Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Are you coming to Chilliwack's All About Fishing on March 9th?

Yes! :D
No... :(
Maybe...

Author Topic: Chilliwack's All About Fishing and Used Tackle Sale, March 9th 2019  (Read 15796 times)

obie1fish

Re: Chilliwack's All About Fishing and Used Tackle Sale, March 9th 2019
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2019, 06:06:11 PM »

Had a great time- I appreciated all the opportunities go meet and talk with others in the angling community, to buy and sell gear, see owls, talk with conservation officers, Freshwater Fisheries, fly fishing instructors and authors, and many others... and all for free. A big thanks to all of the organizers and people and organizations that made it happen.

Best of all, of course, was the chance to give the gears to Leafs jersey-wearing Chris Gadsen! ;D

I hope this stays as an annual event, if for no other reason than to give those who missed the event a chance to enjoy it.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2019, 09:35:34 PM »

I would have posted this earlier, but I pretty much crashed as soon as I arrived home yesterday after Chilliwack's All About Fishing. The wife made fun of me when I fell asleep while sitting straight up on the dining chair during dinner. 🙄

Anyway, I cannot say thank you enough to all who came to the show yesterday. While I did most of the leg work prior to the event, it is the collective effort from many in the sport fishing and stewardship communities which has made this possible. I'd like to name every single volunteers but I simply can't, because there were over 100 people helping out yesterday!

And thank you to those who came to say hi to me, my family and my co-host Kitty. Your kind encouragements reassured us that our work is appreciated and we will continue to do better.

My vision for this event isn't just to promote sport fishing to new comers, but we need a grassroot event where this community can get together under one roof, put all the differences aside and work in a positive environment for one day. By doing so, perhaps we can finally reach the same goal, which is to revive the fisheries that have been lost over the past decade.

In the next couple of days, I'm going to be putting up a couple hundred photos on our Facebook page. Many thanks to EJ and Lorne for being the photographers at the event! If you have photos which you'd like to share, please message us or post them on the event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/505162653301580/

Thank you again, and we'll see you next year! :)

essyoo

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2019, 12:03:05 PM »

Thanks so much for putting this on Rod. My son and nephew walked away with some great prizes and loved the whole thing. My brother-in-law won one of the moby nets and I'll be grumbling about that for a while  >:(

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2019, 12:57:09 PM »

Kitty is the super star in the event. She is so friendly and open. She should have been a TV host or movie star.

sbc hris

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2019, 01:19:58 PM »

Thanks to Rod and everyone who was involved with putting this on. My family enjoyed it very much. We scored some great deals at the used tackle sale, and my daughter won a fantastic prize pack from the kids game. She was so excited about it that we went out on Sunday to test it out and get some practice!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2019, 10:49:12 AM »

Thanks so much for putting this on Rod. My son and nephew walked away with some great prizes and loved the whole thing. My brother-in-law won one of the moby nets and I'll be grumbling about that for a while  >:(

Your nephew (Jordan?) gave me a bunch of flies he tied then he won a rod and his dad won the net, pretty good trade. ;D

----

More pics!
https://www.facebook.com/pg/fishingwithrod/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10156307535637712

If there is anything that should be done differently, or new ideas for next year, please let me know. I don't want to just keep running the same things every year because then people would get bored of it. I plan is to add a couple of new features to it each year and get more groups involved.

essyoo

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2019, 11:52:33 AM »

Your nephew (Jordan?) gave me a bunch of flies he tied then he won a rod and his dad won the net, pretty good trade. ;D

haha yeah. He's been tying a bunch until he could make the "perfect" ones to give you. Was so excited to finally meet you and Kitty.