Advanced search  

Poll

Do you smoke up while fishing?

Yes
- 38 (40%)
No
- 57 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Author Topic: Marijuana  (Read 27422 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Marijuana
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2018, 01:15:18 PM »

Good on ya!

IMO everyone (excluding kids, etc) should at least try it in one of the many forms of consumption. Especially if you are on some form of sleep meds, anxiety meds, or whatever meds that could be replaced or at least supplemented with THC or CBD. Really don't get people who "refuse to try it" yet are on T3s for this, gaba pentin for that, sleep meds, whatever. I get sometimes pills are needed (ie when you are at work and cant be stoned) but when you are at home an have a half day to kill at least TRY the friggen stuff, and see if you get some benefit from it. If smoking does not appeal to you try edibles, tea, and so on. So many subtle options. Heck you can even get it in a pill/capsule if you just have to pop a pill in your mouth to get the desired effect. If you just don't like the effects then no big deal. It's not going to "kill your brain cells" any more than inhaling some fumes working with contact cement or whatever.

Plus drugs kill off the weak brains cells, allowing the strong ones to flourish. So, actually - drugs make you smarter.

That you Norm? ;D
I think there will be a lot of people wanting to try pot, but were always afraid of the stigma attached, or what others would think. For those newbies, take it from someone who has used it, off and on, for over 50 years – it’s great stuff!   

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2018, 10:51:08 PM »

Norm?
Me?
No, sorry.

PS. This is my 1000th post. Therefore, I rule.

halcyonguitars

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: October 20, 2018, 02:31:09 AM »

Milestoner!

John Revolver

« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2018, 02:54:22 AM »

Smoking pot kills brain cells. That's a fact. Take that truth how you want but facts are facts.

This post kills brain cells

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2018, 08:16:24 AM »

This post kills brain cells

for those without brain cells it doesn't matter if they smoke or not.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #35 on: October 20, 2018, 09:30:48 AM »

On tv news the other day it told of a medical study from Montreal that smoking pot will narrow blood flow in the brain...blood vessels shink or whatever thus a blockage may happen. Thus we have a stroke.
Hey but taking certain meds on tv commercials says it will help whatever condition & then the ad goes on for 30-45 secs with what damage the med may cause....ya right.
Since my heart attack 3 yrs ago I'm taking 4 meds & they all have warnings ...it can cause this or that problem. Alcohol as someone said already is bad for the liver. This why I've cut down my consumption a lot as blood tests show my liver is damaged.  But hemp oil if a quality product 80% of the oil gets into the person's cells !!!
Normal hemp oil goes right thru your bottom end if the delivery system is not there. Body has a hard time to absorb it.
And hemp oil ( not from the seeds but from the stem & flowers are best ) will help on 50 health problems. Amazing stuff. Sleep problems,brain,anxiety,cancer, on & on....
Thus if hemp oil is a wonder product surely smoking 6 joints a week must be healthy for the body.
It's the pot heads who toke up joint after joint ....10-15 joints a day I think will get problems down the line. But who knows; maybe I 'm wrong. Since legalization only 2x I smelt pot in the air when bike riding Ha. Thought I'd come across the ordour more often.
Agree that organized crime is entangled in our country thus how is the quality of the pot we get? Even in the stores?  Who knows maybe some of it has been sprayed with whatever chemicals or whatever.
Even stories on booze about having the proper labels etc...but it's a fake product & extra super bad to consume. Story about 4 yrs ago & liquor stores in Britain.

Robert_G

« Reply #36 on: October 20, 2018, 11:51:42 AM »

On tv news the other day it told of a medical study from Montreal that smoking pot will narrow blood flow in the brain...blood vessels shink or whatever thus a blockage may happen. Thus we have a stroke.

There have been thousands upon thousands of studies done on the dangers of smoking weed, but at the end of the day, those who smoke it will ignore the truth because its not want they want to hear. Its a truth that doesn't fit into their 'box'. Everything in life is like that. ….if you ignore the truth, then your opinion on the subject becomes what it true.....isn't that how it goes?

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #37 on: October 20, 2018, 12:31:03 PM »

Spawn Sack

• Old Timer
« Reply #38 on: October 20, 2018, 12:40:38 PM »

There have been thousands upon thousands of studies done on the dangers of smoking weed, but at the end of the day, those who smoke it will ignore the truth because its not want they want to hear. Its a truth that doesn't fit into their 'box'. Everything in life is like that. ….if you ignore the truth, then your opinion on the subject becomes what it true.....isn't that how it goes?

Whatever man. No one is tying to say smoking pot is good for you. Not smoking/eating it is likely going to result in you living a few more years. Personally, I'm not too worried about living until 82 or 89, or whatever. My point is you are unlikely to drastically shorten your life by enjoying cannabis in moderation. Yes, if you smoke joints all day long that is a different story. Much like drinking all day every day, you'll cook your liver. Or eating junk food all day every day, you'll be on that My 600LB Life show.

Pretty much everything aside from broccoli and organic kale chips are bad for you. Who cares?! Enjoy the vices you like in moderation.

We all know you hate weed because you secretely and so desperately want to try it now that's it's legal. Just admit it!

Chill dude - try a cookie.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry
« Reply #39 on: October 20, 2018, 02:07:20 PM »

anyone who thinks they wil not be health, cultural and social downsides to legalization is a fool. The argument for legalization is that it reduces those costs relative to prohibition. Even the health benefits and costs of weed are poorly understood. However conducting a sufficient number of proper studies under prohibition was close to impossible. Mostly we had the extremes of 'reefer madness' vs the extravagant claims of pot head culture.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

ribolovac02

« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2018, 07:02:53 PM »

I just have to pitch in here...
Nothing changes too much with this new law, or maybe it does , a little I guess.
People who smoked pot , will smoke more now , people who didn’t will laugh more , at the once that smoke more lol, government will profit , hopefully we all will , couse there will have more tax money available for certain sectors , or the crooks that use it...

Just a waist of brain cells, that could of been used usefully ...
« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 07:07:59 PM by ribolovac02 »

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: October 20, 2018, 07:31:34 PM »

When weed drinks become legal next year they will highly cut into the alcohol market. Get high will little to no hangover.

dobrolub

« Reply #42 on: October 20, 2018, 08:31:35 PM »

I don't smoke weed, never had. But I don't think the matter is black and white.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msx3BAhIeQg

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #43 on: October 20, 2018, 10:20:53 PM »

In Coquitlam today this dude standing in a street corner started blazing and stood there like he was putting on a performance. It was the most hilarious thing I'd ever seen. I wanted to video tape him and put it on Youtube, but unfortunately I hit the green light before I had a chance. Dude had style....but I couldn't tell if he had pyschological issues or if it was just the herb making him act that way.

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
« Reply #44 on: October 20, 2018, 10:31:20 PM »

In Coquitlam today this dude standing in a street corner started blazing and stood there like he was putting on a performance. It was the most hilarious thing I'd ever seen. I wanted to video tape him and put it on Youtube, but unfortunately I hit the green light before I had a chance. Dude had style....but I couldn't tell if he had pyschological issues or if it was just the herb making him act that way.

went to superstore the other day and couple walking in fired 1 up just in front of me as they walked in !
maybe if i had done the same i could handle the crowds and poor service !
btw, my order finally shipped from the gov store !