Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hope Fraser Report  (Read 4863 times)

SockeyeJunkie

• Where's the steelhead sherpa?
Hope Fraser Report
« on: July 05, 2005, 07:43:09 PM »

Fished the Landstrom bar in Hope today. Water is still quite high and no fish landed or hooked to report. However, there were signs of recent kills on the rocks (gills and blood). Talked to a few guys who fish the spot a lot and there have been a handful of chinook taken there the past 5 days.

allwaysfishin

Re: Hope Fraser Report
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2005, 09:00:34 PM »

i hope you are talking about scale bar.
the rock point at landstrom is CLOSED to fishing.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2005, 09:33:09 PM »

I hope you guys were bar fishing. Everyone around here nows that I'll be up there come august but for the time being I feel its best that we respect DFO's request and try to fish selcetivly.
Actions speak louder than words.

allwaysfishin

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 11:45:18 PM »

i agree

rerigger

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2005, 05:14:14 AM »

gee i believe that most people bb at the scale bar
but i'm sure these guys were all barfishing

camp hope saturday
three bb ers  one fish caught 15LB red spring
no sox seen or taken  ;D ;D

Adacas

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2005, 09:58:11 AM »

Fished the Landstrom bar in Hope today..

Wow. Fishing illegally in a closed location. You might want to have a look at the regs.

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/Freshwater/region2_e.htm
« Last Edit: July 06, 2005, 10:09:47 AM by Adacas »

SockeyeJunkie

• Where's the steelhead sherpa?
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2005, 10:58:25 AM »

We were on Croft Island upstream of the closed section at the end of Landstrom road. I guess I got the name of the bar wrong. Is it called the Scale Bar????

It would be pretty hard to fish the closed section (which I now know is called Landstrom bar) as there are closure signs in the parking lot just after the Hope bridge as well as the path down to Croft Island (?scale bar).

We were bar fishing although there were a few guys who came and went throughout the day that were bottom bouncing.

When we left we ntoiced what we thought were nets in the river so we walked the river bank down Croft Island to Landstrom point and then up Landstrom Road back to the parking lot. On our walk, we counted 5 nets in the water using logs as booms that were tied up with yellow rope into the woods.

I was told that there is not supposed to be ANY netting by anyone right now, not sure if that's true or not but there were a lot of nets there

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2005, 04:24:06 PM »

how do i get to scale bar ? Is scale bar on the north or south side of the fraser river ?

fisher88

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2005, 08:36:38 PM »

is it worth it to go on the north side of the fraser?? every time ive fished ive stuck to the south. Ive never heard of good bars on the north but i wanna give it a try even though im sure its a logner drive  :-\
If you aint dutch you aint much!

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2005, 10:32:19 PM »

Scale Bar is a gong show of the same proportions as Peg Leg. I definitly would not reccomend it to anyone.
Actions speak louder than words.

DaN ThE MaN

• Old Timer
  • Darn she got away!!
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2005, 12:55:09 AM »

The walk down is another story ;D!

Steelies-nitemare

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2005, 07:07:21 AM »

Is that why you fish there Biffchan  ;)   :-\

miketheflyguy

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2005, 08:58:09 AM »

When I first started to fish like 7 years ago, that is the place that my dad would take me......most of the days we'd get there at 6 and we'd be the 3rd and 4th people there.....and before we'd leave in the afternoon there would be like 7-12 of us fishing there.....and gradually over the year(s) more people would show up.....and now look at it......I remember fishing there or somewhere near there...and hooking 20 sockeye in 8 hours....but remember that was in the late 90's........like 99 I think.....

fisher88

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2005, 11:19:23 AM »

no wonder there is no sockeye now mike!! ;D  I go to jones bar/ gold dredge or w/e you wanna call it. That i think, has to be the bussiest bar  on the river!! fishermen every 15 feet in prime summer time.
If you aint dutch you aint much!

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2005, 11:23:04 AM »

Not to cast stones for past transgressions (it may have not been that bad back then), but i hope no one still goes out and hooks 20 sockeye in a day.  

Its a meet fishery - virtualy ZERO sport: heavy gear and no playing a fish out because of the crowds...

Once you have your limit...pac it in please!  The fish counters on all the bars are looking for that and if they hear of a lot of "hooked" and released sockeye, that will be more ammo to shut down the fraser to flossing.