Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities  (Read 195560 times)

fishtruck

Re: Will COVID-19 Shut Down Fishing Opportunities
« Reply #885 on: May 28, 2020, 12:35:27 PM »

Last time I posted anything here was in 2018.
But just reading this thread really put everything in perspective.
It truly is baffling to think that there are people out there who think their world view is the one and only true "word".
Your truths are yours, and yours alone. When someone decides and "knows" their truth is the only and right truth, doesn't that means that you think everyone else is stupid.
If we dare think rationally for ourselves and hold strongly to our truths, the two that shall never be mention, mock , ridicule, and outright attack everyone.
My truths are my own, this comes after all my due diligence in researching not just one source, but mostly from academic sources from universities and scholars who speak academia.
Boys, bring it on 

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #886 on: May 28, 2020, 01:00:44 PM »

Last time I posted anything here was in 2018.
But just reading this thread really put everything in perspective.
It truly is baffling to think that there are people out there who think their world view is the one and only true "word".
Your truths are yours, and yours alone. When someone decides and "knows" their truth is the only and right truth, doesn't that means that you think everyone else is stupid.
If we dare think rationally for ourselves and hold strongly to our truths, the two that shall never be mention, mock , ridicule, and outright attack everyone.
My truths are my own, this comes after all my due diligence in researching not just one source, but mostly from academic sources from universities and scholars who speak academia.
Boys, bring it on
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

kosanin kosher salt

« Reply #887 on: May 28, 2020, 02:10:30 PM »

If Obama was still president and he had to deal with the exact covid situation faced today, the media would adore him saying he’s best fit for the situation even if many more passed.
I don’t know for sure, but I have a sure feeling.

Robert_G

« Reply #888 on: May 28, 2020, 02:27:07 PM »

If Obama was still president and he had to deal with the exact covid situation faced today, the media would adore him saying he’s best fit for the situation even if many more passed.
I don’t know for sure, but I have a sure feeling.

No....you are definitely 100% correct with that statement.
Almost all the democrats wanted the borders kept open....even with China. The Dems and MSM labeled Trump a racist for closing them when he did. So many indoctrinated liberals can't see the forest for the trees...fueled with hate for Trump. Trump could walk on water.....they would still hate him. Hate for the sake of hate.

FACT. There are LESS people dead from Covid-19 in the U.S. because Trump closed the borders when he did. There is systematically, mathematically no way any thinking human being can debate this.

bobby b

« Reply #889 on: May 28, 2020, 02:37:00 PM »

In all my years on this site I have never witnessed someone spew so much racially charged hate and self righteous indignation as you do...all the while calling yourself a Christian.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #890 on: May 28, 2020, 02:40:23 PM »

Never mind closing the borders, epidemiologists have stated had the States implemented social distancing just 2 weeks earlier, they would have saved 40% of the people that died

Robert_G

« Reply #891 on: May 28, 2020, 02:47:34 PM »

Never mind closing the borders, epidemiologists have stated had the States implemented social distancing just 2 weeks earlier, they would have saved 40% of the people that died

What would be the point in social distancing when you still have dozens of flights each week coming from the epicenter (Wuhan)?
Again....you're not thinking clearly. Your rational is the same as being in a sinking boat using a 1 litre bailer when there is 2 litres coming in for every 1 litre you scoop out.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #892 on: May 28, 2020, 03:51:50 PM »

The facts of the US China travel ban:

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/

The facts on Covid 19 cases and deaths in the US versus other countries in the world:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1105264/coronavirus-covid-19-cases-most-affected-countries-worldwide/
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 03:54:12 PM by RalphH »
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

Robert_G

« Reply #893 on: May 28, 2020, 04:02:23 PM »

The facts of the US China travel ban:

https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/the-facts-on-trumps-travel-restrictions/

The facts on Covid 19 cases and deaths in the US versus other countries in the world:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1105264/coronavirus-covid-19-cases-most-affected-countries-worldwide/

Sorry Ralph. That factchecker article was posted March 6th. There is no possibility that it could still be relevant.
It's as useless now as the weather report on the same day.

Spoonman

• Chehalis Canyon Vigilante
« Reply #894 on: May 28, 2020, 04:30:12 PM »

.......Trump could walk on water.....they would still hate him. Hate for the sake of hate.

........not as long as he did it upside down.......but it wouldn't be a miracle because turds float.....
member; Jack Daniels Pro-Staff / member;Team Hardcore Old Fart

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #896 on: May 28, 2020, 05:01:34 PM »

There Are None So Blind As Those Who Will Not See

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #897 on: May 28, 2020, 05:23:48 PM »

After March 6th Trump changed the facts that happened before March and it has been systematically, mathematically proven.

ah-Yup.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200413/fact-check-was-trump-slow-to-halt-travel-from-china

done in mid-April in response to statements made by Biden: 

We found that the United States acted around the same time as did many other countries. It wasn’t the first to restrict travel from China, but it wasn’t the last, either.

timelines are all before March 6th.

Robert_G

« Reply #898 on: May 28, 2020, 05:56:34 PM »

After March 6th Trump changed the facts that happened before March and it has been systematically, mathematically proven.

ah-Yup.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200413/fact-check-was-trump-slow-to-halt-travel-from-china

done in mid-April in response to statements made by Biden: 

timelines are all before March 6th.

1. That is definitely a left wing source....
2. April 13th is still old news....way too much new information since then...it simply isn't relevant.
3. Half the article is Joe Biden's opinion. He can't even remember what he had for breakfast.

Let me quote YOUR article:

*** """There are many points on which to criticize the Trump administration’s response to COVID-19, but they were not slow in instituting a travel ban on China,” Nowrasteh said. """ ***

This part of the article says the same as I did.
You just won't give Trump an inch will you? There's a lot of things about Trump I don't like (I'm not even a Trump supporter), but the unwarranted hate for the guy here in Canada is sickening.

Robert_G

« Reply #899 on: May 28, 2020, 06:09:05 PM »

Who's the sheep now?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD9XWTbbSGA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmJAcERLGAE

Come on BlaydRnr. I've come to expect better from you.
There is nothing worse than those crappy left wing videos where they CUT AND PASTE SNIPPETS of different videos to make a collage of garbage like that. They're a dime a dozen.
I've actually watched a lot of those news conferences, and what they don't show you is the rudeness of the reporters. They are downright nasty....just as Trump calls em.
Trump is talking about Covid 19 and one of the reporters out of the blue asks him if he moved any of his investments right before the pandemic. How bloody rude can you be? An outright accusation off topic and he had no evidence whatsoever.
Donald Trump is way too smart to fall for 'Gotcha Questions'. That's one of the many reasons why after the 22nd witch hunt by the progressive left, he is still president. In fact, if you watch those conferences, the media IS SO RUDE to him, that they are lucky he doesn't just get up and leave on them. The ones on the videos you posted with Jim Acousta from CNN are the worst. I have no idea how that guy ever graduated from journalism school.

Again...ANYONE can put together a collage of video snippets to make someone look bad.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 06:11:15 PM by Robert_G »