Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito  (Read 53163 times)

EZ_Rolling

Re: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito
« Reply #195 on: August 22, 2012, 06:35:31 PM »

Maybe he has a new employer funny how you see thing's depending on what side of the money you are on.

Greatest thing about science data is that two very intelligent well respected scientists could come to totally different conclusions depending on what they are paid to look for.
Science is a great money machine. Almost everything we do is based on it.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #196 on: August 22, 2012, 07:23:00 PM »

Greatest thing about science data is that two very intelligent well respected scientists could come to totally different conclusions depending on what they are paid to look for.

Isn't that true.........
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #197 on: August 22, 2012, 07:52:54 PM »

two very intelligent well respected scientists

Well we can definitely count out the hippy on this one. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 08:49:25 PM by Bently »

dnibbles

« Reply #198 on: August 22, 2012, 08:14:31 PM »

Wow, this one has degenerated into a straight up high school pissing match. I think I'm out now lol.

Just wondering, for the guys that refuse to ever eat a farmed salmon and never have yet. Do you eat strictly wild game? Pick your own wild vegetables? Avoid eating beef from the BC interior where salmon bearing rivers are pumped near dry in the summer to grow the hay to feed them in the winter on actual feedlots? Shoot your own grouse and never eat chickens that are grown on farms that may have, at some point in time had viruses present on them?

Just asking'. ;)

I've eaten farmed Atlantic (generally at sushi restaurants that don't offer a sockeye option). It's not my favourite, but it's better than pink, steelhead, and some white springs. Definitely worse than sockeye, red spring, some white springs and most coho. It's no mushier than some wild fish are.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #199 on: August 22, 2012, 08:50:45 PM »

Yeah Im out to, Ill leave the morons to strut there stuff......Face it lads fish farms are here to stay and nothin you or the bitch of the north do is gonna stop it.
Take the T out of Morton.

dnibbles

« Reply #200 on: August 22, 2012, 08:58:16 PM »

« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 09:57:30 PM by dnibbles »

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #201 on: August 22, 2012, 09:29:51 PM »

Man you get to the truth and the machine breaks down

curious

« Reply #202 on: August 22, 2012, 10:42:01 PM »

I don't know Morton , but can't believe she is doing her research for the money.
 Maybe I should be donating to her cause, apparently our government uses our tax dollars to help the salmon farmers.
 Some of the fish farm shareholders are already very wealthy.
Just consider John Fredriksen, reportedly among the top 100 most wealthy men in the world and the largest shareholder in Marine Harvest.
 He has some pretty nice estates at various locations, shown by the link.

http://thenorway.wordpress.com/tag/john-fredriksen/

He is very successfull and has interests in oil tankers, drilling rigs, financial businesses, and reportedly one of his companies recently ordered a couple of natural gas tankers.
 Amazing the wealth he has worked hard for and accumulated in his lifetime., a very smart man. Just look at his sandbox.

http://investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=16645&mn=3246&pt=msg&mid=11450492

I expect John Fredricksen has a very good overview of marine environments worldwide.
 Some of his companies may have been involved in questionable business practices and settlements arranged, but he has expressed that farmed salmon should not be on wild salmon migration routes

www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/3304752/No-salmon-farms-near-wild-salmon.html

Maybe  Fredricksen will spend the time and money to establish more profitable land based closed containment salmon farms.