Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2018 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 156337 times)

dave c

Lower and mid river has been very inconsistent. I saw a few Coho and Spring landed but the fish seem to be pushing through very fast, despite the low water. Best bet is to cover lots of water if you want to find pods of Coho, but that's the opposite of what most people are doing lol

Speaking of people wading out too far...I saw two guys fishing a run in the Canal a few days ago. The one guy had a spey rod and was standing about mid river and pounding the water every cast. After about an hour he finally gave up. Within 5 minutes after he left, the other guy starting hooking into coho. I don't think that was a coincidence...
I dont think so either. Last year i caught a steelhead behind a spey guy who was waist deep. He almost fell in when it jumped. Lol

dobrolub

Praying for some rain :)

BBarley

Has been a fairly rainy day with some major downpours at times. I’d wager to bet the levels will reflect that in the next 24hrs.

bobby b

Fished a few spots today ... lower to mid river. Managed a Jack spring and lost another. Saw a couple of Coho landed but otherwise seemed slow... fish wise that is ... lots of people out.

... Btw..i t was mentioned in another thread that Kev got the boot from the hotdog stand at On the Way store ...for the record that ain’t true ... he is still there and the hotdog stand is now called “Kev’s”

clarki

• Old Timer

The earlier Chwk River thread was discussing the new no-parking signs at Wilson Road in Yarrow.

This vehicle was parked there tonight. I found it a little humorous

Drewhill

When getting ticketed just tell the officer "The sign says no parking to the left or right but doesn't say anything about parking right in front of it" lol

John Revolver

Cycled through my Canal/Pillings/Hopedale circuit again today with the double hander .  Water is Gin Clear and low.  With a downsized sparse fly and 8lb flouro tippet I managed to Kill a hatchery dime-bright coho.  1st Hatchery of the season.

Beautiful day today but it will be great to have a nice big dump of rain to open things up abit. *awesome news to hear that Kev is staying put at his spot. Thats great for all!

psd1179

• Old Timer

Cycled through my Canal/Pillings/Hopedale circuit again today with the double hander .  Water is Gin Clear and low.  With a downsized sparse fly and 8lb flouro tippet I managed to Kill a hatchery dime-bright coho.  1st Hatchery of the season.

Beautiful day today but it will be great to have a nice big dump of rain to open things up abit. *awesome news to hear that Kev is staying put at his spot. Thats great for all!

Which fly do you use?

bobby b

I also managed to get 2 hatchery Coho on the single hander :) Lost 2 as well....

One on a green California Neil and one on an olive Muddler with gold bead head.

psd1179

• Old Timer

I also managed to get 2 hatchery Coho on the single hander :) Lost 2 as well....

One on a green California Neil and one on an olive Muddler with gold bead head.

Nice. I fished Sunday, but it was too busy and fish ignored the roe ball.

bobby b

Yeah, Sunday was busy considering how miserable the weather was...

cammer

• I'm a llama!

Very very very spooky fish, managed 4 bites on fresh stamp roe, from first light on! Water is as low as I ever seen it, traditional hot spots not holding fish at all!””” Public service announcement time”””when u are fishing over spooky fish and people rip at the end of their cast trying to foul hook let them know that is screwing up everyone’s ability to hook these fish via a bite and shame them ! Hard enough to get bites now let alone scaring the Fak out of the fish

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Spooked, not spooky....

Spooky fish -  Fish that are scary...

Spooked fish - Fish that are scared easily...

mikeyman

Was the coho wearing its chum halloween mask?

typhoon

• Old Timer

I would say spooked fish are fish that have been spooked. Spookable?