Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Assault by jetboat operators on a fisherman on the Vedder  (Read 19993 times)

Clarki Hunter

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
Re: Assault by jetboat operators on a fisherman on the Vedder
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2022, 10:08:52 AM »

The Google review score for "Hooked on Adventure" have dropped from 4.8 to 3.5 in the last 48 hours (Jul 28 to 30). Seems like the word is out :-X

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #78 on: July 30, 2022, 12:31:18 PM »

The Google review score for "Hooked on Adventure" have dropped from 4.8 to 3.5 in the last 48 hours (Jul 28 to 30). Seems like the word is out :-X

3.4 now  :)

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #79 on: July 30, 2022, 12:47:32 PM »

3.4 now  :)

IMHO, nothing to smile about.

Those leaving one star Google reviews are (adjective removed by author) keyboard warriors.

avid angler

« Reply #80 on: July 30, 2022, 01:36:12 PM »

I’ve also seen posts that it’s not Mike Irwin/hooked on adventure. Probably best not to mess with someone’s livelihood when it’s not 100% confirmed. That’s not the only hcm with that trim package

iblly

• Old Timer
« Reply #81 on: July 30, 2022, 02:17:58 PM »

If it wasn’t him you’d think he’d have chimed in by now?

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #82 on: July 30, 2022, 03:35:11 PM »

If it wasn’t him you’d think he’d have chimed in by now?

Of course he would have. No reason not to. I'd have a giant update on my facebook confirming it was not me and 100% criticize that sort of criminal behaviour and unsafe operating of a jetboat. But not a peep. Those folks that went flying on the back deck when he did the 180 on the river likely still have bruises.

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #83 on: July 30, 2022, 06:03:51 PM »

Those leaving one star Google reviews are (adjective removed by author) keyboard warriors.

Who cares though? It lets people vent their frustration without being actual warriors (which is what started this debacle in the first place). I haven't left a review but do appreciate seeing democracy in action. Or is it anarchy? ::)

roeman

« Reply #84 on: July 30, 2022, 09:18:01 PM »

IMHO, nothing to smile about.

Actually it is something to smile about.  Hopefully lots of people get involved in this story and destroy his guiding business. Has no right to operate any type of vehicle in the manner that he did.  Excessive speed, almost certainly alcohol involved, in an area that is well known to have lots of people fishing and or swimming in the water at this time of year.   And he is suppose to be trusted to take a family out fishing
Are you fishin or catchin

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #85 on: July 30, 2022, 09:48:33 PM »

Who cares though? It lets people vent their frustration without being actual warriors (which is what started this debacle in the first place). I haven't left a review but do appreciate seeing democracy in action. Or is it anarchy? ::)
I bet anybody who has been attacked by an online mob cares.

I don’t think it’s appropriate to attack a business when we don’t know the whole story and or how it will play out.

avid angler

« Reply #86 on: July 31, 2022, 12:42:12 AM »

I think people should wait until the authorities release confirmed details before the public is burning anyone at the stake. Not saying it was or wasn’t him. Just too many conflicting stories for the general public to be drawing conclusions and sewering anyone at this point.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #87 on: July 31, 2022, 07:18:36 AM »

Rufus has come forward in a Province newspaper article. Should not be long now before the assailants are identified and charged. I was unable to post up the link. Hopefully someone’s else on here can do it. Thanks
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 07:27:06 AM by Wiseguy »

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #88 on: July 31, 2022, 08:31:11 AM »

Regarding the on line flaming and efforts to destroy one person's business; there were 3 people involved in the assault. No one mentioned but the one big guy wearing a dark t-shirt & holding a beverage can in one hand (possibly a beer) kicked Rufus in the ribs while he was on the ground. Rufus has said he threw or tossed a rock out into the water. He may have some impaired judgement but the people in the boat may have seen his intentions differently.

I agree that it is time to let the system sort this out. Perhaps the parties involved will be able to make contact. I can't see any of the 3 assailants are feeling too good about their actions in the cool light of 7 days later.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

bobby b

« Reply #89 on: July 31, 2022, 09:38:35 AM »

I can't see any of the 3 assailants are feeling too good about their actions in the cool light of 7 days later.

I bet these goons would undoutedly all be laughing about it and giving each other high fives as they recall how tough they were if it had not been witnessed or captured on video  .....100% 

Anyone really think they would  have any genuine remorse!?

Once a meathead always a meathead .... bullies through and through.... probably always have been
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 09:40:07 AM by bobby b »