Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I Am Back, Alexandra Morton Clips  (Read 26588 times)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
Re: I Am Back, Alexandra Morton Clips
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 09:52:36 AM »

So basically what you antis are saying is, its ok to question certain FN practices regarding fish management, but once Morton gets involved it becomes taboo....you guys make me laugh.
Take the T out of Morton.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 05:17:03 PM »

Alexandra Morton   9:45am Jun 11
This is a plea to anyone who knows why salmon farms around Campbell River are being emptied rapidly. The rumours are continuing that there is a serious disease outbreak. These are only rumours, we need facts if we are going to protect wild salmon from lethal viral spills. Now is the time to have some courage, I know the industry is powerful and frightening, but think about the future of this coast, your children if you have any, or even think about yourself. When you became a fish farmer or a deckhand on a packer you no doubt thought this industry would not hurt wild salmon. No one wants to be responsible for viruses pouring into the migration route of most of BC's wild salmon off Campbell River. You can message me on my facebook page, or email me gorbuscha@gmail.com there are dozens of you involved in this and one of could find the courage to let me know what is going on so we could ground truth this.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 05:36:00 PM »

"we need facts if we are going to protect wild salmon from lethal viral spills"

Most people would start with the facts before tossing around statements like this.

When did you stop beating your wife?

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 05:49:45 PM »

This is a plea to anyone who knows why salmon farms around Campbell River are being emptied rapidly. The rumours are continuing that there is a serious disease outbreak. These are only rumours, we need facts if we are going to protect wild salmon from lethal viral spills. Now is the time to have some courage, I know the industry is powerful and frightening, but think about the future of this coast, your children if you have any, or even think about yourself. When you became a fish farmer or a deckhand on a packer you no doubt thought this industry would not hurt wild salmon. No one wants to be responsible for viruses pouring into the migration route of most of BC's wild salmon off Campbell River. You can message me on my facebook page, or email me gorbuscha@gmail.com there are dozens of you involved in this and one of could find the courage to let me know what is going on so we could ground truth this.

Stop it ..... my sides are hurting.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 05:59:45 PM »

Stop it ..... my sides are hurting.... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Glad we made your evening. ;D ;D :-\

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 07:16:43 PM »

Chris, you need to do better than that ;D C'mon we're expecting good stuff after your fishing holiday.
Here's a suggestion for Ms. M - call and ask them why the pens are "being emptied rapidly".

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 07:29:26 PM »

Chris, you need to do better than that ;D C'mon we're expecting good stuff after your fishing holiday.
Here's a suggestion for Ms. M - call and ask them why the pens are "being emptied rapidly".

I've heard they have put in a "call block" on Ms Morton's phone number.

If one of you pro-feedlot boys know what's happening, perhaps you could do the right thing and let us know what sort of disease outbreak they are having, that requires this drastic an action....
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2012, 07:53:03 PM »

I've heard they have put in a "call block" on Ms Morton's phone number.

If one of you pro-feedlot boys know what's happening, perhaps you could do the right thing and let us know what sort of disease outbreak they are having, that requires this drastic an action....

Probably been infected with that nasty sockeye coho virus, IHN.

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2012, 08:25:01 PM »

A few steps back are in order here.

At this point, there is no indication that there is a virus or anything else untoward going on with the exception of Morton's attempt to crank up the rumor mill and get all her special friends palpitating. No doubt it helps with the fundraising but it is dishonest and manipulative marketing at it's worst; a sign of how desperate this woman is becoming.

Chris, I was hoping you'd return with something of your own to say. I expected better from you.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2012, 08:27:39 PM »

A few steps back are in order here.

At this point, there is no indication that there is a virus or anything else untoward going on with the exception of Morton's attempt to crank up the rumor mill and get all her special friends palpitating. No doubt it helps with the fundraising but it is dishonest and manipulative marketing at it's worst; a sign of how desperate this woman is becoming.

Chris, I was hoping you'd return with something of your own to say. I expected better from you.

Video's doing the talking for now, one more to go. ;D ;D ;D

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2012, 08:39:33 PM »

If a video plays in a forest does anybody hear?

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2012, 11:00:20 PM »

First thing I would do is actually ask the company why they are being emptied.....but of course that would be too easy.  It is much better to speculate and let everyone know what the rumours are first.  It could be related to what the supply of farmed salmon in the global markets and the price....but again...it is better to scare people first with "lethal viral spills" then try to find out why.  I guess I could ask a company like Marine Harvest and do the work for Ms Morton, but seeing as though she has much more experience dealing with these powerful and frightening people I think she should cancel some media events and safe meetings with FN leaders and try asking herself.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2012, 05:48:30 AM »

Clip 4, enjoy, sorry for the delay in getting it online for you.;D  ;D http://youtu.be/6uNU2uDr8xE

Bill

« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2012, 06:57:14 AM »

Cheam Band is what it is; a band lacking leadership regarding salmon harvests and long term conservation.

I have been away for awhile, as soon as I watched the clip  my thoughts were the same as Dave's. Chris was Ms Morton there to get support from the Cheam Band or to educate them?