Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Altercation at Larfarge - Banana's speak out!  (Read 15619 times)

fishseeker

• Old Timer
Re: Altercation at Larfarge - Banana's speak out!
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2009, 06:32:40 PM »

Personally I am just out for a good time and I can't help thinking there is very little good that can come out of altercations - it would just ruin my day and probably do nothing to change the habits of the offender.   

Min

« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2009, 08:03:47 PM »

Personally I am just out for a good time and I can't help thinking there is very little good that can come out of altercations - it would just ruin my day and probably do nothing to change the habits of the offender.   

Yeah, never have been much of a person for altercations.  Plus, I also believe that a fight does little to change the offender's behaviour.  Somehow, the idea of fights don't really fit in with my idea of fishing.

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2009, 09:12:52 PM »

Cossed line by others twice is ok for me. I will react form the third time (to give them time to adjust themself).

What if they dress in a bear or coyote costum? ;)

fish007

« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2009, 09:33:07 PM »

::)Send out your hound (if you are a bear hunter?)

Schenley

« Reply #49 on: November 21, 2009, 10:54:04 AM »

I am continually suprised that many on this site dont seem to know the difference between a Fishery Officer and  Conservation Office. Call DFO for an ethics problem in a pond stocked with trout????    Come on now-- learn the difference between them.

deathblade

« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »

We prefer the correct term Caucasian, not whites.

shakespug

« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2009, 03:46:23 PM »

As in, referring to skin colour?  ???

Bhinky

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2009, 01:37:13 PM »

that's why i proposed to raise the penalty 10 times more so the DFO won't be understaffed, and things would be a lot smoother i guess.

Aa a multi-lingual person(Taiwanese, Mandarin, English, Cantonese), i did speak to "those" whatever you wanna call them, yes, you can break the language barrier, but the perceptions, background, as well as values and ethic are in different dimension. I don't even think language is an issue since i see Chinese elders and Eastern European Elders seem to be hanging out really well with occasion high fives after they caught fish. Some are from very poor and un-nurished background and they would like to have it back in the present, to get as much as they could. We see examples in rappers who collect tons of sneakers cuz they couldn't have those when they were kids. Others think they can afford the risks and the fine, cuz they have the old age security from Canadian Government, they are just paying a bit back for taking the fish. Besides, what else can you really do when you are old and you just can't wake up at 4, driving to vedder and hike then fish those big salmons? I am not trying to say they are right in anyway, but think from their perspectives, and i figured a lot of them cannot adapt to change all those they have been carry on all the way till today. Chumming the water, using livewell, snagging fish(my chinese fishing budy told me there are ppl specialized in snagging fish with18+ hooks in lines, known as scorpion fishing technique) are all parts of fishing in Asia, Eastern Europe,  or where ever they are from, but hey....what if things all changed when you got that old?

Seriously??

This may sound a bit ignorant but it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. This isn't Asia or Eastern Europe, it's Canada. Our rules are in place to be followed, no excuses. I wouldn't be excused from not paying to fish on a pay only lake in the UK by saying "Think from my perspective officer, I'm from Canada" You want to fish in this country? Read the rules and respect them.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 01:44:29 PM by Bhinky »

trout80

• I fish therefore I am.
« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2009, 07:16:33 PM »

Get their plate number and call DFO for crossing over your line? What a waste of a phone call. Cutting the lines is not immature it sends them a message that you wont put up with their crap. If they are blatantly doing it than you have to do something. You have to stick up for yourself. You cant just cower away and let them do something that is wrong.
I agree with this. Why should some jerk get away with showing up after you did and then bully or push his way into your place.Too much of this goes on because they get away with it.
fishing is life, the rest is just details.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: November 23, 2009, 10:40:43 PM »

It really doesn't matter what ethnic background you are from.  How you fish and value public resource is of personal preference.  Take a broader example.  Some people visit their family doctor whenever there is slight cough, sneeze and some realize if you exploit the health system it's going to be costly for everyone.  These public shared benefits (fishing included) are all a learning curve for everyone.  Some learns faster some slower. 

Takes the natives at Capilano.  They still fish with 1 oz wt on their treble hooks.  So is it illegal to snag fish?  Yah only when you are the general public.  But can't say Canadian doesn't do it.

shakespug

« Reply #55 on: November 23, 2009, 11:43:59 PM »

Well, fishing used to be...oh great he caught a fish! (no matter what method). Now it's more like, "oh, he caught fish, let's observe how he did it to ensure he's following rules. If he isn't, he shouldn't be here, etc. etc."
Jeez people, if you don't like it, walk away! Or confront them verbally in a friendly manner like i do. I haven't had any "boiling-over" issues yet, but chances are, they will be nice about it and stop whatever it is they were doing to you that caused you to confront them.

Don't try to "police" people, you are there to fish and enjoy a day off work or school, not to police or stress.

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2009, 12:23:00 AM »

Now it's more like hey how come his catching fish and I'm not.  He must be doing something illegal.