Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33

Author Topic: 2018 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 156524 times)

cammer

• I'm a llama!

Killed 3 coho and a spring ,,, how? Biting fish on roe bags 16 “ leader! Not easy to find

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

So there better be no complaints then, I can't fish until next week. ;)

cammer

• I'm a llama!

Last day of fishing till thanksgiving for me. Hopefully all the “ river bAristas” are all frothed up by then after the excellent shaming job u all will do shaming them

psd1179

• Old Timer

best way is to look for somewhere less fisherman if you don't like all kinds of odds.
The river is good. A friend send me a photo of their catch today. I'd rather not post in case disappointed people get heart attack.

cammer

• I'm a llama!

^^^^^^ translate please^^^^^^

bobby b

Why should he translate for you?

It may be broken English but I get what he means ... figure it out

Shinny

^^^^^^ translate please^^^^^^

What a d1ck. Should I translate that ?

This is a thread about the river conditions, If you want to bitch about what other people are doing start up a new thread instead of polluting this one.

I used to care about the staggers and I would go say something but times have changed. You really get the valleys finest people out there snagging. Pillars of the community  :P keep shaming people until you go up to the wrong group of snaggers and thing get unglued pretty quickly and a knife is pulled or your surrounded by a few idiots that aren’t catching fish but will make the rest of your day miserable.

Cammer , I don’t know where your at in life but getting married and having a couple kids really puts into perspective what’s important and what isn’t. Getting into conflict with other anglers while I am out there enjoying life just isn’t important anymore. So many things can go wrong. Am I going to risk my life or risk getting an assault charge .. getting stabbed or who knows what by the wrong guy... getting hep C over a guy snagging fish  8) not F’n likely.. not anymore ... not at this stage of my life. Maybe when I was young dumb and full of cum I might have gotten involved, actually I did get involved and a couple times it didn’t turn out that great. Leave that crap for the DFO to enforce. Call RAPP if you want to sleep better at night.  Nuff said.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 06:28:06 AM by Shinny »

montegobay man

::) well said Fishing report's page

DanL

• Old Timer

I was out on Sunday AM and the lower end was somewhat low clarity from the overnight rain. Maybe 1.5-2 ft vis, though I think it cleared a little by the time I left around noon. The turbidity probably helped though as fishing seemed to stay somewhat productive well after first light.

Is it safe to assume that it's now back to super-clear conditions?

BBarley

River is very clear and on the drop. Managed to find a beautiful little slot that was full of fish but they were tight lipped. Perhaps first light or chucking goo would of changed that scenario. It's funny with all this talk of snaggers and how much of a cancer they are, in all my travels along the river recently, I don't think I've seen one float flosser........

Haven't seen many fish hooked, and not seeing alot of springs aside from a few jacks kicking around. When do the chum typically start to show up?

DanL

• Old Timer

From my notes, I think 'peak chum' is around the 3rd week of October, though your chances are pretty good any time after the calendar turns to October.

That being said, my friend C&R'd a pretty nice chum on Sunday, though that was the only one from the 12-15 fish we saw landed throughout the day.

JL

Chum are already in the river. Caught one last weekend

bobby b

I've caught 6 chum already ... 1st one was 2 weeks ago

Am I wrong in thinking that the timing of all the runs, Springs, Coho and Chum...seems a bit off this year?

Coho seem early
Springs were on for a bit then off
Chum seem really early .... although not huge numbers..
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 12:14:24 PM by bobby b »

243Pete

River is dropping and the water is gin-clear making fish a bit more tight lipped now from previous when the rain came down and put levels up and clarity at that beautiful teal green which I find makes the fish more willing to bite when the sun comes up.

Always some early chum that come in with the springs and coho, still waiting for the majority of the run to appear around October which is when they usually show up. Already got a nice doe from the lower yesterday floating some spring roe on a slow run.

Lots of jack springs this year, hit quite a few on everything from spoons, twitched jigs and roe.

bobby b

Yup, I have also hit quite a few Jack Springs  ...

Gonna try my luck tomorrow early .... time to try out my freshly cured Spring roe.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 33