Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best waders?  (Read 9277 times)

marmot

• Old Timer
Best waders?
« on: October 14, 2005, 12:02:18 PM »

Im looking to get a pontoon boat and some breathable waders.....I'm pretty much decided on getting a Scadden snohomish sunrise boat, but the waders, i dont have enough info on....any info you guys can share? Im also thinking of using them for actual wading too :D

thanks

marmot

• Old Timer
Re: Best waders?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 12:29:10 PM »

jeez thanks  :-*

Gillie

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2005, 12:51:39 PM »

Guess it depends how deep your pockets are, I own Simms light weigts been beating on them for over 2 years. I know the Guide weights are alot more durable but they also cost a couple hundred dollars more. They also have what is called a G3 which is discontinued probably get good deal on them.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 01:23:03 PM »

word on the street is that bare has made some huge improvements in quality to their breathable waders (Blackwater). 

They are half the price ($339 at berrys) compared to the sims I belive although there are some quality no name brands around $200.

I am looking at getting a pair too.  Things to ensure: actuauted knee , no seem in the inseem helps reduce wear and tear, make sure the crotch is high enuff so seem arent pulled whem you take a big step, reenforced knee and bum are good features too...these points may not be as important if you are in a pontoon and not walking as much as a bank fisherman.

sliverbullet

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2005, 02:07:49 PM »

i have the bare sport neoprene waders they keeep you dry but your legs are soaked from sweat when you take them out

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2005, 03:06:29 PM »

Neopreme is definitely good for cold days, sprintime fly fishing in lakes it keeps you warm.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2005, 03:12:52 PM »

I kik my toon wet from june till Sept....when the sufrace temps drop below 65 degrees...then the water is cool enuff to keep you from sweatin' too much in neos.....mind you...as I said....I kik my toon...no 'oars for this fisher so my legs are always in the water,...;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2005, 03:16:06 PM »

Without oars would you not be loosing much of the advantage provided by having a pontoon over a doughnut?
Actions speak louder than words.

sliverbullet

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2005, 04:42:04 PM »

dounuts rule!  ;D

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005, 05:56:14 PM »

What, I would prefer Krispy Kreme ;D

Stone

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2005, 06:48:59 PM »

They also have what is called a G3 which is discontinued probably get good deal on them.

Uuh...since when were the G3's discontinued?  I just picked mine up and love them.  My previous waders were Simms Guide Weights and those lasted me over 4 years of hard use.

The G3s are NOT discontinued as far as I know...they just came out a little while ago, for crying out loud.  ;)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2005, 11:50:12 PM by Stone »

Gillie

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2005, 01:39:03 AM »

They also have what is called a G3 which is discontinued probably get good deal on them.

Uuh...since when were the G3's discontinued?  I just picked mine up and love them.  My previous waders were Simms Guide Weights and those lasted me over 4 years of hard use.

The G3s are NOT discontinued as far as I know...they just came out a little while ago, for crying out loud.  ;)

Yes, your right, sorry was half asleep when I replyed. It is the G3 that took the guide weights place :) However they still offer the guide weights. Just at a lower price.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2005, 02:00:19 AM by Gillie »

sliverbullet

« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2005, 11:26:50 AM »

if it werent for timmy ho's the world would suffer  :P

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2005, 11:32:14 AM »

Aren't you a little young to be drinking coffee?
Actions speak louder than words.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2005, 09:15:31 PM »

Without oars would you not be loosing much of the advantage provided by having a pontoon over a doughnut?

actually...without oars...I can keep my speed down to that of a tuber....which in my thoughts is about the best speed to troll....as for long distance moves....I'll troll wolly buggerz to where I wanna fish.....then adapt my stragety....so no...a lack of oars doesn't really impede me....but its true...I can't move as fast with fins...is a compromise I kin live with.....;))))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley