Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DFO's Next Target?  (Read 5522 times)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
Re: DFO's Next Target?
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2019, 04:28:25 PM »

Yeah....I guess the West Coast salmon fishery value at what?? 500 million plus isn't a high social and economic cost???....but guess what? Its pretty much closed....the sturgeon is just a matter of time.

While I agree on the sturgeon issue, there are other considerations involved with the current shut down of the Chinook sports & commercial fisheries.

This is a blatant and obvious attempt (so far working) by the LIEberals to reallocate the resource without compensation. Been on their books for a spell now. Given the upcoming election and their dismal failure with pretty much every single line item in the FN portfolio, word came down (apparently directly from the PMO btw) to ensure this went through. Anyone who cannot figure this aspect out should really reconsider the blinders they have on.

Has NADA to do with "conservation" (as witnessed by the continuing openings) nor anything to do with the SARA listing on the whales. It is a resource grab through & through. Period.

Nog

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2019, 04:41:01 PM »

Yeah....I guess the West Coast salmon fishery value at what?? 500 million plus isn't a high social and economic cost???....but guess what? Its pretty much closed....the sturgeon is just a matter of time.

It's only closed for chinook and its BS, but if Steelhead got listed it would be banned for all fin fish. There is a big difference

I agree tho, people that think the lower fraser sturg fishery will remain the same are kidding themselves. Many difference fractions trying to get it shut down or reduced. 

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2019, 05:41:38 PM »

So... Did everyone have a good weekend fishing? lol! ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2019, 05:56:23 PM »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2019, 06:32:31 PM »

While I agree on the sturgeon issue, there are other considerations involved with the current shut down of the Chinook sports & commercial fisheries.

This is a blatant and obvious attempt (so far working) by the LIEberals to reallocate the resource without compensation. Been on their books for a spell now. Given the upcoming election and their dismal failure with pretty much every single line item in the FN portfolio, word came down (apparently directly from the PMO btw) to ensure this went through. Anyone who cannot figure this aspect out should really reconsider the blinders they have on.

Has NADA to do with "conservation" (as witnessed by the continuing openings) nor anything to do with the SARA listing on the whales. It is a resource grab through & through. Period.

Nog

Just a matter of time before Nog would blame the Liberals for everything. So predictable. Tories were in power for a while and how did it worked out for the fishery.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2019, 10:13:49 PM »

Agreed !

Then the FN bands along the river will finally get their opening for Sturgeon once the salmon stocks are depleted