Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steelhead, Thompson River Opening  (Read 30563 times)

NFM

Re: Steelhead, Thompson River Opening
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2012, 05:58:26 PM »

Is there a link somewhere or us to confirm ? Can't seem to find it on line?

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2012, 06:12:04 PM »

Don't forget it's a classified water and you need the appropriate tags to fish it as well as a steelhead tag!
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2012, 10:22:02 AM »

Since so many of you sound very concerned about the state of Thompson River steelhead, I guess we'll be seeing a bunch of you at this event?

Johnny Canuck

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2012, 11:08:04 AM »

Since so many of you sound very concerned about the state of Thompson River steelhead, I guess we'll be seeing a bunch of you at this event?

I'll probably be there. I'm trying to get some friends together as well whether they're anglers or not.
Common sense is so rare it should be considered a superpower.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2012, 11:36:10 AM »

Great idea JC... I had some non-angling friends come out last time and they actually really enjoyed it.

Sea-Run Fly & Tackle

• Advertiser
  • Sea-Run Fly & Tackle (604)-931-5044
    • Sea-Run Fly & Tackle
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2012, 05:33:13 PM »

If anyone has any kind of prize donation they think could be added to the event please contact me at Sea-Run fly and Tackle 604-931-5044 or searuntackle@telus.net

Thank you very much.  Brian Braidwood

northernangler

« Reply #67 on: November 25, 2012, 09:16:19 PM »

It's really disappointing and disturbing to see the posted pictures of young steelheaders holding bone dry Thomson steelhead in their grip and grin poses. We all know that holding a fish out of water for as little as 30 secs. significantly reduces its chances of surviving catch and release. That's the reason Washington state regs. require anglers to keep fish in the water in a catch-and-release fishery. It's bad enough that some BC anglers have accepted Bison's spurious rationale for opening the Thomson to sport fishing - fewer than a thousand fish out of a historic run of 20,000 - they should at least do everything in their power to ensure that the steelhead they release will survive to spawn.

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #68 on: November 25, 2012, 10:33:15 PM »

It's really disappointing and disturbing to see the posted pictures of young steelheaders holding bone dry Thomson steelhead in their grip and grin poses. We all know that holding a fish out of water for as little as 30 secs. significantly reduces its chances of surviving catch and release. That's the reason Washington state regs. require anglers to keep fish in the water in a catch-and-release fishery. It's bad enough that some BC anglers have accepted Bison's spurious rationale for opening the Thomson to sport fishing - fewer than a thousand fish out of a historic run of 20,000 - they should at least do everything in their power to ensure that the steelhead they release will survive to spawn.

Good point!