Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: more vedder breakins!  (Read 11269 times)

marmot

• Old Timer
more vedder breakins!
« on: October 28, 2005, 09:39:12 AM »

Was fishing thursday around noon in lower vedder, came back at 2 to find car had been broken into.  Heres the thing...I left the glovebox open , changetray open, so people could see there was nothing in there...i had a cooler in the back, which i also left open.  The scum just rifled through everything and stole some homemade christmas cards that my sister in law made!!  WHY?  Thats about as low as scum can go if you ask me.  Another gent driving a white late model domestic was hit too, all the dirtbag took from him was change.  Now its gonna cost $300 to get the f****** door fixed.  I think if i see him next time i'll give him the equivalent in dental work.  Im 90% sure hes a blonde scruffy guy on a nice mountain bike.  I saw him last time casing cars out there too.

marmot

• Old Timer
Re: more vedder breakins!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 09:43:15 AM »

OH ya and the water clarity and level was PERFECT!  No fish though, i didnt stick around long enough :(

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 09:43:49 AM »

lower vedder - where were you parked? yarrow side? in parking lot?

Nostro

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 11:46:49 AM »

Wednesday morning, around 8, I was parking my truck in the Lickman lot. Red Dakota pick-up. with 3 guys, about 20 years old, hanging around, one eating a chocolate bar. No fishing gear. There were a couple of pairs of roller blades in the bed of the truck. They kept looking around, walking back and forth to the dyke. I asked them if they're fishing today. No. I made a point to walking behind their truck, note their licence # and then went back to my truck and picked up my cell phone. The Dakota went screeming out of the parking lot, almost running down a lady. Coincidence? or a prelude to a break-in? I don't know.
If you experienced a break-in on that day, anywhere on the Vedder, pm me because I have their licence #.
Never look a fish in the eye.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 12:04:19 PM »

marmot, yes please specify where you car was parked, so we can pass this information onto the RCMP who we work with for future reference. Nostro, did you pass that licence plate # to the RCMP too?

Sorry to hear about a good fishing day being spoiled.

Nostro

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 01:29:42 PM »

Rodney,
No I didn't. There was nothing to report except 3 guys hanging around the parking lot and eating a chocolate bar.
If you know of something more specifically crime related, please let me know and I will report.
The point being, from my perspective, is keep your eyes open out there. A fisherman in heat is easy to spot and track. Let's look out for each other and hopefully stifle some of these crimes.
Never look a fish in the eye.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 02:19:36 PM »

Suspicious activity... no crime required.

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 03:00:46 PM »

Same thing happend to my uncle linus... dont no the description of the guy tho
crab cakes

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 04:46:10 PM »

Two years ago - Oct 31, 2003, my car was broken into on the Yarrow side.  Yep - I know the feeling.  They took a backpack that had virtually nothing of value.  A couple of days later, I got an e-mail from a woman who found my bag in some bushes.  I guess I had a piece of paper with my e-mail address in the bag.  So that was nice.  And bye the way - I did file a police report with the Chilliwack RCMP.

James

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 05:24:27 PM »

Put a sign on your window(s) reading " I can see you A**hole " - we do this at work , but we just put a sign on certain doors sayin " you are being recorded on video survalince " . Just the thouhgt that they may be being watched is SOmetimes enough .

fullahead

« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 05:25:25 PM »

Last year I was fishing the upper vedder. I came back to the truck to find the door lock torn out. This year I’m driving a new truck.  I am reluctant to leave it while fishing.  Are we going to stop fishing because of the scumbags that are going to break in to our trucks? I understand your frustration Marmot! >:( >:(

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 05:27:15 PM »

I see some people leave their deutch hound in their car. :D

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 05:53:28 PM »

I heard from fishing friends that they are avoiding fishing in Chilliwack and just stay safe with other rivers.  Not worth risking $300 detuctable per incident to fish there any more.  By the way, coho fishing is dirt this year, so why bother with the Vedder.  :-[

mark

« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 06:00:55 PM »

Man if I ever see anyone breaking into my vehicle all I can say is my laser sharps will go right through their two OMEEGOS. >:(

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 06:31:12 PM »

Wow, hearing about all these breakins is really sad. And the other thing that is disturbing is that they are happening during broad daylight. I can't blame people if they are now going to take their fishing business elsewhere. I know the police in
Chilliwack are stretched thin but you  would think patrols could be increased in the areas along the river.  Contrast this to when I used to do quite a bit of fishing in the Calgary  on  the Bow River. And because you could fish well into the evening  some nights it would be like 10:30 pm when I would get back to my vehicle. Not once was my vehicle ever broken into, and never heard of any of my fishing buddiies vehicles being broken into either. The only major difference I can think of is that in some areas of Calgary the police patrols are more vigilant, and also some areas of the Bow River are  patrolled by Park Rangers.