Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito  (Read 54086 times)

EZ_Rolling

Re: Alexandra Morton: A corporation is like a giant mosquito
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2012, 12:08:01 PM »

Pulpy and tastiest sounds like farmed salmon ...oh don't forget mushy

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2012, 03:41:08 PM »

"Oranges are dyed so dye still present when you purchase"

just saying......... that sounds like dem dirty fish yes no :-\
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

AnnieP

« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2012, 04:10:03 PM »

Pulpy and tastiest sounds like farmed salmon ...oh don't forget mushy
I wonder if you have ever actually eaten one ?

AnnieP

« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2012, 04:10:40 PM »

"Oranges are dyed so dye still present when you purchase"

just saying......... that sounds like dem dirty fish yes no :-\

NO :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2012, 04:30:37 PM »

Haven't eaten one never will I have seen other people eat it but I am not sure how they didn't puke it back up

PS never will eat one even if it is the last salmon on earth which may may be a possibility given the way things are going but if we are really lucky IHN may wipe them out before they wipe us out.

Don't mess with mother nature.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2012, 04:38:05 PM »

Haven't eaten one never will I have seen other people eat it but I am not sure how they didn't puke it back up

PS never will eat one even if it is the last salmon on earth which may may be a possibility given the way things are going but if we are really lucky IHN may wipe them out before they wipe us out.

Wow....that is really undeniably an awesome response, take long to think that up, no wait you didnt think can you explain how a response like that is supposed to be taken seriously, come on now, think about it. ;D :D ;D
Take the T out of Morton.

AnnieP

« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2012, 04:38:33 PM »

If you've never eaten one your hardly qualified to comment on their taste.

AnnieP

« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2012, 04:50:56 PM »

Any time you want to play some rugby, let me know. My team needs a practice dummy and since you're apparently unemployed, we'd be pleased to pass around the hat after to help you out. I can give you a few bucks to mow my lawn and the wife will pay you a bit to scrub the toilet. It all adds up and we'll go through the larder and come with a few cans of beans and maybe some mac and cheese.

Enough about me Sidestep- How are you holding up being unemployed? Cheer up sunshine- Mary Kay sales aren't for everybody.Maybe you could try Amway or something else. I also think you'd make a great burger/ fries dude or sandwich artist as well with that charming personality.Dare to dream!

Wow there's an adolescent rant if I've ever seen one :D :D :D :D And it serves what purpose ?  ??? ??? ??? ???

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #188 on: August 22, 2012, 04:53:59 PM »

I don't take you seriously either so we are even....

and as far as eating one that would mean I support this industry...

I have read almost every line of text and every link possible, In life you just get a gut feeling about something and as hard as I try I cannot find any reason to believe that farms are good in or for the ocean and even after asking the question of what good are they all that the PRO side has to offer is money and a hand full of jobs.

Growing up in Campbell River I knew many people that benefited from the Wild Salmon fishery and now it seems like a ghost town.

AnnieP

« Reply #189 on: August 22, 2012, 05:07:03 PM »

I don't take you seriously either so we are even....

and as far as eating one that would mean I support this industry...

I have read almost every line of text and every link possible, In life you just get a gut feeling about something and as hard as I try I cannot find any reason to believe that farms are good in or for the ocean and even after asking the question of what good are they all that the PRO side has to offer is money and a hand full of jobs.

Growing up in Campbell River I knew many people that benefited from the Wild Salmon fishery and now it seems like a ghost town.

Yeah well I have lived there as well and I have been a commercial salmon fisher. The demise of the fishery had nothing to do with fish farms but everything to do with poor management, over fishing and an over capitalized salmon industry. If not for salmon farming with the mills gone it would be a ghost town.

curious

« Reply #190 on: August 22, 2012, 05:41:01 PM »

I don't know Morton , but can't believe she is doing her research for the money.
 Maybe I should be donating to her cause, apparently our government uses our tax dollars to help the salmon farmers.
 Some of the fish farm shareholders are already very wealthy.
Just consider John Fredriksen, reportedly among the top 100 most wealthy men in the world and the largest shareholder in Marine Harvest.
 He has some pretty nice estates at various locations, shown by the link.

http://thenorway.wordpress.com/tag/john-fredriksen/

He is very successfull and has interests in oil tankers, drilling rigs, financial businesses, and reportedly one of his companies recently ordered a couple of natural gas tankers.
 Amazing the wealth he has worked hard for and accumulated in his lifetime., a very smart man. Just look at his sandbox.

http://investorvillage.com/smbd.asp?mb=16645&mn=3246&pt=msg&mid=11450492

I expect John Fredricksen has a very good overview of marine environments worldwide.
 Some of his companies may have been involved in questionable business practices and settlements arranged, but he has expressed that farmed salmon should not be on wild salmon migration routes

www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/wildlife/3304752/No-salmon-farms-near-wild-salmon.html
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 05:45:17 PM by curious »

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #191 on: August 22, 2012, 05:44:05 PM »

What caused the death of the Wild Salmon has always have and always be greed.

Campbell River in the -40's and 50's tons of wild Salmon was really the only thing going on there
60's and 70's Hey we can make really good money from this Commercial Fishing thing
80's well we have netted up most of the wild population of fish what now?? lets build a huge hatchery and pump out millions of fish we could make good money again.
90's well pumping that many fish into the system was harder on the entire ecosystem than we thought public pressure and science took the number from millions of fish to a few hundred thousand just enough to make it barely sustainable we are not making any money.
2000 Hey we can make a lot of money if we just fill the ocean with fish but keep them all penned up so only we get the money.
2010 well all the penned up fish are a bigger problem than we thought public pressure and science are catching up to us again.

And from what I know Annie you are still a commercial fisherman you just sell a different product and your nets are in the water 24/7 3655 days of the year.
That would be the term I would use if someone asked me what selling fish for a living would be you just changed it to farming because commercial fishing was deemed bad buy the public and science.

Enjoy your money its all you have ever wanted from the Ocean.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #192 on: August 22, 2012, 06:08:16 PM »

Hey Easy heres one for ya, in your estimation with all that you've read here who  kills more wild salmon..a) Fish Farms or b) Sport Fishing

I dont think you'll like the answer.

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #193 on: August 22, 2012, 06:20:58 PM »

Silly question Bassonator I would say sports fishing does or at least I hope it does, sports fishing deaths are sustainable and would take hundreds of years to kill them all
Salmon farming has the chance/possibility of wiping out wild salmon in a few short years.

Which would you choose??

I hope you know the answer

And that's Mr EZ to you

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #194 on: August 22, 2012, 06:24:54 PM »

Im no scientist and like my Dad always said keep an open mind and I have and so far nothing anyone has said here especiallt Morton et al has conviced me that Farms are the threat that they are made out to be, I mean look at Dr Kibenge a one time Morton ally even he's distancing himself from this.