Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2017 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 150712 times)

fic

• Old Timer

Raining now, and more rain tomorrow.  Fingers crossed conditions improves soon.

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good

Don't people work these days? It seems to be ALWAYS busy on all the LML streams. Hopefully, rain and colder weather will keep some of them away from the flows.

wildmanyeah

• Old Timer

Don't people work these days? It seems to be ALWAYS busy on all the LML streams. Hopefully, rain and colder weather will keep some of them away from the flows.

Most people that would of took of time this summer for pink and Chinook fishing did not this year. I like many others saved my vacation for coho fishing.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

You're fishing a river system that roughly 2.5 million people within two hour drive can access by paying a few bucks for an angling licence, and you're going to be surprised and complain that it gets crowded? If you're fishing it, you're part of the "problem".

clarki

• Old Timer

Most people that would of took of time this summer for pink and Chinook fishing did not this year. I like many others saved my vacation for coho fishing.

Although I did not intend to take time off for chinook and pink, my two weeks of "coho vacation" starts Monday.

Looking forward to being part of the problem :)

fic

• Old Timer

My Pink season vacation was a disaster compared to prior years.  Luckily with 6 weeks vacation, I have time for coho vacation too  ;D

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good

You're fishing a river system that roughly 2.5 million people within two hour drive can access by paying a few bucks for an angling licence, and you're going to be surprised and complain that it gets crowded? If you're fishing it, you're part of the "problem".
Complain?? Nah! I just asked a simple question.  :D apparently, working on weekdays is for older guys these days.  ;)
BTW, haven't fished that river for two years but am going to be the source of the problem this October.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:23:55 AM by RainbowMan »

NothingToSnagAbout

That makes sense, what I don't get is the school-aged youngsters posting pics on social media about their weekday outings.

DanL

• Old Timer

Don't people work these days? It seems to be ALWAYS busy on all the LML streams.

They are always busy but weekends are still on a whole other level of busy.

mvelasco

To get back on topic: How did it look today? Judging by the water level reads it didn't go up very much

Britguy

• Old Timer

low but fishable depending on what you are targeting ::)

I found a few quiet spots all to myself, I was just Nymphing for trout and white fish, nice day on the river 8) and a few fish made it a good day out.

dcajaxs

water is low, clear and in some locations fishing pressure is putting additional stress on fish.  Some showers but not enough to bring the water up in the late afternoon.

mvelasco

Thanks dc and brit! I think I'll save some gas and wait till it bump up!

Seatosky

Any reports from today? (Water level, clarity, hookups?)

Appreciated,

CohoJake

• Old Timer

Any reports from today? (Water level, clarity, hookups?)

Appreciated,
Upper river from first light to 1:00.  Plenty of chinook jacks around, and of course old pinks, not much else.  River is was disappointingly clear - I was excited by the bump up last night/early morning, but the river actually dropped down to almost where it was yesterday by the time we started fishing at first light.  Still way too low and clear - I don't think it was enough rain to move fish upriver.  Either that or this is a really awful coho year.