Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2017 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 151674 times)

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer

True that. And today was as equally productively non-productive. You can be sure that I have spend time in introspection, self doubt and loathing.😀

I have made some gear adjustments and tomorrow we'll have another crack at them.

Sounds like you're having the type of year I had last year. Still have scabs on my forehead from beating it against the wall.

RainbowMan

• We need longer weekends...when fishing is good

Make sure those hooks are sticky sharp.... and stay away from bananas until you're done for the season ;D

MetalAndFeathers

Went  0-12 on jigs so far too, im gonna stick to roe.

bobby b

No coho for me today ... got into a couple Springs. Water is lower than low..

Saw a brown bear just east of Osborne Rd. Totally did a double take when I saw it...wife spotted it first. Only ever seen blacks up there and even then not very often.

Really surprised to see it in that area .... is that a normal occurrence or is it completely out of the norm.

A homeowner there came out too  ... said they have seen in the past.

stsfisher

Saw a brown bear just east of Osborne Rd. Totally did a double take when I saw it...wife spotted it first. Only ever seen blacks up there and even then not very often.

Brown Bear, or Cinnamon blacky? Not uncommon to see Cinnamon's, but would be very rare to see a Brown.

CohoJake

• Old Timer

Brown Bear, or Cinnamon blacky? Not uncommon to see Cinnamon's, but would be very rare to see a Brown.
That's what I was thinking. 

bobby b

Yup....could be..a big redhead.
The local seemed to think it was a brown too. Wish i'd got a pic ...it was big bear

It crossed Chilliwack river rd. at a good clip

Dave

• Old Timer

Saw a black bear this morning at Centennial Channel, along with a few thousand pinks (should have been WAY more).

CohoJake

• Old Timer

I've been watching the radar projections on my Weather Network app and it is very frustrating - rain is forecast immediately North and South of the Chilliwack river valley, but very little is supposed to hit it.  The same thing happened last weekend.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I've been watching the radar projections on my Weather Network app and it is very frustrating - rain is forecast immediately North and South of the Chilliwack river valley, but very little is supposed to hit it.  The same thing happened last weekend.
Rained hard today and very windy.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Today while cleaning up some garbage where I was fishing game upon a treble hook, barbed too. :-X

MetalAndFeathers

Is the water alright after all the rain?

Blackrt03

Is the water alright after all the rain?

When I left yesterday afternoon water still look good.

RalphH

• Old Timer
    • Initating Salmon Fry

Today while cleaning up some garbage where I was fishing game upon a treble hook, barbed too. :-X

common find in many places. As long as lures are sold with them it'll continue to be common.
"Two things are infinite, the Universe and human stupidity... though I am not completely sure about the Universe" ...Einstein as related to F.S. Perls.

MetalAndFeathers

Water came up and vis went down. Lots of fish though. Might blow out with all the rain