Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2020 Interior Lake Fishing Season  (Read 30472 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
2020 Interior Lake Fishing Season
« on: May 11, 2020, 10:28:23 PM »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: 2020 Interior Lake Fishing Season
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2020, 10:45:10 PM »

Sweet but did you actually caught it ?

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 07:02:41 AM »

Im disapointed that you are not following the Covid guidelines Rod.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 09:09:54 AM »

And people were giving Robert G such a hard time

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 09:33:19 AM »

And people were giving Robert G such a hard time

The interior towns don't want people coming in from other regions and I hope people will respect that. I'm sure it'll be a gong show regardless this long weekend :/

Cities like Chilliwack have also asked people not to come in from out of town. I've been respecting that, and I hope others will too. I'm sure it'll be a gong show regardless this long weekend :/

You mentioning RobertG gives me a sense of deja vu  :P

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2020, 09:59:53 AM »

I'm not sure why people are giving Rod a hard time here? His truck can easily go to Merritt and back on a single fill up. How exactly is he putting anyone at risk by sitting on a lake in his boat? IMO people are way out of control with the shaming and paranoia when it comes to this. Use some common sense and everything is fine. If you're terrified to leave your house, that's your issue, but I can guarantee that going to the grocery store is a hell of a lot more dangerous than going to a lake for the day.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2020, 10:06:43 AM »

sort of a dark looking fish! How did it fight Rod? Or do we have to wait for the movie? Do triploids take on that color despite being sterile? Of course I have no idea if that's a triploid.

His truck can easily go to Merritt and back on a single fill up.

...yeah but can his bladder last that long?
« Last Edit: May 12, 2020, 10:12:09 AM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Old Blue

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2020, 10:14:01 AM »

I can assure you the fish fight very well there and that day trips can be done very easily without visiting the interior towns.   

Pack water, breakfast, lunch and dinner the night before.  Make your coffee at home. A full tank in Hope gets you back so bring hand sanitizer and use it before and after touching the self serve gas hose to protect yourself and others in case you'e asymptomatic.

Use common sense not common irrational fears.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2020, 10:18:02 AM »

I can assure you the fish fight very well there and that day trips can be done very easily without visiting the interior towns.   

Pack water, breakfast, lunch and dinner the night before.  Make your coffee at home. A full tank in Hope gets you back so bring hand sanitizer and use it before and after touching the self serve gas hose to protect yourself and others in case you'e asymptomatic.

Use common sense not common irrational fears.

there's the buzzer or the gong.

These fears are not irriational nor do they lack common sense. Common sense is neither common nor sense and the virus cares about neither.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2020, 10:59:47 AM »

I was up fishing in the interior this weekend. Tonnes of people fishing. Lots camping too.
Some lakes were busy. Others were not as busy, but none were empty.
People were camping all up and down the Coq. Kane Valley was busy. The 5A was full of campers and people towing boats.
It was good to see people getting out and enjoying life instead of staying home and panicking about the plandemic.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2020, 11:41:18 AM »

Dr Bonnie Henry and B.C government has advised B.C residents to avoid all non-essential travel. I’m staying local for now. I feel it’s the right thing to do for our at risk elderly population and over worked health care workers fighting this pandemic on the front lines. I have the rest of my life to fish non local when this pandemic is over. Just my personal opinion. Stay safe everyone.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2020, 11:51:24 AM »

ditto for me Wiseguy.

However also worth pointing out that angling videos is how Rod earns his living.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2020, 12:16:05 PM »

Not that it matters, but has anyone considered this fish was caught in a previous year? Perhaps Mr. Hsu is having a chuckle over this  ;)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2020, 12:23:43 PM »

Not that it matters, but has anyone considered this fish was caught in a previous year? Perhaps Mr. Hsu is having a chuckle over this  ;)

...hmmm - here the name of the jpg file: 5Sep21J.jpg

Robert_G

« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2020, 12:28:43 PM »

Dr Bonnie Henry and B.C government has advised B.C residents to avoid all non-essential travel. I’m staying local for now. I feel it’s the right thing to do for our at risk elderly population and over worked health care workers fighting this pandemic on the front lines. I have the rest of my life to fish non local when this pandemic is over. Just my personal opinion. Stay safe everyone.

Your post is totally what this meme says