Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mon 21 vedder  (Read 6573 times)

mr.pink

mon 21 vedder
« on: February 21, 2005, 04:39:23 PM »

i d have to agree with bugpumper,damn it was cold in the morning.all most cold enough to get back in the car,almost.any way we didnt have much luck,i hooked onto a nice steelie and had the fight of my life,for about 5 min,then my leader broke,doh.my bud had pretty much the same but we didn t even get a look at his.water(big surprise) is low and clear,by noon it was almost sun tanning weather,explored some of the lower river today(my first time) saw a little nice water but to many poeple,cheers and tight lines.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
Re: mon 21 vedder
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 05:10:04 PM »

Same story here. Fished alot of water today upper and lower river, lots of people, lots of sun and very few fish. Got to one somewhat secluded spot and began to fish. I saw a smallish fish porpise a few times, casted to it, float goes down, hookset, headshake, gone  :-[
Actions speak louder than words.

mr.pink

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 06:19:54 PM »

funny you should mention porpising,there was a big one that did it 3 times where we were fishing,my bud said it had a hook in its back.it was strange to see this big fish surfacing like that,but it kept us fishing ,lol.

Steelies-nitemare

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 09:37:04 PM »

On one of my last trips out i seen fish surface 4 different times in the same hole.  Seems like when there rollin there aren't as aggressive to take my offerings  :'(

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2005, 09:13:21 AM »

I don't know what river you guys are fishing, but itdoesnt sound like the vedder I kow (this year anyhow).  i have taken 3 or 4 trips so far and have not hooked a single fish.  I have seen very few fish hook too.  If you ask me, this year has sucked hard!

I have been fishing from alison pools to the ranger run...lots of great water, but no F****** fish!  where are all these reports coming from???

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 01:59:56 PM »

Gooey

You just ned to fish the "right" spot, I guess. I'be been down between the crossing and Bergman and I usually see a few fish caught when I am out there. Just spoke to a friend a few minutes ago and he is fishing somewhere around Lickman and he saw quite a few caught.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 02:55:49 PM »

All of the ones I've seen caught were on the lower river, as for me, I never connect lower rvier and have hooked into all of mine on the upper.
Actions speak louder than words.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 03:49:15 PM »

Three for seven amongst the crowds in the lower last Friday  ;) First, and perhaps the only time I'll ever be there! Feel for you ladz having to put up with that type of pressure! Nice water though...

Cheers,
Nog

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 03:58:14 PM »

Three for seven amongst the crowds in the lower last Friday  ;) First, and perhaps the only time I'll ever be there! Feel for you ladz having to put up with that type of pressure! Nice water though...

Cheers,
Nog

The guy shows up one day, and nails 'em like they were pinks!   ::)   

canoe man

• Old Timer
  • and awaaaaaaaay we go!
    • brandywine marine
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2005, 05:59:02 PM »

wow nice fish, i guess i doesnt matter what river you fish
you just gotta get out and fish
mental note to self" get out and fish more " lol
cnm
president of the HANEY HOOKERS SOCIETY

Steelies-nitemare

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2005, 06:19:10 PM »

Way to rub it in, Nog  ;D Glad you had a chance to fish the mighty vedder but ya could've left some for me.  I'm sure you just humbled alot of good rods.  ;D I haven't touched 7 steelies in a day since the thompson trips :o

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2005, 06:49:48 PM »

The low & clear water condition makes it very difficult for fish to travel through the system. They just get slayed daily at the lower river by hords of fishermen lining the shore. Some lower spots get so shallow that they are barriers to steelhead migration at day light. There is not enough places for a fish to hide from fishermen.

Those of us prefering to fish the mid or upper river will not have much chance on a hatchery fish which get thinned out at the lower river.  The wild fish, well, they probably get hooked multiple times before they reach our upper hunting ground, and get quite spooked and tight lip. There are the odd ones, just not enough to excite anybody. We need rain, or just show up lower river at first light and beat the crowds to a hot spot. ;D  Impossible for me. ;D  So, forget about catching a fish, just enjoy the scenery and a good day out for now.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2005, 10:25:30 PM »

Cammer, from your recent posts on various sites, you are obviously among the elite few who are approaching Master Nick's results. I don't fish enough recently, so perhaps you can enlighten some of our board members your successful fishing approaches in the current condition which set you apart from the crowds. There are too many other fruitless reports from posters (and they generally said they didn't see much action any where). Even our great CG is silent now.  Perhaps you can take the floor to share some of your insights.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 10:27:13 PM by funfish »

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2005, 01:10:20 AM »

Cammer, LOL, that is a fun read.  Thanks for sharing.  Hmmm, not seeing more than 2 fishermen in last 5 outings.... where can that be?  Cannot be lower river, rods everywhere, and most hot spots are known.  I have my secret hide-out in mid-river. I'll go there fish or no fish. Forget about the crowds in lower river. Hey, Cammer, saw your secret weapon on the other site. That must be your weapon of choice in muddy water.  ;D

Steelies-nitemare

« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2005, 08:17:06 AM »

That was his lure??  I thought it was his fish Bonker!!  ;D