Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sure hope you're not a member of fwr  (Read 11813 times)

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: sure hope you're not a member of fwr
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005, 12:17:53 AM »

you should carry a spare reel with fireline on it. See cupcakes like that. Cast out over there line with like a 4oz betty and no hook and just try and cut there line lol.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2005, 07:32:46 AM »

You do need a lecture. If you need to fight with a knife you are a coward. This may seem like a weird movie to quote but its true. From the movie "Friday" where the father was telling Ice Cube who was holding a gun ready to shoot Debo. He brings up his fists and said " You fight with these and you live to fight another day. " Its so true and is self explanitory. If you had to fight with your fists and lost atleast you would be more of a man that if you had stabbed them and end up in jail.

I have been in many fights in my day and have not won them all but if I lost than I lost but I still had my pride.

i've been in alot of fights myself and i have scars and teeth missing to prove it. i'm not saying what i did was right, but to assess that i'm a coward is unfounded considering the circumstance i was in. also cowards don't stand up for what's right when they're outnumbered and out weighed by 150 lbs.

i take accountablity for my misjudgement (which by the way, made way for rationality). at least i know i can stand up for what's right, outside a computer monitor.... the question is, can you?!

Their are pictures of me everywhere, on this forum,on fishbc etc. I am a big guy and stand up to anyone anytime. People on these forums always talk big like they are 6'4 240lbs but most are 5'7 175lbs. I am 6'3 225lbs and I have met a ton of people from fishbc and screaming reels so they all know its true. You questioning me is quite funny actually.

You want to talk about being outnumbered well here's a story from my past. When I was 16 years old my friend and I were walking to a bus stop as we were leaving Playland. A group of kids were following us about 10-14 of them. We kept walking but they kept getting closer. We started getting suspicious and all of a sudden they ran up on us. They started pushing us and tried taking my hat and jacket. I punched one of them in the nose and all of a sudden they started ganging up on us. I would not give up and threw punches left and right. My friend was doing the same. After about 10mins goes by a group of Playland employees were comming and the thugs ran off. I ended up with a busted lip and a blackeye BUT I know I broke a nose and hurt them just as bad if not worse.

My point is dont use weapons. I believe weapons are a cowards way out.You trying to call me out because of my opinion just shows your character.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2005, 08:24:36 AM »

eddie get out of your bubble, your starting to sound like a hero now ::), this isnt about who is stronger or who is bigger, i did 3 years in the canadian military learnt a whole lot of weird **** but to this day if i had a knife on me and i was badly out numbered i would probably use a knife also , self defence. i was fishing the meet hole last year and some polish guy and myself got into it pretty bad arguing and before you know it the guy had his hand around my throught squeezing the hell out of it, i pulled out my knife and suck it in his face i didnt hit him with it be he let go of me in a hurry anyway this is about fishing etiquette and thats why there is a RECORD,OBERSVE,REPORT DFO number so that we can call because we do have a right to say something if someone is doing something illegaly. who care if you can take on 5 guys or 30 guys at one time, and you explain your example from a movie, is that the only thing that stuck in your mind whas that little phrase , or did you learn how to use drugs from that also , every situation is different

My point is dont use weapons. I believe weapons are a cowards way out.You trying to call me out because of my opinion just shows your character.

Next time you see a COP useing a taser gun,pepperspray,billy club,gun on one person when there is like 3 other cops there i hope you get out of your vehicle and go up to them and tell them there cowards

Your telling me not to be a hero yet you put in a story of your own...hmmm

As far as that movie goes your analagy of me learning to use drugs and such is another example of people being ridiculous. If the person pulls a knife on you the best thing to do is get out of the situation, as I wouldnt face anyone with a weapon nor would I use one. Using Police as an example is also ridiculous as I am not a cop and not paid to be one. Those examples are far fetched and not close to what I was reffering to.

This topic is going to get locked if people keep this up. If anyone else has a problem with what I think than send me an e-mail or PM. We dont need to air this out on the forum.

Have a nice day

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2005, 09:50:47 AM »

My suggestion to you all is to leave the talk of any form of violence out right now and return to the issue stated in the topic! If it continues the way it has, it will be locked or deleted very soon.

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2005, 10:28:52 AM »

I think this got out of hand a bit. Lets cool it a bit.. its only fishing. Suppose to be a relaxing sports not WWF!!!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2005, 11:12:53 AM »

I think this got out of hand a bit. Lets cool it a bit.. its only fishing. Suppose to be a relaxing sports not WWF!!!

World Wildlife Foundation?? You mean WWE LOL  ;)

Belong to the "4 F Club"

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2005, 11:34:51 AM »

all rite fellas what's with all the violence if you didn't do anything at the time it happened then maybe give it up instead of saying your going to do what ever it is that your gonna do. I'd say call the police or dfo fighting is not the answer especially with knifes,remember why your out there to
RELAX and take it easy  ;) tight lines to you all

CTY77

« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2005, 01:27:50 PM »

WELL WELL WELL!!! Somehow I knew that I would see a posting on here about this incident.

Hey blaydRnr, I wasn't before but I am now!!! ;D

First of all I may be a newbie to this forum, but I am by no means a newbie fisherman. I have been fishing for many years, Peg is not the only place I fish but as everyone knows it is a good snag free place to fish.  ;) By the way I am educated and I do know how to use a computer!!!

blaydRnr has blown this incident way out of proportion whether you believe me or not.

I was out a Peg with my dad yesterday to catch some pinks and go for a spring. I introduced my dad to fishing about 4 years ago and since then he has out fished me often.  ::) WE WERE USING GAMAKATSU HOOKS WITH THE BARBS COMPLETELY REMOVED. AS EVERYONE KNOWS, GAMAKATSU HOOKS HAVE A SMALL BARB THAT BREAKS OFF COMPLETELY WHEN PINCHED WITH PLIERS. I admit that it may have looked looked like we were using barbed hooks because we were snagging many humpies by the hump but then again so was everyone else. Everything was going good and we were doing well until one guy to the right of me (blaydRnr's buddy) told me to watch where I was casting because he had a pink on that was already in close, only about 20 feet out to the left of me. I assumed he was talking to me, but I let it go. We kept fishing. Then my dad pulled a pink in cleanly, made a mistake by picking it up by the gill, asking me if he should keep it, and then putting it back in the water. HE DID NOT KICK IT IN, IT WAS NOT BLEEDING, AND IT SWAM AWAY STRONGLY. I admit that he did make a mistake by picking it up by the gill but this was the first and only time he has ever done that. He also knew that he had made a mistake. Then this guy to the right of me started getting upset and mouthing off to my dad. I admit I did make some harsh comments to  him but only because he was mouthing off to my dad. Wouldn't you do the same for your dad??? I DID NOT CATCH AND RELEASE ANY OTHER FISH IN A BRUTAL MANNER!!!  >:( A couple hours later we decided to leave, only because we had our limit of clean pinks no because we were scared of this clown!! ::) As for blaydRnr, I did not see a knife, nor was I confronted to fight!!! This guy is all talk!!! >:(

After reading this posting I could not just sit back and let everyone bad mouth my dad and I. Everyone can believe what they want but blaydRnr and I know the real truth!!!

As for you blaydRnr, I am sorry if you were offended by this one bad mistake but please do not judge my dad and I because of this one incident. You can call us a couple of A$$holes if you want but after posing this you're no better than us either!!!

I am also looking forward to our next meeting, and if you think I am afraid of you, we'll see about that!!! ;D

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2005, 01:41:53 PM »

Good on you for coming on here and telling your side of the story. Your story certainly sounds a little more clearer than blaydrnr's.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2005, 01:57:07 PM »

Sadly I'm seeing more and more of these incidents on our rivers today.  Its like road rage except on the river.  I am not sure why this is happening, we fish to relax and have fun, why the anger and the lack of respect for one another?  If I happen to pick up someone's hook with a barb on it, I politely tell him (or her) that they forgot to pinch the barb.  If someone drags a fish up the bank to release it, I'll tell him that they should release it in the water and that DFO will give you a hefty fine if they see you doing it.  I do not try and embarass that person.  We've all make mistakes. at one time or another.  If that person tells you off or doesn't give a crap, what are you going to do about it? Get into a fight for a barbed hook?  Its getting to the point where you can't walk past a meathole (to get to your run far downstream) without some bank maggot scowling or yelling at you in fear that you may squezze in beside him.  CTY77, I fish with gammies alot as well and I understand the same problem you mentioned.  I've asked a DFO officer and they seem to be ok with the little stub thats left over (at least the DFO guys that I talked to).  I usually try and pinch it down harder with my pliers to flatten that stub a bit.  Never had a problem removing the hook out of a fish.

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2005, 02:04:37 PM »

My apologies too as I listened to one side of the story. Next time, I know better before judging too quickly!!!

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2005, 05:09:18 PM »

great CTY77 i'm actually glad you're on line because now we can both get our grievances out in the open.
first of all, i didn't know the guy you were with, was your dad. for that i apologise.

you say you've been fishing for many years and your dad for four. if that's the case, how can you not know that picking up a fish by its gills, is like giving it a death sentence. another thing  is you say it was an accident, yet you were less than gracious about it.  comments like "big deal one f**kin' fish" and "any fish, once you've landed it is going to die anyway".

remember saying that?  and do you deny the taunting that followed? like when you caught your next fish and said "oh i'm keeping the fish out of the water too long....oh no it's gonna die...ohhh $hit"
you think i couldn't hear you when you kept going on about how big a jerk and a$$hole i was?

i too would stick up for my dad without question...but who are you kidding? i only reacted after your dad TOSSED THE FISH ON THE BEACH...THEN PROCEEDED TO USE HIS FOOT TO GET IT BACK IN THE WATER...i'm not the one trying to sugar coat the incident.

i told your dad..."if you're not going to keep the fish, don't hold it by its gills....you might as well bonk it over the head" that's all i said!  then you started mouthing off about how i was over reacting over one fish and you sarcastically asked me if i was DFO. i even said..."NO I'M NOT DFO.. AND YA IT IS A BIG DEAL BECAUSE YOU'RE BREAKING THE LAW".....and yes the fish was bleeding. what did you expect after hanging by its gills?

you didn't see a knife, because i didn't confront you! try reading my post again before you call me a clown.

also, the point of the barb (on your dad's hook) was still in tact, so don't tell me that it was just a nub because it was a gamakatsu...

you wanting to tell your side of the story is great, but don't contradict yourself. you made it sound like i was picking on you and your dad. you're forgetting my buddy and i were fishing long before you even arrived.  your dad was even short casting over my line and i never said anything or reacted in any negative fashion. it was only after the fish incident that things got heated.

here's your chance to tell the members of this website, that everything i quoted you on was FABRICATED. and if so, here's your chance to correct and quote me.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2005, 05:13:01 PM »

Good on you for coming on here and telling your side of the story. Your story certainly sounds a little more clearer than blaydrnr's.

ya eddie. i suppose there was no bias in your assessment. good to see you've come to a solid conclusion.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2005, 05:35:45 PM »

ya eddie. i suppose there was no bias in your assessment. good to see you've come to a solid conclusion.

When you run your mouth as much as you do what do you expect.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2005, 05:38:12 PM »

When you run your mouth as much as you do what do you expect.

run my mouth? you obviously haven't been reading my posts. also this is a forum. where things are discussed and debated. i reported an incident that i regretted.

you on the other hand was the one who started talking like a hero. talking how you took on a gang of thugs, etc. its great you're 6'3 225 lbs. i'm not.  READ MY POST.  I HAD A GRIEVANCE. I REACTED THE WRONG WAY AND I TOOK ACCOUNTABILITY FOR MY ACTIONS... I EXPLAINED MY POINT OF VIEW take it or leave it, but don't talk down to me because you're no better.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005, 05:50:55 PM by blaydRnr »