Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2023 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 42101 times)

fic

• Old Timer

How's the water looking? The Graph spiked pretty high.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

The spike is sharp but still small so far (4 inches). River held this morning and most likely will only hold for a little while longer before clarity degrades.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Saturday is expected to see a larger amount of rain than last night. This November looks like it will be a more normal iteration than last year.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

bigsnag

• Old Timer

I saved these from the upcoming atmospheric river this morning.

I will give you a hand...

It ain't the roe bro'

Jacobleboe

How’s the river looking for fishing tomorrow? Not too good id imagine.

Chum Slayer

I wouldn't go tomorrow its too high, just stay home... no fish to be had at the Vedder however the stave is a different story ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Caught lots today. ;D

Jacobleboe

Saturday is expected to see a larger amount of rain than last night. This November looks like it will be a more normal iteration than last year.
yes been thinking of trying out the stave. The problem for me is finding the coho because there’s always so many chum around.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer

OMG two endangered species - DFO. They actually do exist or they just people dressed as DFO for Halloween ? ;D

Chum Slayer

How do you think I feel my freezer every year? one quick stop on the river with my costume and I am set until next season.

Darko

• Old Timer

How do you think I feel my freezer every year? one quick stop on the river with my costume and I am set until next season.
time to change your username, chums are closed to targeting  ;D
if you ain't fishin, you ain't livin

Chum Slayer

Went out to the river today to check out things the river is blown out with very few places to fish ethically. I had some success with one spring and chum on a secret lure fishing in a back channel where the water clarity was much better.

canucksfan233

Ya, had about a foot to foot and a half of vis, fishing was absolutely garbage. Really have to know how to fish dirty water if you wanted to have success today.

Chum Slayer

Big flashy flies and giant uv/glow-in-the-dark beads were the ticket today. I have most of my success fishing creek mouths the fish stop usually to clean out their gills which allows you to get a reaction strike.

bravo252

Are we done this year??