Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sure hope you're not a member of fwr  (Read 11817 times)

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
sure hope you're not a member of fwr
« on: September 10, 2005, 08:37:25 PM »

i went to peg leg for the first time to try out my luck. it was very busy but overall, i found it to be a pleasant experience...except for one incident. >:(

these two morons ended up fishing to my left. everything at first seemed fine, until i noticed that they were using barbed hooks, that looked like they did a half my friend job pinching.

i was going to mention it to them, but before i could get the chance, the shorter of the two hooked on to a pink.  after landing it, the guy proceeded to hold the fish by its gills... turned to his buddy and asked him if he wanted it. the fish was bleeding and looked like it was a goner.

anyway, his buddy said no and rather than just keeping it, the idiot decided to return the half dead fish by way of his 'foot'. well needless to say,  that was the last straw for me. >:(

in not so many words  ::),  i told the both of them what they were doing was a disgrace. the bigger of the two asked me if i was DFO and then told me to mind my own business. he couldn't believe that i got so upset over "One f**king fish". afterwards, he continued to fish and was trying to taunt me. he even went as far, as to hook onto another fish....and released it in a brutal manner, followed by the remark "Oh no i think, i just killed the poor f**king fish"...........

i had no phone (to call DFO), and i didn't know what vehicle they had arrived in. i was PISSED!

i didn't give a $hit anymore and proceeded to my bag, where my sheath was ....put it on and got ready to confront the guy.....very stupid, i know.... but as far as i was concerned, it was two against one. then i remembered, FishFreak and FishinAddict were with me along with a newbie from Malaysia.

cooler heads had to prevail and lucky for everone involved ...'Tweedle Dee and Tweedle F**k' decided to leave.

i know i probably opened myself up for lecture and criticism. that's OK.

but if you A$$holes happen to read this....i'll be looking forward to our next meeting. ;)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re: sure hope you're not a member of fwr
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2005, 08:48:02 PM »

Wise choice regarding escalating the confrontation.  It's probably not worth being charged with "assault with a weapon"  over one of 50 million fish.  It's too bad that these knobs had to make yet another fish suffer to taunt you :( 

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2005, 09:13:16 PM »

I hope they rot in hell and the FishGod come and pluck their gills off them and kick them into burning purgatory!@##@#@#

Being uneducated I doubt it very much that they will be on the internet surfing...........

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2005, 09:23:10 PM »

Glad cooler heads prevail. What goes around comes around.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2005, 09:44:42 PM »

You do need a lecture. If you need to fight with a knife you are a coward. This may seem like a weird movie to quote but its true. From the movie "Friday" where the father was telling Ice Cube who was holding a gun ready to shoot Debo. He brings up his fists and said " You fight with these and you live to fight another day. " Its so true and is self explanitory. If you had to fight with your fists and lost atleast you would be more of a man that if you had stabbed them and end up in jail.

I have been in many fights in my day and have not won them all but if I lost than I lost but I still had my pride.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2005, 09:46:10 PM »

;D you made a wise choice and remember their karma will get em when they least expect it ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2005, 10:11:37 PM »

If you had to fight with your fists and lost atleast you would be more of a man that if you had stabbed them and end up in jail.

:o

Suddenly I am unsure what moon I am standing on...

blaydRnr, such a disappointing sight when we do our best to spread the information that may improve the fishery. :'( Education can only work to a certain point, what happened today shows how badly enforcement is needed.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2005, 10:16:11 PM »

You do need a lecture. If you need to fight with a knife you are a coward. This may seem like a weird movie to quote but its true. From the movie "Friday" where the father was telling Ice Cube who was holding a gun ready to shoot Debo. He brings up his fists and said " You fight with these and you live to fight another day. " Its so true and is self explanitory. If you had to fight with your fists and lost atleast you would be more of a man that if you had stabbed them and end up in jail.

I have been in many fights in my day and have not won them all but if I lost than I lost but I still had my pride.

i've been in alot of fights myself and i have scars and teeth missing to prove it. i'm not saying what i did was right, but to assess that i'm a coward is unfounded considering the circumstance i was in. also cowards don't stand up for what's right when they're outnumbered and out weighed by 150 lbs.

i take accountablity for my misjudgement (which by the way, made way for rationality). at least i know i can stand up for what's right, outside a computer monitor.... the question is, can you?!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 10:18:11 PM by blaydRnr »

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2005, 10:22:23 PM »

Every day something new on this forums whats next we are gona kill each other over fishing?
[

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2005, 10:32:32 PM »

Blayd, I sure wish I would have been there for back up.  That kind of thing really burns me up.
Fish on!

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2005, 10:35:31 PM »

Don't get mad, get even!!!!! lol.

I remember having a jealous group of guides contaminate my bait box one evening after I had prepared my bait boxes---since I outfished em badly...unfortunately for my guests the next morning, I found out that my bait had been tampered with, and we didn't get anything for the first 2 hours, and I woke up to the ruse.

I got some bait from the "candy boat" and then proceeded to catch fish, and promptly hooked into a double of 52 and 38 lb Springs which were both measured and released in the company of THE SAME IDIOTS who contaminated my bait boxes... ;D

But even better was that evening when I had heard that they had fooled with my bait again...so I got up an extra half an hour early at 4 am to take a shower and check out the bait boxes...LOL!  8). Indeed, I could tell that someone had tampered with my boxes... >:( and I promptly swapped the bait out with 3 other boats bait boxes--the same twits who were behind the ruses...lol! :)  , and promptly put some freezer fresh bait on brine in time for my guests who wanted to go out extra early at my urging... ::)

At that point I promptly went through their boats "misplacing an item or two"... :) HEHEHEHE>>>like a bonker..a gaff....or just plain old having fun and unstringing a rod or 2...lol! :)

Hit em with their own medicine guys...wait to see what car/truck they are driving, and give em four flat tires! :)  ::)  People like this need some serious lesson teaching because the law does DIDDLEY when no one is there to deal with the situation. Avoid face to face confrontation.

I remember one particular group that had booked half the lodge and a fellow guide who I believed was my friend cheated on a derby for a pool of $1000 USD to the guide who guided the largest fish. I remember having a 44.5 lb Spring dead and bonked and weighed on the scale and seeing the "offender" catch and release a 37 lber and then proceed to fudge fish measurements to claim the $1000 US. He and I nearly came to blows, and in the end it wouldn't have been worth it to punch his lights out and get fired, it cost us the friendship. If I could go back, I wouldn't even get angry, I'd simply just make sure that he paid for the $1000 one way or another, and I suggest that you do the same..don't get mad...get even--just don't get caught!

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

chump

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2005, 10:42:19 PM »

what the hell do you thinks going to happpen at that bar,  Peg Leg is a newbie bar that is internet loaded up,   you wouldnt catch me at a bar that popular, what do you expect?  honestly,  as far as the Barbed hook   let dfo handle that,  its not your call,   by the time anyone showed up they would stand out like sore thumbs and the guys could of pinched easily by then,  also if they got there 2 sox and split then they would be just like all the rest of the people out there   catching their meat and spliting, i can guarantee those chumps will be on the vedder hooking only chum and pinks this year,   no real threat to the resource

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2005, 10:42:37 PM »

over 50 people on that beach and the guys happen to end up beside me. all i wanted to do was fish. so the next time, do i turn a blind eye? its always easier in hind sight when you're tucked away in the comfort of your home to point out bad deeds, yet have the courage to speak your mind when you don't have the obligation of confronting the person which you have grievances with.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2005, 10:47:56 PM »

Blayd, I sure wish I would have been there for back up.  That kind of thing really burns me up.

thanx, that means alot....i'm actually glad you weren't because my conscience wouldn't been able to handle it. :-\

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005, 11:06:30 PM »

what the hell do you thinks going to happpen at that bar,  Peg Leg is a newbie bar that is internet loaded up,   you wouldnt catch me at a bar that popular, what do you expect?  honestly,  as far as the Barbed hook   let dfo handle that,  its not your call,   by the time anyone showed up they would stand out like sore thumbs and the guys could of pinched easily by then,  also if they got there 2 sox and split then they would be just like all the rest of the people out there   catching their meat and spliting, i can guarantee those chumps will be on the vedder hooking only chum and pinks this year,   no real threat to the resource

i don't condone violence and i don't believe in being a hero. BUT i'm a firm believer in KARMA.

...if you fail to see misdeeds being carried out by others.....others will fail to see misdeeds being done unto you.