Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 160868 times)

Dave

• Old Timer

Absolutely! Chum represent the backbone of the nutrient chain in this system and their numbers are severely compromised.
Maybe start a petition Dave? Anybody who really cares would sign it.

I’m not sure who the petition should be aimed at … DFO is fully aware of the value of chums to coastal watersheds and has developed off channel habitats to increase natural production.  But, more fish are needed and hatcheries are a natural fit for chums because they are cheap to rear as they only require food for a short while.

Ralph, I can’t remember dates, nor do I have the data, but when the nutrient drip program was functioning on the Chilliwack, no added benefit from the fertilizer was measurable in the years after strong pink returns to the upper Chilliwack.  For sure ocean productivity is at play here, but imo, the more fry(especially fed fry), that are sent to the ocean, the better.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Out for a 30 minute fishery around noon. River void of anglers and fish although I saw a chap release a coho in the run below me. It was so bright it sparkled in the sun on a spring like day.  Found a chum salmon with 2 green disk tags in it, from the chum salmon mark and recapture study. Please do not remove if you see one too.
I will have a picture up on the FVSS FB page later if you wish to see what they look like.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Here is the info on Chilliwack/Vedder's chum salmon tag and recapture:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBAsBOUPrhU

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Here is one I filmed on the Chum Salmon tagging on November 7, 2019.  https://youtu.be/qpAgr2Lm6u4

bigsnag

• Old Timer

Here is one I filmed on the Chum Salmon tagging on November 7, 2019.  https://youtu.be/qpAgr2Lm6u4
You got a time machine there Chris?
It ain't the roe bro'

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

The Leaf Mobil does some amazing things... ;)

armytruck

• Old Timer

Here is the info on Chilliwack/Vedder's chum salmon tag and recapture:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBAsBOUPrhU
Will they be doing this , this year?
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Will they be doing this , this year?
One was done a few weeks ago not sure if completed.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 07:38:16 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

The Leaf Mobil does some amazing things... ;)
2,000 videos all unedited, some unlisted.lol. Thanks for the plug. ;) Some with my co star in them too, well many co stars and I pay them well too. I need some sponsors though but my qualty is not that good so none would do that, I need a new camera as mine has filmed in all sorts of weather, on fishing trips, deer hunting, duck hunting, geese hunting, grouse hunting, badminton games, river cleanups, church videos and the list goes on.. ;D :D :P :)  https://youtu.be/V6m8KkcXUDI
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 08:03:52 PM by chris gadsden »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

A long time not writing, "The Journal" about this weekend on the Vedder. I will try to do it tomorrow early in the AM

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

You caught some fish??? ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

You caught some fish??? ;D
The story will be writen at 4 Am for the early risers. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

The story will be writen at 4 Am for the early risers. ;D
Opps, sorry Rod slept in, got the Journal started but as now heading for coffee and fishing so will finish it later, stay tunned. ;D ???

Wiseguy

• Old Timer

Opps, sorry Rod slept in, got the Journal started but as now heading for coffee and fishing so will finish it later, stay tunned. ;D ???
Still waiting for it...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Still waiting for it...
Sorry have been tied up with the camp on Sweltzer, later today I promise and now it will be longer. :-\ ;D