Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Anti UNDRIP Petition  (Read 18543 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Re: Anti UNDRIP Petition
« Reply #30 on: April 21, 2020, 12:11:10 PM »

Formal adoption of UNDRIP into canadian law is far more reaching then just salmon.

We have adopted UNDRIP but only as per the UN. Writing into actually canadian law is a totally different thing and one that is very far reaching.

I think the fact that Bill 262 was delayed 100 times and then left to die in the senate speaks for itself.

Finally. Someone who actually grasps the reality of the situation. 

Thanks. Well said.

Nog

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #31 on: April 21, 2020, 12:26:29 PM »

The Bill was still in reading 2nd reading when the Senate rose for the Summer and then never reconvened prior to the October Election.Total readings of the Bill in the Senate was 12. The Conservatives controlled the Senate while in the House they were the only Party that voted against C-262 where is passed 206 to 79. The Harper Conservatives had set out to abolish the Senate but is more willing to use it when it suits their purpose.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: April 21, 2020, 12:30:22 PM »

The Bill was still in reading 2nd reading when the Senate rose for the Summer and then never reconvened prior to the October Election.Total readings of the Bill in the Senate was 12. The Conservatives controlled the Senate while in the House they were the only Party that voted against C-262 where is passed 206 to 79. The Harper Conservatives had set out to abolish the Senate but is more willing to use it when it suits their purpose.

It took the liberals 2 years to finally give it to the Senate https://www.parl.ca/legisinfo/BillDetails.aspx?billId=8160636&Language=E

They passed a covid bill in like a week.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2020, 12:31:20 PM »

What the adoption of the bill 262 will likely do is cause a bunch of new supreme court cases.
There will be as many Supreme court cases if UNDRIP is not adopted.  But it will, we all know that. 

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2020, 12:33:59 PM »

There will be as many Supreme court cases if UNDRIP is not adopted.  But it will, we all know that.

We have adopted UNDRIP Dave

"In May 2016, the Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs announced Canada is now a full supporter, without qualification, of the declaration."

https://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/1309374407406/1309374458958

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2020, 12:55:11 PM »

Got me! Watched "Up in Smoke" last night ... lingering effects  ;D

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2020, 12:59:25 PM »

It took the liberals 2 years to finally give it to the Senate https://www.parl.ca/legisinfo/BillDetails.aspx?billId=8160636&Language=E

They passed a covid bill in like a week.

::)...it was a private members bill WMY, most of which do not get beyond a first reading let alone get passed in the House and to the Senate.

We have adopted UNDRIP Dave

"In May 2016, the Minister of Indigenous and Northern Affairs announced Canada is now a full supporter, without qualification, of the declaration."

https://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/1309374407406/1309374458958

yeah and note the 1st endorsement was in November 2010 right after Harper won his majority government. The petition like pretty all such that IN passes along is just smoke.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 01:01:56 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2020, 01:02:48 PM »

::)...it was a private members bill WMY, most of which do not get beyond a first reading let alone get passed in the House and to the Senate.

bill 262 was unworkable according to Jody Wilson Raybould, who basically got brow beaten into supporting it.

it's a shitty bill and vague attempt at putting UNDRIP it into canadian law.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2020, 01:11:20 PM »

The 2010 Declaration of support by the Harper government is here:

https://www.aadnc-aandc.gc.ca/eng/1309374239861/1309374546142

The petition put together by Mark Friesen makes the same points that Chick Strahl as the Minister responsible made to justify Canada choice to be 1 of 4 countries that voted against UNDRIP in 2007.

Since the Harper Conservatives reveres ed their position in 2010 the issue of opposition to UNDRIP is a dead issue in Canada.

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2020, 01:12:30 PM »

... The petition like pretty all such that IN passes along is just smoke.

Get over yourself Ralphie Lad. You simply ain't all you pretend to be boy.

It's a shitty bill and vague attempt at putting UNDRIP into canadian law.

While it is a shitty bill, it was (and will be) an overt attempt from Blunder Boy to impose UNDRIP into Canadian Law. Only those wearing LIEberal blinders can't recognize that for the steaming pile that it is.

In many ways I feel sorry for them. 

Nog

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: April 21, 2020, 01:43:42 PM »

I dont think we will see bill 262 again it will be a liberal plan and will be stuck with it.

I am often reminded of an interview i seen with one of the big FN chiefs. How do you see reconciliation ending "ultimately with our lands returned to us"

The functionality of returning land obviously not possible but some sort of additional funding from every canadians poket book seems inevitable.

resources like fish seem to be the easy hanging fruit for now.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #41 on: April 21, 2020, 02:33:51 PM »

Get over yourself Ralphie Lad. You simply ain't all you pretend to be boy.

Unlike you I don't pretend to be anything other than a Popeye existentialist; I y'am what I y'am.

Where as you are just a Bluto! ::)

« Last Edit: April 21, 2020, 06:53:33 PM by RalphH »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #42 on: April 21, 2020, 02:35:12 PM »

Or a Tory by any other name is a Suppository

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2020, 02:37:49 PM »

Perfect responses from the Lefty Blindered.
Thanks for proving the point. Appreciated.   ;D

Nog

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #44 on: April 21, 2020, 04:27:22 PM »

Perfect response from the Right ;D ;D ;D