Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River Breakins !!  (Read 20895 times)

wallpin

Re: Vedder River Breakins !!
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2008, 04:59:01 PM »

Got broken into today around 1:45 pm. I was parked off No. 3 Rd. at the Vedder Canal bend. Did not take anything as I did not leave anything in the car.

Still, if you don't leave anything in the car it will still get smashed. Such a hassle.

I did see one fish snagged in the half hour I was in the river, nothing else.

:-[

James

« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2008, 06:36:30 PM »

next time i go up to the river , i will be leaving a big note in my window , " i can see you crack head!, touch my truck i shoot you in the head "

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2008, 08:13:43 PM »

Crack heads cant read.  ???
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2008, 08:49:48 PM »

Got broken into today around 1:45 pm. I was parked off No. 3 Rd. at the Vedder Canal bend. Did not take anything as I did not leave anything in the car.

Still, if you don't leave anything in the car it will still get smashed. Such a hassle.

I did see one fish snagged in the half hour I was in the river, nothing else.

:-[
Soory to here this. It getting so one will have to keep your vehicle in sight while fishing or take an armed guard with you and have them watch your vehicle while you fish.  :o It getting so bad here in the Valley there is security people nearly everywhere including in our library here in Chilliwack, terrible. I remember when you did not even have to lock your house doors.

chromesteelie

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2008, 11:58:31 PM »

Was fishing on Friday, saw two cars broken into but no one around.

lowside

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2008, 09:49:04 AM »

There is a huge drug problem in chilliwack, local store managers have been dealing with major theft for a few years now.

4x4

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2008, 04:58:41 PM »

Went out for a few hrs today and called a car into the Police. Another blonde female passenger that looked really messed up and a guy.

Older model brown Toyota Camry. I have the license plate number but probably shouldn't post it since they didn't break into anyone's vehicle. They were definitely checking out a number of cars at the gravel pit on the Chilliwack side above KW Bridge. I walked back to my vehicle got my equalizer phoned the police and then waited until I saw them get back on KW road before I hit the river. I hate fishing when I have the thought of someone breaking into my or someone elses vehicle in the back of my mind.

Also a older Toyota pick up truck was doing the slow drive checking out cars. Another blonde female passenger and guy driving. Pale blue truck with one brown fender. Like lowside said huge drug problem in the area. You can't miss these people their appearance and vehicle they drive (in most cases) give them away.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2008, 05:16:22 PM »

It is getting so bad I think I will start taking the Maple Leaf Bike Mobile to the river on my fishing trips. ::)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2008, 05:17:27 PM »

Really sad these days when you can't enjoy couple of hours in the outdoors without worrying about having your vehicle broken in. I was out on the river on Thursday when I heard a loud bang coming from where my and another vehicle was parked. I rush through the bushes and met an older gentleman dropping some garbage into the garbage container. The loud bang was his dropping the heavy lid. I scared the bejusus out of him.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2008, 11:36:03 AM »

Just a warning to all those out there that the theives are in action in the upper river

I went out with a friend for the afternoon yesterday at the Prison run... fished that area for about two hours and returned to find my truck had been broken into, not only did they break both the passenger and driver locks but they also smashed in my passenger side window, in the pissing rain I might add  >:( >:( the inside of my truck was covered in glass and totally soaked !! I was stupid in the fact that I left my pool cues in the truck as I was heading staight to a pool tournament after fishing, the A$$ Holes stole averyything in sight including my insurance papers, my leather jacket, my pool team jacket and shirt, my friend's I Touch I pod, his entire ring of keys, my pool cues which are custom made and worth over $1500 ... they even stole my dog leash, after they stole everything they broke my drink holder and my sunglass holder... the stealing I can almost deal with but the amount of damage to my truck was disgusting !!!
I know I can't do anything about it now but in the future I realize leaving valubles in the truck is stoopid!
hopefully this won't happpen to you.... setting up a bait truck or car is sounding more and more like a good idea, one day I will catch one of these theives in action... nuff said  >:(
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2008, 11:46:14 AM »

Wow thats shitty Rick. Sounds like they were in the truck for a while as well. I am surprised nobody passing by didnt see anything. Hopefully karma bites them in the butt. The crappy thing is insurance doesnt cover things that are loose in your vehicle ( maybe your home insurance? ). These guys need a pounding. Sooner or later they are going to get caught and when they do I hope the guys that catch them do what we all wish we could do to them.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

fishfinder

« Reply #41 on: October 07, 2008, 12:14:42 PM »

Yeah, it's stupid up river. A friend of mine got broken into in similar manner that you described and the thief took off with his work papers. He ended up losing job because of that.

I got broke into several years ago, but I didn't have anything taken. I think someone must have pulled in and scared off the thief because he/she left $5 in change that I kept in the ashtray on the passenger seat. I had a spare spinning rod/reel  in the trunk along with some work tools and luckily they were still there. I dodged a bullet that day. The passenger side lock was ruined with something sharp. No windows smashed. Still, the lock cost several hundred dollars to fix. These days I even carry my insurance papers when I fish away from my car and the only thing I leave behind is my running shoes in the trunk. It's the shits when you have to worry about a possible break in while you fish. Even if nothing is taken a smashed window or a broken lock will cost you several hundred bucks with your deductible. We know what you're going through and totally feel your rage.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2008, 12:56:16 PM »

TrophyHunter, that totally sucks man.  I've had my car broken into when I was younger, and hopefully you'll learn the same lesson I did (and from reading your post it sounds like you did:

DO NOT KEEP ANYTHING (VISIBLE) IN YOUR CAR.

Don't leave change in the ashtray, don't leave a jacket on the floor, don't leave a pop can in the drink holder.  Thieving druggy misfits will break into a car for 5 cents.  It won't GUARANTEE your car will be safe, but it sure helps.

Sorry to hear it - hopefully people will learn from your misfortune.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #43 on: October 07, 2008, 02:45:17 PM »

You think youve takin everything out of your car, but then your missing a stero, speakers, amps, and the change in your car seat. My buddy had this happen last year in surrey, chilliwack is getting just as bad.
The Bigger The Better!

wolverine

« Reply #44 on: October 07, 2008, 02:52:39 PM »

Wait until the local crack/meth heads figure out that they can get $40+ dollars for a catalytic converter. A battery powered Saws-all and they are in business.