Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CFL 2018 after 4 games cream is coming to top..  (Read 25572 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: CFL 2018 after 4 games cream is coming to top..
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2018, 12:38:59 AM »

I didn't expect the Lions to win and they lived up to my expectations. At least I came home with a couple of Wally Buono bobbleheads.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2018, 10:33:08 AM »

I didn't expect the Lions to win and they lived up to my expectations. At least I came home with a couple of Wally Buono bobbleheads.
Some bobble heads do not even look like the person but they nailed Wally's.
It actually looks like him.
When Rod & Chris retires from fishing ( health or age ) bobble heads should be made of those two guys.
If so hope it looks like them. Have to have a Maple Leaf logo tattoo on Chris's.
But with these two terrible outings possibly the Lions will suck it up so to say & surprise in the coming playoffs. Yes I like Wally & wish him the best retirement. Maybe he will have some sort of cfl team consulting or scout advice job.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2018, 07:09:18 PM »

Maybe the Leaves will offering Buono the role of an advisor. The current one should be fired and run out of town.

arimaBOATER

« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2018, 09:55:05 PM »

Maybe the Leaves will offering Buono the role of an advisor. The current one should be fired and run out of town.
;D ;D ;D That's funny ! Hope Chris knows I'm laughing with him & not at him.
Never mind was looking at a recent flyer /sales mag & there was a massage padded fancy living room chair.
Ya it gets plugged in an electric outlet & ya get a massage / recliner & get this....there was the Toronto Maple Leaf name stamped on it.
Head coach for TO brings the Grey Cup to that city last year. This year his #1 QB gets injured plus he lost a lot of key players...& he got FIRED !!!! ( the other day ). It's not what ya did for me lately ; it's what are you doing for me today.  ( like a loyal renter with rent on time for 30 years has some trouble & is late with $$$$. "You are evicted & leave by end of month." Life is brutal sometimes. Buono never got fired ( maybe he would have if he stayed one more year.....he knew it was time to leave on his terms or else.... ) 
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 09:59:00 PM by A-BOATER »

arimaBOATER

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2018, 01:31:59 PM »

Last game in Wally's career. 48-8 ouch !!!!
Reminded me of "Custer's Last Stand."
That TD where the Lions stopped them on 3rd down but the RB fumbled on purpose ( as he knew he was stopped. ) thus his team mate recovered the ball for 6 pts...but it sure looked very close that the RB was down. Lulay was given lots of opportunity to get the Lions going & even started in the 3rd qtr ?????
Deep down the players just did want to try hard. Cold weather in Hamilton ( close to freezing ) ...if they won they would have to play in Ottawa & more cold & if winning that one ...in Edmonton for Grey Cup & ya know it will more than likely be freezing !!!
These Lions like the warm weather of Vancouver & if raining the roof gets closed!
And Rick Flair is looking good ! He nearly died a year ago or so...
His Hoooo is strong.
He's friends with Angelo Mosca who is an ex Tigercat & pro wrestler. Seen Mosca wrestle Dutch Savage in Vancouver in the Gardens in an undercard. ( not main event but that billing could of been ) He later billed himself as King Kong Mosca & wrestled throughout Canada /USA & possibly even in Japan.
Now the Tigercats have to get humble & refocused because they need 2 more W's to be campions.
Ottawa will surely be ready for them.
Lulay maybe should of dyed his red hair black & try to sing some Elvis hits. Relax him a bit. He should of been pulled after the first half. Jennings moves better. & powerful arm. But he did not do any better really. By the time he was inserted he knew they were too far behind anyways.
Lions should of had Joe Kapp give a pre game speech to counter Flair & Mosca in the building.... ;D
Do not get Kapp & Mosca near each other....the last time that happened they had a physical fight. ( and they were seniors at the time...bad blood from the 60 's...infamous hit by Mosca on Fleming. )
Talking about late hits a Lion was down &  Tigercat hit him in the back with all his weight ...no call.
Big game in Regina next. Bombers in town. Winner goes to Calgary.
Wally retires with lots of records. But after the last few games he better retire or he may get fired!!!
Plane ride back home will be quiet. Ya know Wally will take this loss hard.
A loss is bad enough but it's the way they lost. All the best Wally. Honestly thought they would of been higher in standings after 18 games. Lulay career must be nearly done. Maybe back up role for BC or some other team. This Lions loss makes the Leafs & Argos losses of the past look not too bad.  ;D

« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 01:44:57 PM by A-BOATER »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2018, 02:55:11 PM »

A new era begins with the departure of Buono. Wally was known to get rid of players before their best due date. Wished he had the same with his coaches starting with himself

arimaBOATER

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2018, 04:56:34 PM »

A new era begins with the departure of Buono. Wally was known to get rid of players before their best due date. Wished he had the same with his coaches starting with himself
Yep your right. Wally did not re-sign some players who were stars with the team. Maybe they asked for too much $$$ ?
Wally last game on Remembrance Day Nov. 11 .....48-8 ya he'll remember that game for sure.
Give him a chuckle maybe.
His players just did not come thru in the last 3 games.
Wally 's last year & loses 3 in a row at the end...something not right.   
Hey if I were retiring from a loooooooong job I bet it would be tempting to not bust one's butt the last week of work. Maybe the players sensed Wally was more excited to retire than to get wins....who knows.