Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2019 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 160822 times)

yoda

Really, the journal is resurrected? Awesome! As my grandson would say, I so excited!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

While I was at the Vedder River Rotary loop trail opening i filmed this little bit of action. Rod was there too but I scooped him on this one.lol  The trail will make access easier now.
 https://www.facebook.com/chris.gadsden.7/videos/10159158608099056/

Dave

• Old Timer

While I was at the Vedder River Rotary loop trail opening i filmed this little bit of action. Rod was there too but I scooped him on this one.lol  The trail will make access easier now.

Haha, good to see the Mennonite shuffle is still practiced  ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

I took off as soon as it was over so I didn't have to line up in traffic. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River rising this Am and visibility not that good. I made a few casts but retreated of the Island I was on so I could safely cross. Also the camp near Sweltzer just got cleaned up in time on Friday as would uncrossable for the cleanup gang and occupants

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River has nearly raisen a  metre  now.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Dropping back down nicely again, should be fishable shortly if not already.

essyoo

Is it worth trying the lower river tomorrow AM? Going to try to sneak out for a quick one.

sumasriver

Is it worth trying the lower river tomorrow AM? Going to try to sneak out for a quick one.

Just enjoy your day on the flow.. it is calling fishing.... not catching.

It is all about the peace of the flow and the beautiful surroundings....  enjoy.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer

Just enjoy your day on the flow.. it is calling fishing.... not catching.

It is all about the peace of the flow and the beautiful surroundings....  enjoy.

Most times yes. But if we never caught fish it would be called boating or hiking. I fish to catch fish first. Surroundings second. At peace with nature third. But it's all about the fish.

sumasriver

Most times yes. But if we never caught fish it would be called boating or hiking. I fish to catch fish first. Surroundings second. At peace with nature third. But it's all about the fish.

Catching fish is great fun.... but really as you get older you appreciate your time in fresh air and being on the water as much more important than towing a fish into shore.

psd1179

• Old Timer

Catching fish is great fun.... but really as you get older you appreciate your time in fresh air and being on the water as much more important than towing a fish into shore.

Install a hot tub on rear deck

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

There should be a hot tub at every main access point in the lower river. It'd solve a lot of fishery issues.

essyoo

Fill your waders with hot water like I do and you can have a hot tub with you all day.

sumasriver

Install a hot tub on rear deck

As fishing in BC continues to evolve.....  more and more of us will have to get see it as day on the river and less and less about bonking a salmon .