite in blowout conditions. To me it sounds like he is just describing how to pocket floss at some Rapids. He is saying the fish are biting but they are not. As you can see in the video his buddy is using a 3ft or longer leader. I can't uderstand why he thinks the fish are biting his presentation. They Are not. He is simply flossing / lining fish.  And now he disables the comment section as well.

So much for a peaceful November on the vedder  :'(

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2014, 12:53:28 PM »

Honestly I don't think this guy understands what he is doing. He posted a new video yesterday and tries to explain how to get a fish to bite in blowout conditions. To me it sounds like he is just describing how to pocket floss at some Rapids. He is saying the fish are biting but they are not. As you can see in the video his buddy is using a 3ft or longer leader. I can't uderstand why he thinks the fish are biting his presentation. They Are not. He is simply flossing / lining fish.  And now he disables the comment section as well.

So much for a peaceful November on the vedder  :'(

I've come to the conclusion there is no helping, educating, or evening having an open conversation with this imbecile. No point in even commenting, because he doesn't listen. So turning off the comments really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. He chooses to be idiotic and ignorant to how things should be done. His reading and writing skills are atrocious, based on his voiceover and video descriptions. This may be a window to his intelligence, and you can't fix stupid.

I'm done even worrying about this guy and no longer want to give him views on his videos. Hopefully one day he'll see the light, but I'm not banking on it.

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2014, 02:04:04 PM »

Time to send select vids off to dfo?

Pretty sure he could get nailed on violations. 

A Frayed Knot

« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2014, 04:58:30 PM »

smear some peanut butter on him and let natural selection go to work!

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2014, 05:37:41 PM »

Time to send select vids off to dfo?

Pretty sure he could get nailed on violations.

Be my guest, not sure if they have email for links, do they?

ride604

« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2014, 05:44:35 PM »

Be my guest, not sure if they have email for links, do they?

Could just use the RAPP online reporting form and insert the links http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/rapp/form.htm
His violations fall in both DFO Violations and RAPP domains.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 05:46:21 PM by ride604 »

brigsy

« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2014, 07:21:03 PM »

So this guy has come up in a few conversations on this site an others. Without saying to much outside the topic, take a look at his posts, comments, and general attitude. Tell me what you think?

https://www.facebook.com/FishingVedder
Scary! Qatching young lady cross the river! Seems like this man is a nice enough guy,but must have just taken up fishing this year!No clue!

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2014, 08:54:48 PM »

Just sent a report to RAPP in.  I realize some of the violations are re. Salmon, but he has a video where there is the harmful release of wild O. mykiss fry.

Further I linked the videos with his dogs.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 09:02:19 PM by clarkii »

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2014, 09:02:30 PM »

Good job!