Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2020 Interior Lake Fishing Season  (Read 30429 times)

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
Re: 2020 Interior Lake Fishing Season
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2020, 01:07:09 PM »

There was an article a while back about how important it is to see photos of the sick and the dying to be able to fully grasp the reality of the situation.

"Many do not have these mental images. [...] For society to respond in ways commensurate with the importance of this pandemic, we have to see it. For us to be transformed by it, it has to penetrate our hearts as well as our minds."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/01/opinion/coronavirus-photography.html

I think seeing these photos would change many peoples' attitudes and make them less cavalier about it. The father of a family friend is at RCH now on life support and it doesn't appear that he'll ever be able to breathe on his own again. He had Covid a couple of weeks ago, which led to complications, followed by an induced coma to stabilize him. He's free of the virus now but his brain and lungs have been so damaged that his outlook is grim. I hear these stories from people we know and I worry about my own elderly relatives.

I just wish that people would treat this issue as a matter of public health, rather than a political wedge or a way to trigger the snowflakes online.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2020, 01:10:43 PM »

Not that it matters, but has anyone considered this fish was caught in a previous year? Perhaps Mr. Hsu is having a chuckle over this  ;)

Damage is already done if Rod can go and is a social media persona that means we all can!!

i wonder what glg would say about the post probably that its dangerous and is costing lives lol!

Old Blue

« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2020, 01:33:11 PM »

And the province has named hunting and fishing essential.

How about reading my post first without judgement.  Zero interactions with other people.

I'll have to finally agree with others on this but Ralph you are out to lunch.

Everyone has an opinion, just like a s $ h o l e s and well........you're not worth anymore time as I've got tying to do before my next day trip.

Peace out and bobber down.

Robert_G

« Reply #18 on: May 12, 2020, 02:14:47 PM »

"Many do not have these mental images. [...] For society to respond in ways commensurate with the importance of this pandemic, we have to see it. For us to be transformed by it, it has to penetrate our hearts as well as our minds."

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/01/opinion/coronavirus-photography.html

I think seeing these photos would change many peoples' attitudes and make them less cavalier about it. The father of a family friend is at RCH now on life support and it doesn't appear that he'll ever be able to breathe on his own again. He had Covid a couple of weeks ago, which led to complications, followed by an induced coma to stabilize him. He's free of the virus now but his brain and lungs have been so damaged that his outlook is grim. I hear these stories from people we know and I worry about my own elderly relatives.

I just wish that people would treat this issue as a matter of public health, rather than a political wedge or a way to trigger the snowflakes online.

Do you know what 'sensationalism' is? If you don't, I'll give you a hint. Your post is 'sensationalism'. The NY Times is famous for 'sensationalism'.
You want to talk about 'images'?

Have you ever walked into a bunker where they find a dozen or more preteens between trafficked for prostitution?
Have you ever been at the scene of a horrific car accident when they scrape children's body parts off the sidewalk?
Have you ever walked into a homicide scene at someone's home where a family has their brains splattered all over the wall from being executed point blank by gang violence?

Covid-19 doesn't even touch those examples....and really….Covid 19 is just another virus that has a very small chance of killing us. We all die in one way or another. There is nothing about a Covid-19 death that makes it different from other types of death in that we should be paranoid or to let ourselves become engulfed in the media's sensationalism.
You and I will both die...one way or another... Death is a reality that isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #19 on: May 12, 2020, 02:27:08 PM »

And the province has named hunting and fishing essential.

How about reading my post first without judgement.  Zero interactions with other people.

I'll have to finally agree with others on this but Ralph you are out to lunch.

Everyone has an opinion, just like a s $ h o l e s and well........you're not worth anymore time as I've got tying to do before my next day trip.

Peace out and bobber down.

Have a nice day then. I read your post. It doesn't mention "zero interactions with other people". Clearly you are free to have an opinion (and be likewise as you describe me)  and do what you want as well. Cheers
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

DanL

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: May 12, 2020, 06:26:53 PM »

sort of a dark looking fish! How did it fight Rod? Or do we have to wait for the movie? Do triploids take on that color despite being sterile? Of course I have no idea if that's a triploid.

I wonder if that could be a blackwater? It's not unusual for blackwaters to get dark, even triploids. Though the FFSBC still seems to stock diploid BW's in a bunch of lakes so who knows...

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: May 12, 2020, 06:33:09 PM »

I wonder if that could be a blackwater? It's not unusual for blackwaters to get dark, even triploids. Though the FFSBC still seems to stock diploid BW's in a bunch of lakes so who knows...

When the fish getting older, they become dark regardless triploids. You don't know which means you haven't caught these smart fish. They grow bigger not because being stupid.

I am ok with Rodney fishing. He fishes for business not for pleasure. It is essential for him to bring income for his family. no question about it.

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: May 12, 2020, 06:38:56 PM »

same triploid.
a 2 years 13 inches vs 4 years 19 inches

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: May 12, 2020, 08:43:35 PM »

same triploid.

That blue is gorgeous!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2020, 10:28:05 PM »

Sweet but did you actually caught it ?

It's ok to hold other people's fish you know? ;D I let you hold my pinks didn't I? ;D

sort of a dark looking fish! How did it fight Rod? Or do we have to wait for the movie? Do triploids take on that color despite being sterile? Of course I have no idea if that's a triploid.

This is a 4 year old Blackwater triploid. I don't know why they become "colourful" like that. Some say it's due to the tan coloured water of the lake. we've encountered other Blackwaters with similar colourations over the last few years.

Here's one from last year.

Two years ago.

Im disapointed that you are not following the Covid guidelines Rod.

Oh no! Some sleep will be lost tonight.

clarki

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2020, 10:43:56 PM »

same triploid.

Beautiful colours from the refraction!

OK, so how do you know if was the same fish, 2 years later? Pet fish in your aquarium? :)

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2020, 08:23:41 AM »

As was mentioned in the thread about Rod's coastal cutthroat video, many species and strains of trout seem to darken with age. Browns will darken and develop pronounced kypes. Many sub-species of rainbows also darken. Larger redband rainbows seen to be permanently in their spawning colors. I don't known much about blackwaters having never caught many.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

pwn50m3 f15h3r

• What a great fish...
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2020, 12:36:53 AM »

I'm too lazy to post a photo but in July 2017, I bonked a 3lb-ish bow that was really colourful out of a lake near Merritt. The stripe ran down the entire body from eye to tail and was a dark red and its belly was orange and red. Despite the spawning colours, the fish tasted like any other stillwater rainbow (possibly better). That fish probably had spawned recently because the only fish put into the lake are diploid blackwaters and the lake likely has wild spawning fish.
Someone was here

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2020, 10:05:33 PM »

Here is a brighter Blackwater rainbow.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer