Advanced search  

Poll

Do you smoke up while fishing?

Yes
- 38 (40%)
No
- 57 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Marijuana  (Read 27511 times)

Fatso

Marijuana
« on: October 17, 2018, 03:20:46 PM »

Now that marijuana is legal.  ::

clarki

• Old Timer
Re: Marijuana
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 05:05:18 PM »

I don't smoke weed, but I do smoke tobacco once a year, and that's on the guys annual fishing trip to Hihium Lake. I don't know what it is, but I find smoking while fishing in my 'toon to be immensely satisfying.

I'll buy a bunch of mini cigars or cigarellos before the trip, smoke like a chimney on the water, and smoke the handful of leftovers while beach fishing when I get back, and then that's it until the following year.

Funny story, this year I had a couple of mini cigars remaining after the annual trip. They were a rather unpleasant smoke, but hey, I paid for them so I am going to put them to use! Had two of them with me on the beach while fishing in waist deep water. Had the first one going in my mouth while I was retrieving. The acrid smoke went up my nose, I coughed, and out flew the cigar into the water. Pfft. A little later, I lit up the last one. Same thing. Involuntary cough and into the water it flew as well. I'm not a very good smoker!             

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 05:17:22 PM »

I don't smoke or otherwise imbibe in weed.  I don't know if that will change now that it is legal. I do enjoy alcohol in many forms but don't drink anything while fishing. In the past I found a beer or two in the boat or by a river spoils the experience.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2018, 05:19:14 PM »

saw people smoking it walking down the street today
went online and lotsa product was already sold out ! plus canada post is charging flat rate $10

Blood_Orange

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2018, 05:38:33 PM »

I don't smoke pot at all. I enjoy a drink or two but I don't drink while fishing... I like having my wits (and balance) about me when clambering around on wet river rocks :P

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2018, 05:43:21 PM »

lol im glad to see its a bit more civilized on here...

If this was fraser valley fishing addicts apparently you can't catch fish without lighting up a "fish whistle" first.

it aint fishing unless your blazing

John Revolver

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2018, 05:55:26 PM »

I only really like to smoke pot in the evenings after a couple beers or some scotch,listen to music, read....typical head type stuff. 

When I'm fishing I like to get totally in the zone and really concentrate on what I am doing and pot distracts me from that.

I do enjoy golfing stoned. I find that very calming.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2018, 05:59:12 PM »

I get my high from fishing not from weed or alcohol.

Fatso

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2018, 06:05:24 PM »

Me too👍

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2018, 06:30:04 PM »

Had to give it up years ago due to random drug testing for the oil companies. Still standing on the sidelines to see if / when they address the issue about it being legal now.
Then it’ll be on like donkey Kong lol.

Wiseguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2018, 06:55:13 PM »

I get ripped when fishing. It's part of the experience. Better concentration when high.

CohoJake

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2018, 07:39:44 PM »

I wonder - it used to be fairly common to find cigarette butts in the gullets of fish I caught on the Vedder.  Has anyone ever found the butt of a marijuana cigarette in one?  Maybe they only like the bright orange filter ends.

Hike_and_fish

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2018, 07:56:14 PM »

No pot for me. If I have a lakeside campsite and a dock I may have an evening beer on the boat but that's it. I have friends that smoke pot and fish. They say it makes them better fishermen ( better at anything for that matter )  but they're horrible at it. Also have a tennant that smokes pot at the back corner of my yard. He says it fixes his anxiety. It does not. Hes shifty with or without it.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2018, 09:15:07 PM »

Have mixed feelings on this one. If a person drinks a bottle of wine or 4-5 shots of hard booze or 8 bottles of beer in a 2-3 hr span & fishes it would open up the possibilities of boat accident or slipping & falling into the water...but smoking 2-3-4 joints in 2-3 hrs the person would be more stable in my view.
Pot smokers do not get hangovers. It had been many many years since toking up.
Mind you with increased pot smoking I bet there will be more home fires. Also many complaints about bad odours from neighbours. Once we were toking & laughing & a very short lit joint went flying in the air. We looked & looked & could not see where it went. We then lost interest & left the room.
Then we seen smoke. The couch was on fire. The joint went into the side by the armrest & cushions.
We dumped lots of water to put out the fire. The couch was very badly damaged. My friend's mom just bought the couch & was a mere month old.
Maybe more bush fires too will happen.
I'm a Christian & 1000% believe in the forces of good /bad but believe if people smoke pot moderately & safely it's safer & more healthy than some person having 4-5 alcohol drinks or more daily.
My 2 cents. Hemp oil without THC made from the stem leaves...is really healthy for the body. ( cures tons of physical problems ) For me personally have no plans of buying as a few glasses of red wine 2x per week loosens me up nicely to enjoy Elvis gospel or his secular songs.
The RCMP policeman has to wait 26-28 days between shifts if he tokes up !!! What a stupid rule ????
The Vancouver police can toke up the night before & report to his am shift. As long as he is no longer stoned. Lots of things will have to be ironed out "me thinks."
Should be across the board set rules from the Pacific to Atlantic ocean.
Toke up & fish...better bring along some munchies....7-11 stores have stuff pot smokers like.  ;D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 09:21:36 PM by A-BOATER »

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2018, 01:15:11 PM »

A little off topic, but I think anyone who believes legalization will phase out the black market is delusional. If anything it's created a great market for low level distribution. Lastly how do you measure an individual's tolerance to deem it criminal when at work or operating a motorized vehicle? Zero tolerance no longer exist.

On topic...personally, I enjoy the purity of the sport. Being on the river and surrounded by nature without the city noise is enough buzz for me.  Besides, unlike when I was growing up the THC level nowadays is potent.