Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who are you? Personal Profile  (Read 540019 times)

aquaboy24

• Old Timer
  • Nuclear Fishin'
Re: Who are you? Personal Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2003, 08:50:05 PM »

Name: Vince W.
Languary Spoken: English
Residence: West Vancouver - since day 1
Marital Status: Every time I head out salmon fishing and return empty handed, I step one step closer to divorse
Favorite food: Sushi, Pizza, Beer, Elk Burgers
Favorite fish: Anything that lets me catch it...but I love coho because I worked with them
Favorite fish species for fishing:   same as above
Favorite river: I was raised in the Capilano...but I don't like what I am seeing there now
Job: teacher - my school district can never decide if myself or Joefish (another member here) is the best Geography teacher in the global village. Also teach scuba.
Other pass times - sing in a band, Taekwondo, Krav Maga, Arnis, skiing, and Scuba Diving  

You don't make friends with salad.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2003, 09:29:14 AM »

im danny im 15 years old, i fish probobly every day no joke. I live in Anmore bc. I speak english. My favorite food is fish. I fish these places    Vedder, Squamish, Stave, buntzen lake, Fraser. Love to fly fish and river fish...hopefully one day ill become a guide up north.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 03:47:29 PM by THE_ROE_KID »
weeeeeeeeeow!

Stimulator

• Something's fishy here....
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2003, 09:45:09 PM »

Name: Geoff
Tools: Fly Rod
Trade: Fishing Bum
Favorite Fish: Rainbows and steelies
Favorite Food: Beerz
Likes to fish: Big western rivers

odie

• I Fish ... therefore, I am.
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2003, 12:26:44 AM »

Hi (again) ... was one of Rod's first members on his original site a few years back. Been lurking and decided it was time to stay up late and start contributing.
I'm 39, married and live in Surrey with my wife and 4 girls 12/10/5/3.
The 12yr old is addicted to fishing ever since she limited out on trout at the Little Campbell when she was 5 (so I now always have a fishing buddy).
Love to fish but find it hard to get away ... Drift Fishing the Vedder is my favourite but I manage to get out to most local rivers ... thanks to Rod I discovered the Squamish/Cheak/Mam last year and had a blast with the fiesty Chums.

This is the best site around and it's got a lot to do with the members and their attitude (and the big guy who keeps it going)
If you see us out on the river come say hi ... hopefully it'll be US (Brown Dad and Beige Daughter .. I'll get a picture up sometime) ;)

The_Roe_Man

• I like ROE!
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2003, 07:58:44 PM »

The names Peter, i was also one of the first members and have to say this site has come along way :)I am 16 years old and fish the vedder, stave, fraser, along with buntzen, sasamat, allouette lake and others.   I am both a fly and gear fisher but mostly gear fish for salmon but fished for pinks on the fly this year and had lots of fun.
I like ROE

ahans

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2003, 02:31:26 PM »

My name is Atul Hans. I'm new to Vancouver...came from Fiji Islands. Love Fishing. I'm married and have a 2 and a half year old daughter. This website has been the best so far to find out about local fishing. Thanks guy's. The forum is great. I've learnt a lot. Float fishing on the Vedder is my best experience and I plan to do it more. If any of you members out there wanna go with me let me know. I have a car and don't mind getting up early for fishing. Since I'm new to fishing in BC I don't mind company and am willing to pick you up and head for the Vedder early morning.
Tight lines everybody!

Terry Bodman

• Old Timer
  • A poorly tied fly is better than no fly at all!
« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2003, 06:26:52 PM »

Name: Terry Bodman
Birthday: June 29
Language: English
Residence: Chilliwack
Marital Status: Very rigidly controlled
Favorite Food: McDonald's Hamburger
Favorite Fish Species: Rainbow
Favorite Fish Species for Fishing: Steelhead
Other: Only fish 5 days a week during the winter. Favorite river is the Vedder/Chilliwack. Hit interior lakes when possible in Spring and Summer. Work in curling and golf when fishing is slow. Wife, Colleen, does not object to my fishing and I don't object to her golf, bridge and curling (it's an excellent arrangement). Have two children, boy and girl, who have provided me with 5 grandchildren.  Member of Rotary Club and Chilliwack/Vedder River Cleanup Coalition.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2003, 06:32:13 PM by Terry Bodman »
"One man of courage makes a majority"

redneck

« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2003, 09:38:07 PM »

Name: Jeremy Beebe
Birthday: Jan 31
Languor Spoken: English
Residence: Richmond.
Marital Status: Snagged
Favorite food: Moose
Favorite fish species: Halibut
Favorite fish species for fishing: Northern pike for their fight.
Favorite River: Tatshenshini for salmon, before everyone else got there.
Other misc. info: I’ve got three 4 yrs olds that love to go fishing.

Mabelingwane

• Mabelingwane Hunting safari's
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2003, 07:21:47 AM »

Name: Corrie Venter

Birthday: March 19

Languary Spoken: English, Afrikaaner

Residence: Burnaby B.C

Favorite food: Biltong ( inda like jerky but the SA version)

Favorite fish species: Trout

Favorite fish species for fishing: yellow fin tuna

Favorite river: Cape Vidal , South Africa

Other misc. Own and opperate a hunting outfitter in South Africa with my family. Been in Canada for 2 years and just love this country.
A strong man won't let anyone get the best of him... but a man of strength gives the best of himself to everyone.

Flycastin

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2003, 01:44:34 AM »

Hey everyone, just joined the forum and had to reply!
Hope im not the only female on the forum  :)
Call me Red, i live in Terrace where the Skeena fishes all year around. I don't have any favorites, just happy to be in a great part of the country fishing every day.

Keep your stick on the ice.

Ross UK

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2003, 04:29:36 AM »

Name : Ross
Live In : UK
Profession : I build websites
Favourite Country : Canada of course !!
Favourite Fish : Carp and Sturgeon
Fishing : Freshwater match fishing here in the UK. I fish 3 days a week in the summer, less in the winter. Most summer fishing involves catching carp and in all honesty I've lost count of the number of times that I've weighed in over 100 lbs of carp in fishing matches this year.

Visited BC for 6 days last year and have booked a longer trip this year. I'll be there when Vedder River Festival is taking place so hope that Rod won't mind if I turn up and say hello....and pick up rubbish of course !!.

One of my websites is an online tackle shop for a busy retailer here in London, so if anybody is trying to get hold of a hard to find (light !!)  piece of UK fishing tackle then let me know and I'll bring it over for you.

There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the bank like an idiot
[/size]
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

Nina

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 15, 2003, 12:10:22 AM »

Name: Nina
Birthday: 17th of May
Language spoken: Danish, english and a bit of german....
Residence: Denmark, Copenhagen
Marital status: Rodneys girlfriend  ::)  :-*
Favorite food: mmm danish food  ;)
Favorite fish species for eating: halibut
Favorite fish species for fishing: hmm hard to tell, depends on what I am catching! I like lake fishing better than river fishing  :D  ::)
At the moment I'm trying to catch a pike here in Denmark.
Favorite lake: There are hundreds of small lakes around where I live and in one of those those lakes there is a pike waiting for me......
Favorite river: squamish river
Other misc. info: Usually spend my summers in Canada fishing and just relaxing. I'm in school right now in Denmark doing my master of science in agricultural science.

By the way, its nice to see so many people using this forum and finding it usefull, thats what its here for, so keep the posts coming!  :)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2007, 11:09:16 PM by Nina »

Fly Guy

• Betty The Bruiser
« Reply #42 on: September 15, 2003, 11:52:49 AM »

Hey Everyone,

Jeff here, 32, live in Vancouver, mainly flyfishing but also love the hardware particularily in the rivers. I use my trusty 12' boat to get me to all the hot spots in the rivers and lakes.  Love flyfishing for trout in the interior lakes.  Favourite spot, the Yakoon river in the Queen Charollette Islands.  Fished lots of places in BC.  I love it!  Favourite fish: Rainbow trout, cause at times, they're the hardest fish to catch!!

Cheers!

u_gada_no

• Shoulda seen the one that got away.
« Reply #43 on: September 15, 2003, 01:13:08 PM »

Hi there,

I've only been on this site for about a week and I think it's one of the best web sites I've ever seen. Lot's of good, interesting details.

Anyway, about myself. My name is Pete. I'm 45, live in Steveston, married with 4 great kids. Some of them like to fish. One thinks it's yucky. I speak English, and Dutch. Love most foods, except Greek for some reason. Favourite fish is anything that fights hard.

funky rodder

• Save me some guys....
    • i-Clean(TM) Global
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2003, 12:27:44 AM »

Name: Angus a.k.a. Funky [anything] :D

Birthday: Feb. 10th :)

Language spoken: english, cantonese, & any other [foul] language you can think of. :-X

Residence: Steveston :)

Marital status: married w/2 children ;)

Favorite food: "i'm chinese...what is there i do not eat?" ;D

Favorite fish species: anything edible :P

Favorite fish species for fishing: anything edible again :P

Favorite lake: none yet, but i hate stump lake, lost my rubber raft there >:(

Favorite river: Fraser river (closest to home) :)

Other misc. info: my dream catch is a marlin & a barracuda [must catch before i die] :P

And yeah...love these smilies  :) ;) :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :'(

« Last Edit: October 04, 2003, 12:30:09 AM by funky rodder »
Bite me [bait]