Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Oct 8th...short floating roe sacks  (Read 7994 times)

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
Re: Oct 8th...short floating roe sacks
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2005, 04:06:32 PM »

i agree
crab cakes

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2005, 01:49:33 AM »

Hi FFM

If a fish limit is not listed or a water body is not listed in the reg book. The general quota or regulation applies.

Bone Cross

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2005, 11:22:36 PM »

You are a god damn hero Gooey. You have killed 1 of the 9 summer runs that have entered that river. I know the exact rock you were standing on. I know where your drennan is lodged in the rapids at the top end of the pool. You must feel like the greatest fisherman right now eh? So much for the Summer run Steelhead in this river. I ask you people PLEASE do not keep a summer run steelhead as they are becoming more and more rare. Go for the experience not the meat. If you want meat go and snag the fraser. What a Joke!
from a Redneck point of View!

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2005, 11:31:51 PM »

hey man. it was his choice. dont have to be so hard on him. I'm sure steelhead will survive with out one fish.

Bone Cross

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2005, 04:10:26 PM »

Your just a "Youngin" so what do you know. His choice to keep this fish was a bad one if he is an experienced angler like he says he is. The Steelhead may survive in the river but not the Summer Run Steelhead. The government is stupid for leaving this river open for retention of the Summer Run Steelhead. This river barely has enough winters that come back.
from a Redneck point of View!

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2005, 04:14:03 PM »

man dont give the guy a hard time that was a nice fish and if i woulda  caught it i would have probally bonked her too. as would most of the fishermen. Wayt to go gooey ;D IM JELOUS

FISHYtheGREAT

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2005, 04:15:37 PM »

Youngin, one steelhead out of there WILL make an impact.Nuff said.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2005, 04:38:38 PM »

I was actually surprised Gooey did not reply to these rude remarks this morning, obviously he, as I would have, felt that there wasn't a need to explain further the reason behind the retention of a hatchery steelhead.

Kind of ironic for a 17 year old to question what a 15 year old would know, especially when the 17 year old lacks the respectful approach to express his views? Some pointers, when you have something to say, the message can be more effectively delivered by using some good manners.

I challenge you to read the exact same posting to Gooey when you two have the chance to meet in person. ;)

No? It wouldn't work? Why not? Because you understand that during a face to face interaction, rude remarks such as the ones you have posted will generate some unwelcoming responses? If that's the case, how is it different in a discussion forum? Because of the fact that you are behind a monitor and untouchable?

Practice those manners that your parents have preached on you, unless you were never taught. In that case, you know it now, respect other members of the forum.

Now, back to the steelhead retention issue. Simple, it's a hatchery steelhead, Gooey has every right to keep it as a licenced angler, and it is not your decision whether that choice was a good or not. The objective behind the production of hatchery steelhead is to enhance a harvest stock for licenced anglers, but I'm sure you already knew that.

FISHYtheGREAT

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2005, 04:42:11 PM »

No problem telling him face too face at all, gotta stand up for whats right.Size isnt everything you know Rod.Only thing its good for is intimidating,Which doesnt happen too easy.And as for Bonecross knowing more than Youngin, just read there past posts, it explains right there! youngin doesnt know too much(no offence) and by saying one steelhead wont make a diference, that shows right there he doesnt know what hes talking about.Because in systems such as this, each fish DOES make a diference....What a hero..

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2005, 04:44:13 PM »

Last time I checked none of you guys are biologists. But maybe I'm wrong, is it possible we have Doogie Howser in our midst.
Actions speak louder than words.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2005, 04:52:43 PM »

What a hero..

Four minutes after my posting, are you even putting thoughts into the words that you are reading and typing?

This is exactly what I am talking about, please enlighten us your purpose of ending your point of view with a comment such as... "what a hero".

I assure you, by taking that comment out, people would actually paying attention to what you are trying to preach, despite of your age.

Standing up for what's right can be done in many ways. Size is not the issue here, it's about treating people with respect. You're telling me, you would not feel embarrassed by saying what you have been typing in a person's face because you know what is right? If that's the attitude you choose to have, I can guarantee that you will not make a difference in this society for the rest of your life.

Not questioning your fishing skills, in fact half of the kids probably fish better than me in this forum. But truly disappointing to see a couple of bright kids who once possess such positive attitudes to degrade themselves after being influenced by a few narrow minded individuals. You've been given a second chance to participate in this forum, make good use of it. Pass on what you have learned to those who are still learning, instead of belittling them. Remember, you were once there.

meca_357

« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2005, 04:52:54 PM »

FISHYthe"Great" the only person here trying to be a hero is you.. a) by imposing all these bad remarks on ppl b) by saying you got the cojo*es to say anything to someones face c) id love to see you approach someone with the anger and imature remarks you demonstrate right after someone catches a fish like that in your face... youd make a better point saying it in a mature and controlled manner than going nuts at someone.. not only would you make the person feel bad but youd prolly be admired for it... unlike ur seen upon by others right now due to your comment.

FISHYtheGREAT

« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2005, 05:01:48 PM »

Do I care if iam admired? Nope! somtimes you havto blast the words into somones head for them to understand is all.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2005, 05:06:49 PM »

Admiration is not what I had in mind, mutual respect was. ::) Obviously you have made up your mind already, so I shall save my effort. :)

I think the replies from others so far are fairly consistent to the expected reactions that I hinted in my previous post.

meca_357

« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2005, 05:13:43 PM »

yeah thats the word.. .couldnt think of it lol