Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: speeding ticket  (Read 22862 times)

purple monster

Re: speeding ticket
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2009, 01:13:39 PM »

Thank for the advise.  My son was slowing down as directed by the officer.  for the officer to smash the mirror, he had to have slowed down.   Do we have to go thru with a lawyer.  Do you think the complaint dept. would suffice???

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2009, 01:40:33 PM »

Am I missing something here ? Why did the officer smashed your son's passenger window ?

doja

« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2009, 01:47:42 PM »

Thank for the advise.  My son was slowing down as directed by the officer.  for the officer to smash the mirror, he had to have slowed down.   Do we have to go thru with a lawyer.  Do you think the complaint dept. would suffice???

You can go threw small claims court, if you think you have a good case, and you very well may have one.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2009, 02:06:54 PM »

I fight any ticket i ever get, more times then not the cops dont even show up and your off if as long as you dont plead guilty  ;)

Right on, thanks for wasting taxpayer money, HOOK, and great job backlogging the courts unnecessarily.   ::)

I'm with clarki - all this talk about "how to beat a ticket" is ridiculous... it seems like a lot of people don't want to take responsibility for their actions.  In some cases (such as yakideath12's), it sounds like they may have a legitimate argument - in situations like those, I hope you win!  But for any of you who waste everyone's time and money trying to save a few bucks... very frustrating.

Tex

gcal

« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2009, 03:32:39 PM »

On those rare occasions that I actually received a speeding ticket (rather than just a warning - and I almost always get off with just a warning, by being courteous and genuinely sorry)  I suck it up and pay the tickets and receive the points.    Also, I was always speeding when I got pulled over - radar/laser is rarely faulty.

The way I look at it, it's just payback for ALL those times that I had been speeding, and not getting caught.   It's just the cost for driving fast.

P.S.  it helps to get warnings, rather than tickets if you drive a regular family car.    When I was younger and had my Corvette, I NEVER just got a warning.    :)

patagonia

« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2009, 04:42:24 PM »

yes i can explain that to you Doja.... the space to sign is there for people to do exactly that... if they refuse the officer simply rights served in that space or leaves it blank...

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2009, 05:15:28 PM »

I can understand your frustration. 2 km over speed? Humans do not have the senses enough to make that fine judgement unless you are constantly looking at your speedometer while driving, which is dangerous.

I remember once getting a ticket while driving through Hope city center on the way back from fishing, among a long line of cars and my sporty RX7 was stuck some where in the middle. When I just got on Route 1, an officer pulled up and gave me a ticket for speeding while driving through Hope. I was pretty sure I wasn't speeding and how was it he picked me out of the long line of slow moving cars driving through Hope city center? He had no scope of my speed. When I asked him where he scoped me, he said he was driving through the town on the opposite lane. How could he prove to the court that he could get an accurate reading this way and considering I was stuck among a few cars, it was incredible that he could pick me up as speeding and not others. It seemed to me a ticket given out based on the look of my flashy sporty car and perhaps he was looking for filling quota.

Anyway, the court day was in Hope, and I was a computer consultant. I don't need a computer to calculate the cost & benefit of disputing the ticket on its appointed weekday in Hope. The distance made it 'hopeless' and economically pointless to fight it. So I paid it. Should have checked into the possibility of requesting the court case to be relocated to Coquitlam or Vancouver instead. Can you make such a request?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 05:19:47 PM by Steelhawk »