Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: speeding ticket  (Read 22996 times)

poncho

Re: speeding ticket
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2009, 09:03:52 PM »

its before court you ask them they  dont have time to answer a long sheet of questions those failing a right to disclose doesnt matter even under the motor vehicle act it is a law over powering that act

trust me on this ive beat tickets in washington and bc

The cop can just ask the JP for an adjournment on the day of the hearing due to the timing of your request, and they will get it. Trust me. I do this for a living.  ;)

By the way I would NEVER work traffic enforcement. I hate giving tickets. 98 % of my stops are just warnings to average Joe citizen. But some people do need to receive tickets and I make sure those relative minority receive them.

golferturnedfisher

« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2009, 09:07:51 PM »

The cop can just ask the JP for an adjournment on the day of the hearing due to the timing of your request, and they will get it. Trust me. I do this for a living.  ;)

By the way I would NEVER work traffic enforcement. I hate giving tickets. 98 % of my stops are just warnings to average Joe citizen. But some people do need to receive tickets and I make sure those relative minority receive them.

that is true, i agree somepeople do need tickets and thanks for servicing your community u guys dont get thanks you deserve

poncho

« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2009, 09:28:01 PM »

that is true, i agree somepeople do need tickets and thanks for servicing your community u guys dont get thanks you deserve

Thanks for the positive comments. And to the guy who started this post, if you did get a ticket for 82 in an 80 zone. That is just ignorant on the part of the cop who wrote the ticket. However, people often tend to underestimate their speed when they are stopped for speeding. Also, I have never heard of someone getting a ticket for 2km over, not even in a school zone.

yakideath12

« Reply #63 on: October 30, 2009, 10:00:03 PM »

Thanks for the positive comments. And to the guy who started this post, if you did get a ticket for 82 in an 80 zone. That is just ignorant on the part of the cop who wrote the ticket. However, people often tend to underestimate their speed when they are stopped for speeding. Also, I have never heard of someone getting a ticket for 2km over, not even in a school zone.

would you go over speed limit when there is police car beside of you? ???

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #64 on: October 30, 2009, 10:02:50 PM »

I love reading all the posts giving advice how to beat a speeding ticket. Man up, take responsbility, and accept the consequences for your actions.

The guys talking about how to avoid a legit speeding ticket are probably the same guys who wax indignant about snagging pinks. Sure its OK to violate the Motor Vehicle Act (and avoid taking responsibility) but then I'll scream bloody murder on the internet about Fisheries Act violations.

« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 11:28:40 PM by clarki »

yakideath12

« Reply #65 on: October 30, 2009, 10:07:30 PM »

I love reading all the posts giving advice how to beat a speeding ticket. Man up, take responsbility, and accept the consequences for your actions.

The guys talking about how to avoid a legit speeding ticket are probably the same guys who wax indignant about snagging pinks. Sure its OK to violate the Motor Vehicle Act (and avoid taking responsibility) but then I'm scream bloody murder on the internet about Fisheries Act violations.

lol

poncho

« Reply #66 on: October 30, 2009, 10:40:53 PM »

would you go over speed limit when there is police car beside of you? ???

No

glx

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #67 on: October 30, 2009, 11:48:17 PM »

Very well said Clarki :)

patagonia

« Reply #68 on: October 30, 2009, 11:57:53 PM »

Doja... you really are not giving the correct advice here and Im not sure where you get your facts from but when you dont sign the ticket the officer simply serves you the ticket at the scene... if that means handing it back to you with your licence or droping it in your lap if you refuse to take it... no way they would get reprimanded for that... also it is always interesting when you only have one side of the story... the truth of the incident is usually a mixture of both accounts

glx

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #69 on: October 31, 2009, 12:45:37 AM »

Quote by Doja

"#1 going to court costs you money, and cops know that. You may just be better off paying it. It's cheaper for me to pay the ticket, unless it's over a few hundred dollars.

#2 they are NOT suppose to throw the ticket at you but mail it if you refuse to sign it. I'd write a letter and follow with a call to the watch commander about the incident and detail it very carefully so there are no mistakes about what happened. I believe throwing a piece of paper is an offense of assault of some sort and the officer may have some explaining to do as to how an unsigned paper appeared in you vehicle against your wishes. Hell that's littering your private property and very much illegal.

#3 never pass a cop, EVER. And stay as far away from them as you can, Kinda like jerks and a-holes, keep your distance to stay out of trouble."

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 12:48:40 AM by glx »

yakideath12

« Reply #70 on: October 31, 2009, 12:54:14 AM »

Judge's gonna decide who's wrong. I really wanna see the officer again

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: October 31, 2009, 05:54:26 AM »

Quote by Doja

"#1 going to court costs you money, and cops know that. You may just be better off paying it. It's cheaper for me to pay the ticket, unless it's over a few hundred dollars.

#2 they are NOT suppose to throw the ticket at you but mail it if you refuse to sign it. I'd write a letter and follow with a call to the watch commander about the incident and detail it very carefully so there are no mistakes about what happened. I believe throwing a piece of paper is an offense of assault of some sort and the officer may have some explaining to do as to how an unsigned paper appeared in you vehicle against your wishes. Hell that's littering your private property and very much illegal.

#3 never pass a cop, EVER. And stay as far away from them as you can, Kinda like jerks and a-holes, keep your distance to stay out of trouble."

??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

It is clearly not wise to take any advice from him....DUH :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

doja

« Reply #72 on: October 31, 2009, 09:13:14 AM »

Doja... you really are not giving the correct advice here and Im not sure where you get your facts from but when you dont sign the ticket the officer simply serves you the ticket at the scene... if that means handing it back to you with your licence or droping it in your lap if you refuse to take it... no way they would get reprimanded for that... also it is always interesting when you only have one side of the story... the truth of the incident is usually a mixture of both accounts

So can you explain why there is a spot on the ticket for the offender to sign even though you don't need too??? Kinda a waste of space if ya ask me.

I had 1 mailed to me so... can you explain that?

purple monster

« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2009, 05:15:47 PM »

Ouch, that's a lot of interest and comments over a speeding ticket.  Maybe you guys can help with this one.  For my younger boy.  He was signaled to slow down going south on the Granville bridge last Friday around 3:30pm. The office signaled him to slow down by moving his hands to wards the road.
My son, being his first pull over, gradually slowed down, until right beside the officer, looking at him for further instruction.  He was in the left lane, center.   The officer smashed his passenger mirror onto the road, made him go backward into the slot, and give him two tickets. one for speeding, the other one for failure to stop.   Both my son and I have been shocked ever since, wondering what is the best approach.  ICBC estimates over $300.00.  All paid for by my son deductible, of course. Any comments?  Is this normal procedure?  My son has been troubled ever since, any help??

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2009, 05:44:28 PM »

Was your son being told to pull over by the officer because he was speeding  ???. Officer may have overreacted, but also he may have done what he did to protect himself. If you think the officer was in the wrong, talk to a lawyer and see what alternatives may be available to you.