Advanced search  

Poll

Do you smoke up while fishing?

Yes
- 38 (40%)
No
- 57 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Marijuana  (Read 27439 times)

arimaBOATER

Re: Marijuana
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2018, 10:43:03 PM »

In Coquitlam today this dude standing in a street corner started blazing and stood there like he was putting on a performance. It was the most hilarious thing I'd ever seen. I wanted to video tape him and put it on Youtube, but unfortunately I hit the green light before I had a chance. Dude had style....but I couldn't tell if he had pyschological issues or if it was just the herb making him act that way.
That's a good one.
Guess he was making a statement. POT IS LEGAL. Look at me toke up in the open....
(need Pot Smoker Pride Parades). It's no longer behind a secretive closed door act.
11 PM news tonight we will hear the various city election results & can ya imagine some mayor or alderman/woman toking up as they give their winning speech & thank you !!!!
Sure a lot of tv pot info commercials. Must be costing us taxpayers $$$ to air those ads.

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2018, 03:41:07 PM »

Smoking pot kills brain cells. That's a fact. Take that truth how you want but facts are facts.

Hate kills brain cells too.

Fatso

« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2018, 03:47:35 PM »

Smoking pot kills brain cells. That's a fact. Take that truth how you want but facts are facts.

....maybe we are too smart for our own good anyways, so killing a few brain cells is a good thing.  ;)

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2018, 06:30:54 PM »

....maybe we are too smart for our own good anyways, so killing a few brain cells is a good thing.  ;)

I believe either you are "smart" or you are not. Some of the dumbest, knuckle dragging, mouth breathing people I know are not cannabis users. By contrast, some of the most intelligent/educated people I know are regular users.

Now I'm not saying pot makes you smart. It does not. But it does certainly not "make you stupid." Yeah, smoking a pound a day is probably not a great idea for your brain, lungs, and so on. But a few tokes here and there is no more harmful than anything else that is "bad for you." Deep fried food, movie popcorn, getting hammered off booze, stress, all you can eat sushi, and so on.

It just another way to unwind/relax. Yeah it would be better if you didn't touch the stuff, or drink, or eat Mcdonalds - but common live a little! If you like the stuff then friggen buy some and enjoy it. If you don't like the effects then that's fine too, but don't talk down to those who enjoy cannibas unless you can honestly say you yourself do not make any "unhealthy choices."
« Last Edit: October 25, 2018, 05:32:50 PM by Spawn Sack »

psd1179

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2018, 07:51:01 PM »

Where fishing vedder today, I suddenly smelt something. Turned my head back, one fisherman holding a centerpin was high there :)

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2018, 10:46:26 AM »

I can see weed becoming not cool. 

Kids can't use it as a cult hero, counter culture crutch, sticking it to the Man, man.

With legal access for all.  It's not 'cool' anymore, it just....IS.

YESFISH

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2018, 11:43:26 PM »

Fatalties in Washington state is up...

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2018, 07:56:19 AM »

Personally I dont know why the federal liberals made it legal. Its certainly not for the reasons they stated. I dont partake but I know a lot of people who do. Every single person I know that smokes buys from an illegal source and doesnt plan on buying from the government. Even national surveys state this very same thing. Am I to believe the federal government went into this for the reasons they stated ? That they're that genuine? I call BS. There must be another reason. It doesnt make sense.

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2018, 11:41:17 AM »

Personally I dont know why the federal liberals made it legal. Its certainly not for the reasons they stated. I dont partake but I know a lot of people who do. Every single person I know that smokes buys from an illegal source and doesnt plan on buying from the government. Even national surveys state this very same thing. Am I to believe the federal government went into this for the reasons they stated ? That they're that genuine? I call BS. There must be another reason. It doesnt make sense.

Have you been into a weed shop lately? They are B-U-S-Y. I popped into the one in Chilliwack a few weeks back to see what it's all about. B-U-S-Y. A lot of regular looking folks trying a bit of this or that. Edibles were completely sold out. Many strains of weed completely sold out. I had to wait in line 5-7 min just to ring my purchase through. Other shop I like in Abby seems to be busy any time of the day. I have also heard the BCL website is doing quite well sales wise.
Ya, if you smoke pounds of the stuff and buy in bulk it will be cheaper to get it via "private sale," but I think most people would rather pay a few bucks more and have a similar shopping experience to picking up some beer.

Ambassador

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2018, 12:13:26 PM »

It's all about the M O N E Y.

The govt and their corporate overlords are hell-bent on taking over all distribution and charge the same prices that weed was when it was illegal - and re-direct all the money that was keeping small-town BC and Canada going for so many years into their own pockets.

Just have a gander at what POS hypocrites like Julian Fantino & Raf Souccar are up to now after years of ruining lives of many involved in the marijuana trade.

https://www.aleafiainc.com/board-of-directors

"Perhaps fishing is, for me, only an excuse to be near rivers"
Roderick Haig-Brown

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2018, 02:31:37 PM »

Have you been into a weed shop lately? They are B-U-S-Y. I popped into the one in Chilliwack a few weeks back to see what it's all about. B-U-S-Y. A lot of regular looking folks trying a bit of this or that. Edibles were completely sold out. Many strains of weed completely sold out. I had to wait in line 5-7 min just to ring my purchase through. Other shop I like in Abby seems to be busy any time of the day. I have also heard the BCL website is doing quite well sales wise.
Ya, if you smoke pounds of the stuff and buy in bulk it will be cheaper to get it via "private sale," but I think most people would rather pay a few bucks more and have a similar shopping experience to picking up some beer.

Those shops are black market as are all the ones in Vancouver.  "Edibles" are not legal yet.  Those shops were open and busy long before "legalization."  Those cities turn a blind eye, while New West, Richmond, Surrey, etc will not allow black market shops.

Don't be surprised to see the "illegal" shops shut down one day. when the cities finally licence the legal shops. 

Pro tip- much cheaper and convenient to buy from various "illegal" sites online (mail order) than the dispensaries but I don't think it would be appropriate to put links up here.

Chehalis_Steel

« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2018, 05:41:02 AM »

Not at all, and definitely not while fishing. I'm not going to judge anyone who does it, especially those who do it for legitimate medical reasons (like severe pain). But it's really not a good idea if you're doing any kind of fishing where you need to be able to think clearly.

Tadpole

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2018, 06:05:53 AM »

Hahaaa I love it

Life kills brain cells. The older we get the less of them we have.

banx

« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2018, 12:35:18 PM »

That is true, but you can also exercise your brain.  Reading, hobbies like tying flies, challenging games, maintaining physical health with exercise  etc all slow down the degeneration of the ol melon.

personally I think having $hitty  kids would be far more detrimental to your noggins health than puffing a pinner and going to watch bohemian rhapsody.

dobrolub

« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2018, 11:01:57 PM »

Reading, hobbies like tying flies, challenging games, maintaining physical health with exercise  etc all slow down the degeneration of the ol melon.
well...fly tying may have been a bit of a stretch... or 'fishful' thinking