Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Best waders?  (Read 9273 times)

James

Re: Best waders?
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2005, 10:35:52 PM »

I just bought a pair of Waist high Sedge Breathables , from Freds , good price , seems like a good wader , fits me good ( 6'3") . just my .02 on waders .

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2005, 11:59:16 AM »

Mojo, why not just troll with your fins but keep your oars handy so if you do need to move quickly you can?
Actions speak louder than words.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2005, 12:52:58 PM »

Thanks for all the input guys!  I have neoprenes already so i know for sure i dont want another pair....i sweat like a pig in them and they are uncomfortable...I think im gonna go with the simms G3s.....checked a pair out and they are nice!  Must buy online...local shops too much..

Stone

« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2005, 03:49:15 PM »

Thanks for all the input guys!  I have neoprenes already so i know for sure i dont want another pair....i sweat like a pig in them and they are uncomfortable...I think im gonna go with the simms G3s.....checked a pair out and they are nice!  Must buy online...local shops too much..

You're going to love those G3's.  I haven't touched a pair of neoprene waders since going to breathables a long time ago.  With the proper layering technique, you can stay warm on the coldest winter days, and cool in the warmest summer heat.  One thing though, no matter how well you take care of breathables, don't expect that they will stay bullet-proof leak-free forever.  Eventually, all breathables will develop a leak, no matter how expensive...but the good ones should get you at least 5 good hard seasons with no issues, more if you don't fish as much.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2005, 04:13:54 PM »

ya ...some warranty split seams though, apparently for life....my dad just sent his back for a new set...different company though, its the company sage bought (i forget the name).  Nothing lasts forever though, im prepared for that.