Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A real winner here...  (Read 49589 times)

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
Re: A real winner here...
« Reply #30 on: November 01, 2014, 02:45:36 PM »

He thinks that being told that he is doing thing wrong is hateful speech. He has banned me from commenting anymore. I just want to meet with the guy, sit him down and have a discussion in hopes that he can understand why he's getting this type of reaction. He can't be too smart if it's not clicking by now, and the worst part is he's not willing to learn. He just thinks he's doing things right, and everyone else that is commenting are just haters.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #31 on: November 01, 2014, 02:46:31 PM »

Well I was hoping after enough comments Mr. Ken Wiesner might wake up but it's pretty clear that is not going to happen soon. 
 ::)

I am really hoping to see him on the river one day and strike up a conversation.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #32 on: November 01, 2014, 05:56:57 PM »

see 12:20 mark of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hirwKoM1_pY

he holds up a moldy old chinook hooked in the gut by the gills then carries it around while he adjusts the camera.

I think people and stuff like this are best avoided. Carrying around a live fish like that (haven't watched it myself & don't intend to) - even if it is fair hooked is cruel and it is illegal. I hope someone passes his page to DFO for their follow up.

I wouldn't approach this guy on the river - it's asking for trouble.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 06:29:03 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Flytech

• Old Timer
  • Wishin' I was Fishin'
    • The Fish Addict
« Reply #33 on: November 01, 2014, 09:15:54 PM »

I wouldn't approach this guy on the river - it's asking for trouble.

I think it would be fine, but I also like trouble.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2014, 12:11:38 AM »

Now that we are all on this topic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JFKIKFkJ4A

Watch this video, specifically after about 3:40. It is of the guy filming his girlfriend cross the river in her track pants and shirt.

If it was up to her knees, whatever. Waist... yeah, maybe if the flow was about walking speed.

But up to her armpits in swift moving water? Come on!!! She wades across a swift moving section of the river and bails at about 4:22. During the time I spent watching this my jaw hit the floor and stayed there... I would never allow my worst enemy to attempt that.

That is ridiculously dangerous and could have ended terribly. There are always a few fishing-related deaths each year...

She's lucky. What is even more disappointing is that Mr. Wiesner acted more like a cheerleader watching her cross the river at that location rather than trying to educate her about crossing safely....but I guess it would be the blind leading the blind.

ThatDeafGuy

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2014, 12:30:02 AM »

I think it would be fine, but I also like trouble.

Thanks for posting this Flytech, I can't hear what he has to say, but judging by how he cares for the fish, he's an idiot for sharing videos and I'm surprised that this has gone on long enough without any consequence from DFO?

Now that we are all on this topic...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JFKIKFkJ4A

Watch this video, specifically after about 3:40. It is of the guy filming his girlfriend cross the river in her track pants and shirt.

If it was up to her knees, whatever. Waist... yeah, maybe if the flow was about walking speed.

But up to her armpits in swift moving water? Come on!!! She wades across a swift moving section of the river and bails at about 4:22. During the time I spent watching this my jaw hit the floor and stayed there... I would never allow my worst enemy to attempt that.

That is ridiculously dangerous and could have ended terribly. There are always a few fishing-related deaths each year...

Without a doubt, that's completely idiotic!  Don't show the kids at home...

« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 12:36:22 AM by ThatDeafGuy »
Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2014, 09:26:16 AM »

Well I did look at the video and thought of making a comment via Facebook but I'd rather he didn't know my full name.  As for looking for trouble. Scott/Speyfitter had an interesting experience many years back though people at that time told him to be cautious. Even those with appropriate training often find they have bitten off more than they can chew...'fools rush in...'
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2014, 12:51:18 PM »

I made a comment of the one where he holds up that snagged male Chinook with milt coming out....

I used a junk email and took the educating approach.  So far no response.

He must be "fishing"

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2014, 08:11:25 PM »

This guy is a chump...in one of his videos, he discourages people from reporting illegal activities on the river because he considers it being a 'rat'...and in another video it shows him fishing off a spawning bed which i believe is illegal...if anyone should be banned from posting on youtube it should be him.

He has no clue...poor technique, poor fish handling, and lack of relevant information that can help new fishers.

clarkii

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2014, 09:10:39 PM »

I made a comment of the one where he holds up that snagged male Chinook with milt coming out....

I used a junk email and took the educating approach.  So far no response.

He must be "fishing"

Just updating, nothing yet
« Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 09:14:21 PM by clarkii »

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2014, 09:24:33 PM »

He also has a rant video about how BC hydro killed his fishtank full of trout.  Gonna go out on a limb and say another violation occurred.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2014, 10:24:21 PM »

You are welcome for the report  I am sorry but that information is protected very carefully  The purpose of these videos is to show the fishing conditions on the Vedder river Not to give away un crowded secluded spots so 500 people show up there every day  ruin it for every buddy Sorry :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hirwKoM1_pY

Ah yes, the Vedder,....the last pristine, secluded area to fish in the province.  Thanks for doing your part, Ken.  Obviously, posting numerous fishing reports about the river doesn't attract any attention.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2014, 10:26:12 PM »

He also has a rant video about how BC hydro killed his fishtank full of trout.  Gonna go out on a limb and say another violation occurred.

Where is this video?

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2014, 12:09:06 AM »

Normally places that deal with culturing trout and salmon like Federal and FFSBC hatcheries have backup, generator power and alarms in the event of power outage. Guys like Ken who wish to keep fish like pets should understand the risk they take when they don't have an alternative power source.  The video does the opposite that Ken intended it for....It actually shows that the BC Hydro spokesman providing the appropriate response with Ken not listening.  Donkey.

Well, at least he is teaching his pit bulls catch and release after they dig their jaws into them leaving them bleeding. Good job, Ken. 
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 12:12:15 AM by shuswapsteve »