Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: mon 21 vedder  (Read 6574 times)

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re: mon 21 vedder
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2005, 09:25:44 PM »

I know once you get your first, they just keep on coming.

Really??? ;D ;D ;D

I'm pretty sure he's bought into the "Steelheader's Lie"  :o

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2005, 08:32:02 AM »

Mooch, you are such a friggin clown, I did take a lot away from my stamp trip in addition to my 13 lb doe...some a**w***** like you aint going to change that.

You say a good steelheader just knows where the fish are!  With 2 trips to the Chehalis and 3 or 4 to the vedder, I am guessing you have probably close to 4Xs as many trips as I.  I am curious, how many trips have you taken this season?

The more trips you take and the more exposrure you have, you will have proportionally greater success as you will learn the river faster, know the "hot spots" from week to week etc...thats exactly why a guide needs to be out everday in season.  If steelhead season begins in Dec, I am averaging 1 trip a month to the vedder.

PS - I agree with you, you dont need to post every time you get a fish which is why winter steele and bug pumper are the only ones on this board who know of my success on the north shore rivers this season.

I dont know what you do, whether you are retired like gadsen so you can fish your my friend off.  I have 2 young kids, work 5 days a week, and get an occasional weekend trip in so please same your condiscending attitude for someone else.

One thing I learned on the stamp is that some fish WONT bite.  When we finished working a hole the guide would nose the boat in to the hole we had finished pounding.  More oftern than not,we could see fish holding in the pool or run.  They were just lock jawed, turned off...what ever. 

There are a ton of factors determining success when steelheading and I think the single most important factor is fishing frequency.

Good steelheaders just know where the fish are.....like I said, what a friggin clown.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2005, 08:35:27 AM by Gooey »

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2005, 09:52:40 AM »

Hey Gooey don't sweat it, pretty soon the Cap coho will be in and the real fun will begin. I myself have only been out 5 times since Steely season began and hav'ent landed a hatchery yet, like you said, the more times out the more chances at the prize. But on day's like this, Hell any day, it's not about the catch it's about the experience and being with good friends. So don't get too upset about what Mooch is saying, we all know you're a great fisherman, as good as any on this board (except for Rod) and once the fun begins on the N.Shore I'm sure you'll show us. See you at the Cap Gooey.  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2005, 11:46:15 AM »

Gooey, you gotta relax a bit. Do you know mooch in person? I take it you don't, so then why does it bother you so much whether he thinks you can fish well or not? I couldn't care less if my fishing skills are being questioned (except when it comes from FA, since I obviously catch more than him, and will prove that again in September ;) ). Ease up, it's only a forum. :)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2005, 12:39:46 PM »

I know where you fish Rodney. Hope you're not offended if a triple hook comes flying at you this fall  ;D ;D

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: February 27, 2005, 05:37:54 PM »

Don't worry gang, I am not worried one bit about what mooch thinks in relation to my fishing skills/luck. 

You don't want to share reports, success stories, general comradery...thats cool, do what ever makes you feel warm and fuzzy on the inside.

But why then, come to a forum such as this at all then?