Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Altercation at Larfarge - Banana's speak out!  (Read 15620 times)

Matt

• Old Timer
Re: Altercation at Larfarge - Banana's speak out!
« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2009, 02:12:06 AM »

Thanks Matt.   This is exactly what I'm saying.   You're very astute for a young guy.   :)     Non-asian even!  (just kidding everyone!)

And yes, it is the crowded South - Southeast side.   Fishing dock.    Many times if the dock is occupied, I move on.  But yesterday, it was empty, until they arrived.   Time was 9:30-10:30 am.   The other "fisherman" wanted to cast into the south-east pocket from the dock, rather than moving to the surrounding bank (which had open spaces - just not as comfortable as fishing from the dock).

I'm still going to be fishing there.   As someone earlier mentioned, I got there first, and it's not right that it's ME, that has to move out of the spot.   Fishing at Lake Lafarge (bottom fishing) is not like river fishing.  There is a lot more sitting around and waiting, similar to bar fishing.

This is my first year fishing (except for when I was a boy growing up in Victoria).   I started when I attended the Father's Day fishing event at Lake Lafarge.   Then I got "hooked" and started fishing there, and then onto the Pinks, which was a lot of fun, catching 18 this year.    I visited the Vedder and Stave to check things out, but I didn't fish.   I'll do that next year when I get more experienced.

But even for a relatively new guy, I know what should be obviously right and wrong and what should be normal common courtesy.   

Now how about helping me with my calculus homework? ;D

gcal

« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2009, 02:25:55 AM »

:) !   

marbles

« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2009, 06:47:25 AM »

20 years ago I would have cut there line or worse,however I have matured ::) get there plate number and send it to dfo

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #33 on: November 18, 2009, 07:09:33 AM »

Race is irrelevant. I've seen all types and sizes of people doing exactly what you described.

I've never seen a black person do this.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2009, 07:39:03 AM »

20 years ago I would have cut there line or worse,however I have matured ::) get there plate number and send it to dfo

Get their plate number and call DFO for crossing over your line? What a waste of a phone call. Cutting the lines is not immature it sends them a message that you wont put up with their crap. If they are blatantly doing it than you have to do something. You have to stick up for yourself. You cant just cower away and let them do something that is wrong.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2009, 10:21:57 AM »

i'm not saying i wouldn't feel compelled to cut their line myself, but i think that would merely aggravate the situation.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2009, 11:40:59 AM »

Cutting their line is the most direct route from behavior ---> consequence.  Stupid people have a wire missing in their brain that connects rational argument to a meaningful resolution so I think you're wasting your time arguing with idiots that will never think about what you are saying.  This goes for more than just fishing too :)

It's like rex-kwan-do from napoleon dynamite.......   Cut the line, walk away.   Cut the line, walk away.   

shakespug

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2009, 11:49:18 AM »

I usually stare at those kind of people persistently then they get the message  and move  ;D

jimmywits

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2009, 12:09:37 PM »

I know I should not get into a verbal spar with people.  But he was casting that way intentionally.  He acknowledged doing so...  he just didn't care.  And as I said, I witnessed his other past poor behavior.   I had to say something.   

Calling the report line is not very immediate or effective.    There are many times that I see illegal chumming at Lafarge.   Called it in.   Nothing happens.    Those guys/gals are likely not interested in supervising stocked lakes.

It's like you guys fishing the Vedder, and seeing all that s**t.     Very frustrating to see this coming to family-oriented stocked lakes.

I mentioned my race because I hate seeing my race being "targeted".   It's unfortunate.   I just want to do my part for my heritage and community.
Thanks for doing that gcal, good on you.

fish007

« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2009, 12:36:11 PM »

Cossed line by others twice is ok for me. I will react form the third time (to give them time to adjust themself).

hank4hire

« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2009, 02:54:51 PM »

I was there tuesday also, but fishing on the north east side because the dock area looked very crowded.  There was a guy fly fishing on a personal raft if I'm not mistaken?  I feel embarassed when other asian people lack etiquette but as mentioned by previous posters, there are sh!tty fisherman of all races (as far as rules and courtesay).  Anyways, I don't usually mind rain but that day was especially unforgiving so I left after a few hours.

hank4hire

« Reply #41 on: November 18, 2009, 03:00:09 PM »

Edit^^ nevermind, it was actually monday

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: November 18, 2009, 03:31:02 PM »

You think Asians are a problem? :o
Wait till you run into Slavic guys...heathens they are, heathens! :D

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #43 on: November 18, 2009, 03:52:18 PM »

I love that, Milo.  :D Just so funny.

So when you cut the line of an Asian, he bows and says 'Sorry San, sorry, sorry'. And when you cut Milo's friend's line, you will become hamburger meat...  ;D or what is left of a roe sack after being stepped on.  ;D

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2009, 01:08:07 AM »

You guys should see what happens on the feather river in cali when lines get crossed people get stabbed ect. then again at least in america we have a rep as californians of not taking anybodys crap.not saying i indulge myself in that ignorance but i personally refuse to get made a fool of for a lack of better words by anybody black,white,purple,orange or blue.Im always genuinely respectful to everybody until i dont get it back...then...Birdies chirp LOL ;D
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^