Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2022 Fraser River Sockeye Salmon Updates  (Read 78695 times)

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
Re: 2022 Fraser River Sockeye Salmon Updates
« Reply #360 on: September 08, 2022, 12:53:38 PM »

Just so you don't confuse anyone with this statement, NO notice has been given on an opening starting tomorrow.

Yes last i heard it was not finalized so could change

stsfisher

« Reply #361 on: September 08, 2022, 12:59:29 PM »

Yes last i heard it was not finalized so could change

No disrespect, but there is nothing to change. Not one official opening has been announced, so as of current time today there is no opening to change.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #362 on: September 08, 2022, 01:14:28 PM »

No disrespect, but there is nothing to change. Not one official opening has been announced, so as of current time today there is no opening to change.

10/4, loud and clear, duly noted

mikeyman

« Reply #363 on: September 08, 2022, 02:38:15 PM »

https://bcwf.bc.ca/illegal-sockeye-sales-rampant-on-fraser-river/

For anyone who doubts my claims there is a good read from a reputable organization. 

I will repeat million to 2 million sockeye gone to Gill nets and majority sold in black market. Dfo get your thumbs out of your my friend and do something about it!

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #364 on: September 08, 2022, 03:10:34 PM »

For anyone who doubts my claims there is a good read from a reputable organization. 

I will repeat million to 2 million sockeye gone to Gill nets and majority sold in black market. Dfo get your thumbs out of your my friend and do something about it!

Where is the statement of one or two million fish caught?

mikeyman

« Reply #365 on: September 08, 2022, 04:18:56 PM »

There have been a million recorded. So how many do you think are taken that aren't recorded? I am willing to bet it is a much higher number. The camouflage boats covered faces fishing all hrs around the clock. Drift Gill nets. Load up the trucks and send to cold storage and ship all over rhe place. Don't kid yourself it has been going on for years.

coldfinger

• always thankful
« Reply #366 on: September 08, 2022, 04:20:44 PM »

“The BCWF is seeing reports of dumping involving thousands, possibly tens of thousands of fish.   I guess that really means Millions ?

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #367 on: September 08, 2022, 04:21:33 PM »

I will repeat million to 2 million sockeye gone to Gill nets and majority sold in black market. DFO get your thumbs out of your my friend and do something about it!

the article cites nothing to support the claim which here had been previously reported as "millions". There is nothing to support that the majority of the catch is sold on the black market Any review of reputable published data such as from reports of the PSC show the catch this year is not any higher than in previous years of the same cycle or any this or any year. even at the worst the claims of perhaps "tens of thousands" sold on the black market by the BCWF, for which they provide no concrete support, are no more than a fraction of a percent of the total FSC catch or at most a few %. This does not strike me as reputable information. If that amount of black market fish can't find a ready market then it suggests there is little public interest buying the product from questionable sources.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #368 on: September 08, 2022, 04:33:43 PM »

There have been a million recorded. So how many do you think are taken that aren't recorded? I am willing to bet it is a much higher number. The camouflage boats covered faces fishing all hrs around the clock. Drift Gill nets. Load up the trucks and send to cold storage and ship all over rhe place. Don't kid yourself it has been going on for years.

the current number for sockeye caught in the Fraser is about 400,00 of those over 100,000 have been caught above Sawmill creek. Of the 1.076 million total catch reported by the PSC, 319,000 have been caught in US waters by American fishermen and 293,000 have been caught by FN fisheries in the Marine approaches.

your claims are baloney.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 04:37:47 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

mikeyman

« Reply #369 on: September 08, 2022, 04:42:00 PM »

the current number for sockeye caught in the Fraser is about 400,00 of those over 100,000 have been caught above Sawmill creek. Of the 1.076 million total catch reported by the PSC, 319,000 have been caught in US waters by American fishermen and 293,000 have been caught by FN fisheries in the Marine approaches.

your claims are baloney.

Your numbers are from weeks ago.
10s of thousands are just the wasted dumped fish.
Again a few guys barking back that obviously have a vested interest in the fsc and illigal sockeye sales coming to the defense.

redside1

« Reply #370 on: September 08, 2022, 04:45:30 PM »

« Last Edit: September 08, 2022, 04:50:43 PM by redside1 »

RICHARD CRANIUM

« Reply #371 on: September 08, 2022, 04:51:24 PM »

Open tomorrow until the 18th.

Past Mission to Hope.

mcallagan

« Reply #372 on: September 08, 2022, 05:22:43 PM »

Both Tidal and non-tidal of Fraser River are open for Sockeye.
4 in tidal
2 in freshwater.
Regulation change should be out by tomorrow.
I got new regulations from DFO by email.

psd1179

• Old Timer

coldfinger

• always thankful
« Reply #374 on: September 08, 2022, 06:08:42 PM »

Your numbers are from weeks ago.
10s of thousands are just the wasted dumped fish.
Again a few guys barking back that obviously have a vested interest in the fsc and illigal sockeye sales coming to the defense.
Nonsense